Blastfurnace 2019 Thread: The Saga Continues

Trey3216

Got it. We cant have a thread that discusses how hot it has been. I go out in the heat everyday and was born and raised in Austin. I enjoy the heat and haven't bitched once about the heat. I have bitched about dumb mother fuckers stumbling into a thread totally unrelated to them and posting about shit nobody cares about.

• Like 1

It's because we are getting older.  We need some place to bitch about the heat, plus this shit is not as fun now as it was 10 years ago.  

Even less so with kids, where you get to play "get them out early in the morning, then find something for them to do for 7 hours, until the evening kicks in."

Thankfully my oldest is now at school, but I still have one I get to play that game with.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's because we are getting older.  We need some place to bitch about the heat, plus this shit is not as un now as it was 10 years ago.  

Even less so with kids, where you get to play "get them out early in the morning, then find something for them to do for 7 hours, until the evening kicks in."

Thankfully my oldest is now at school, but I still have one I get to play that game with.

Hopefully we won't be able to say that in 2021 or we're in big trouble.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Seems like temperature Leif has been on the back end of the ten day forecast in Austin for the last week or so. Keps getting pushed back...Though I guess 99-100 is technically relief from 103-105.

Same boat near Waco... “high today of 98”. 

Yeah, it was 103 again.  3 straight weeks of 100-106 is an ass whipping 

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Seems like temperature Leif has been on the back end of the ten day forecast in Austin for the last week or so. Keps getting pushed back...Though I guess 99-100 is technically relief from 103-105.

Yeah it was supposed to happen last weekend also.

Heard on KXAN this morning that today will be our 24th triple digit temperature day this year.

Since records were kept Austin averages 14 triple digit days per year however.....since 1990 we average 24 days per year...but since 1998 we are averaging 34 days per year.

But don't worry because our governor says "its because it is summer". (NO CR)

32 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Heard on KXAN this morning that today will be our 24th triple digit temperature day this year.

Since records were kept Austin averages 14 triple digit days per year however.....since 1990 we average 24 days per year...but since 1998 we are averaging 34 days per year.

But don't worry because our governor says "its because it is summer". (NO CR)

Awesome day to walk into an office with a broken AC. Thanks Satan. 

33 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

But 15 day shows a few hot (not hottest) days for the weekend, a hot (but not hottest) week to follow, then a snap into the low 90's by next weekend.

August, in other words.

But yesterday it was showing 88 and what not for next weekend, now showing 93  

14 hours ago, Updawg said:

Left Austin for upstate New York today. Everything is green with highs in the 70's, lows in the 50's. It's like I time travelled 3 months weather wise

Great place to hold a big outdoors rock concert in the summer. Someone should try that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

So is today the first day where the high will be below 100 since, when, late July? My app shows a downright frigid 93 degrees at what is typically around the hottest time of the day. 

No, it was < 100° about 3 days ago, snapping streak of 19 in a row (Austin Mabry).

On 8/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, HOOKEM4 said:

Can we band together and agree that we neg every post coming from these idiots that cannot read? The ones that keep posting weather reports from canada? 

Nobody cares what the weather is like in your winter wonderland shithole.

17 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

i dont think we touched 65 today. back up to the 70s the next week. I had goosebumps standing outside.

You know what to do boys.  It's your duty.  

• Like 1