Blastfurnace 2019 Thread: The Saga Continues

Trey3216

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

The first half of summer was great. The second half of summer can gargle my fucking balls. 

what made the 2011 summer unbearable was all the 100 degree days in MAY.  what was it, 20+ days?  look forward to the next 4 months! whereas here the end is at least in sight.  and there's football. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

what made the 2011 summer unbearable was all the 100 degree days in MAY.  what was it, 20+ days?  look forward to the next 4 months! whereas here the end is at least in sight.  and there's football. 

If I remember correctly (in Waco/Hewitt area) it was 100 or more every day from Memorial Day until the end of Sept.  Stretches of 20 straight over 105 two different times.  There was 1 day in late August that had a grandpa squirt of rain at 3:45, which capped the high at 99 for that day, or we'd have a record 115 straight days over 100.  That summer fucking sucked.  

Because, some Texans: "I really don't mind the heat."  Summers like this are not good for our planet.  5 of the 10 hottest in recorded history happened in the last decade.  That's bad news for water, bad news for foliage, bad news for fauna.  We're not gonna hunt out way out of this problem.  Plus, so many white Texans I know can't break out their Patagonia vests for several more weeks and I honestly weep for their struggle.  Nevermind the golfing.  

I'll be fishing later today if y'all need me though.  

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

If I remember correctly (in Waco/Hewitt area) it was 100 or more every day from Memorial Day until the end of Sept.  Stretches of 20 straight over 105 two different times.  There was 1 day in late August that had a grandpa squirt of rain at 3:45, which capped the high at 99 for that day, or we'd have a record 115 straight days over 100.  That summer fucking sucked.  

2011 was indeed the worst..

i believe it got up to 112 one day in late August.

a few late September days got up in the 103, 104.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:34 AM, Lobo said:

Actual air temp today is supposed to touch 100.  Looks like Sunday is the next time we won't have a heat index of 100 or above.  Sweet.  

Some good news though is ACL weekend will be the first days I can remember that won't get over 90.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.  

At least the grass will be dead before the festival goers get a chance to kill it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lobo said:

Because, some Texans: "I really don't mind the heat."  Summers like this are not good for our planet.  5 of the 10 hottest in recorded history happened in the last decade.  That's bad news for water, bad news for foliage, bad news for fauna.  We're not gonna hunt out way out of this problem.  Plus, so many white Texans I know can't break out their Patagonia vests for several more weeks and I honestly weep for their struggle.  Nevermind the golfing.  

I'll be fishing later today if y'all need me though.  

I blame humans. If we'd stop recording shit nobody would be the wiser.

8 minutes ago, XYZ said:

2011 was the worst fucking summer ever. I remember waiting until 11 PM to walk my dog, and it was still fucking hot, the sidewalk and street just radiating heat. A big tree in my front yard died that summer. I really liked that tree.

Tried to get that bad last summer.  It was 118 in Waco one day late July.  Horrific 

Actual air temp today is supposed to touch 100.  Looks like Sunday is the next time we won't have a heat index of 100 or above.  Sweet.  

Some good news though is ACL weekend will be the first days I can remember that won't get over 90.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.  

Uh the new forecast is saying that front will never make it here due to the high pressure not moving.

It will be upper 90's to a hundred degrees....forever.

10 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Uh the new forecast is saying that front will never make it here due to the high pressure not moving.

It will be upper 90's to a hundred degrees....forever.

Pretty much need a hurricane to break this high.  This shit sucks. Maybe that blizzard in the NW will actually happen, and be strong enough to blow this high out of the way.  

Unsurprisingly, forecast models have pushed back expectations for the first real cooldown from next weekend into the middle part of the following week. Spacecityweather guys now see the following odds of when we get our first temperature reading of 65 or less:

Through October 4th: < 1%
October 5-7: 15%
October 8-10: 40%
October 11-13: 35%
October 14+: ~10%

The latest on record was 10/13 back  in 1904. Last year came in 2nd when it took until the morning of 10/11. 

18 hours ago, XYZ said:

2011 was the worst fucking summer ever. I remember waiting until 11 PM to walk my dog, and it was still fucking hot, the sidewalk and street just radiating heat. A big tree in my front yard died that summer. I really liked that tree.

not only that, but we had everything to the east of austin burst into flame that year. 

Yes, but that anomaly was predated for 1000 years with normal climate, and the 1000 years after this will be normal climate.  You're just looking at a spike.  And sure it's the spike in which your parents, you, your children, and grandchildren will live...but why should that concern us or prompt us to behave any differently?  We're the next greatest generation!  We got the call to rise up and die miserably due to climate shifts.  What an honorable fate!  At least we didn't have to storm any beaches!  You know...'cause there weren't any.  

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meanwhile. a friend who is working in New Hampshire this week said it’s been in the 40s at night, 70s in the daytime.  

I fucked your friend's face with my thermometer-length dick until it burst lethal mercury and shards of glass all over his sad fucking Granite State face.  And as he openly wept, in the admittedly comfortable evening breeze, I reminded him to keep his and his friend's mouths shut and mind their fucking business.  In September, in New Hampshire, it's nicer outside than it is in Texas.  We get it.  But now his body is full of poison, glass, and my semen because neither of you listen very well.  Our planet is sick, and so is your friend.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I fucked your friend's face with my thermometer-length dick until it burst lethal mercury and shards of glass all over his sad fucking Granite State face.  And as he openly wept, in the admittedly comfortable evening breeze, I reminded him to keep his and his friend's mouths shut and mind their fucking business.  In September, in New Hampshire, it's nicer outside than it is in Texas.  We get it.  But now his body is full of poison, glass, and my semen because neither of you listen very well.  Our planet is sick, and so is your friend.  

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9651e121dac222fdac699ca6d962b84f288c75e6ec120f4a06e3c04f139ee8ec.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

You spelled width wrong 

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

spacer.png