Blastfurnace 2019 Thread: The Saga Continues

Trey3216

I was in the back yard this afternoon throwing the ball around when I briefly felt a nice cool breeze.  I thought maybe it was some kind of cosmic sign that a cool down was just around the corner and, just for an instant, I was taken back many years to the almost idyllic September midwestern afternoons I once knew. 

It was then of course that I realized my dog had just nudged the not-properly-shut back door open to take a shit.  As I headed back to the porch to close the door, admonishing him for letting all the cold air out, he just stared at me in his defecatory hunch, probably wondering what kind of dipshit plays catch in this kind of weather.  

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 10:35 AM, Lobo said:

Oh joy, heat index on Gameday is 106.  Autumnal Equinox on Monday shows another heat index approaching 105 degrees.

Nope, nothing wrong with our planet.  Nothing to see here.  

Give me a solution outside of taxing first world countries and transferring the proceeds to third world shitholes so their leaders can steal it.  Because that won’t do a fucking thing but make us poorer.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Give me a solution outside of taxing first world countries and transferring the proceeds to third world shitholes so their leaders can steal it.  Because that won’t do a fucking thing but make us poorer.  

Yeah I'm sure giving up and doing nothing is the better solution.

Also I hate when we look at individual weather patterns or storms and blame it on global warming. That's as bad as the deniers saying it isn't real because there's snow on the ground.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah I'm sure giving up and doing nothing is the better solution.

Also I hate when we look at individual weather patterns or storms and blame it on global warming. That's as bad as the deniers saying it isn't real because there's snow on the ground.

Well, doing something that makes us poorer and props up shitty third world leaders while not doing shit to curb climate change is actually a lot worse than doing nothing.  

Y’all I can’t take this anymore.

37e4c283953b87354f67dea01612f2e8.jpg
614e42168ac7a8714e992789e6382a01.jpg

Clean into fucking October with over 90 degrees and no sign of rain.

I’m not going to get into the climate science stuff because this isn’t the place but gotdamn I swear the older I get the more heat intolerant I get.

I went with my daughter to tour Auburn (don’t get me started, I’m in mourning) and they gave us handheld fans.

I walked around that campus like an 87 year old woman in a church with no air conditioning and didn’t give one single fuck.

If it doesn’t cool down soon y’all are going to read about some lady in Alabama who had a come apart in public.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all I can’t take this anymore.

37e4c283953b87354f67dea01612f2e8.jpg
614e42168ac7a8714e992789e6382a01.jpg

Clean into fucking October with over 90 degrees and no sign of rain.

I’m not going to get into the climate science stuff because this isn’t the place but gotdamn I swear the older I get the more heat intolerant I get.

I went with my daughter to tour Auburn (don’t get me started, I’m in mourning) and they gave us handheld fans.

I walked around that campus like an 87 year old woman in a church with no air conditioning and didn’t give one single fuck.

If it doesn’t cool down soon y’all are going to read about some lady in Alabama who had a come apart in public.

Where are the pics from the campus tour? 

cosmo kramer chaos GIF

• Like 1

Did you get kicked in the head, or have some sort of cyst in your brain, or have some sort of CTE?
Seems like ever since you started working on that COA Bond board/committee you've turned into a prodigious cunt.

I typically try to avoid personal attacks, but swear I’ve had the same thought about our dear lobo. It’s like he had a stroke or something, some of his posts could easily be mistaken for phlegm talk.
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, bluto said:

I typically try to avoid personal attacks, but swear I’ve had the same thought about our dear lobo. It’s like he had a stroke or something, some of his posts could easily be mistaken for phlegm talk.

Well now I’m insulted, comparing me to phlegm.  This website is pretend-Land guys, I’m okay.    Thank you for your concern, veiled in insults to the mentally ill. 

in weather news, hot and shitty  with a high chance of hot and shitty tomorrow.  

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Well now I’m insulted, comparing me to phlegm.  This website is pretend-Land guys, I’m okay.    Thank you for your concern, veiled in insults to the mentally ill. 

in weather news, hot and shitty  with a high chance of hot and shitty tomorrow.  

• Like 1

2019 thread is playing out almost exactly like last year's. Looks like we have about 2 more weeks of bitching until we get some relief.

On the bright side, we may not have to wait all the way until mid-October for first cooldown like last year. 

First cold front?

It’s not coming this week. However, there are indications in the global models of a pattern shift by around the weekend of October 5th that should usher in the region’s first front. Based upon the historical information in the chart above, that would be awfully late for Houston. But right now we don’t see much evidence for a front much before then—sorry.

https://spacecityweather.com/fall-begins-where-the-heck-is-houstons-first-cool-front/

6 things to know about this September’s heat

David Yeomans
9 hours ago
Capture-14.jpg?w=900

AUSTIN (KXAN) — As we welcome the first day of fall Monday, Sept. 23, we still do not have any cooler weather in sight. Here are some quick facts to know about this unprecedented heat wave at Camp Mabry.

1. This has been the hottest September on record, with hourly temperatures averaging 88°
  2. This September has been hotter than July (July 2019 average: 86.5°)
  3. Daily high temperatures this month have averaged 100.3°
  4. We have seen more 100° days this September than ever before (17 days. The previous record was 14 in 2011)
  5. We have recorded 55 100° days this year, the 5th most on record
  6. Typically, the first strong cold front of the season comes September 20-21. We will have to wait much longer this year.

5 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

The only good thing about September is football.

Change my mind.

Nevertheless, freshmen on west campus, west mall,  every September with short shorts/skirts or summer gear in general.  I member those days/weeks before they started to bundle up in late october/november.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zork said:

Nevertheless, freshmen on west campus, west mall,  every September with short shorts/skirts or summer gear in general.  I member those days/weeks before they started to bundle up in late october/november.

Yup, and the sun-tanning on Jester Beach.  It was more prevalent in the Spring than Fall, but there were still a few that wanted to hold on to that last bit of Summer throughout September.  

Actual air temp today is supposed to touch 100.  Looks like Sunday is the next time we won't have a heat index of 100 or above.  Sweet.  

Some good news though is ACL weekend will be the first days I can remember that won't get over 90.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.  

7 hours ago, Lobo said:

Actual air temp today is supposed to touch 100.  Looks like Sunday is the next time we won't have a heat index of 100 or above.  Sweet.  

Some good news though is ACL weekend will be the first days I can remember that won't get over 90.  So we got that going for us, which is nice.  

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

spacer.png

It's official, this year was the second hottest summer on record for Austin:

1. 2011
  2. 2019
  3. 2009
  4. 2013
  5. 2018

Our five hottest have all occurred in the last 10 years. Shit ain't right.

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/tx/austin/news/2019/09/24/summer-2019---second-hottest-in-austin-history

July 2019 was the 19th warmest on record, with temperatures running 1.5 degrees above normal in the Capital City.

August 2019 ended up being the second hottest month ever behind August 2011, with temperatures running a full 4.1 degrees above average. The hottest temperatures of the year: 105 on 8/9, 8/12 and 8/13.

The heat streak continued into the month of September with an average of 87.5 degrees by the Autumnal Equinox, the end of astronomical (or calendar) summer.

As of September 24:.

• Nine record hot September days so far
  • Warmest September ever in Austin (average high 100.3)
  • 18 triple digit days this month, the most in any September
  • in fifth pace for most 100 degree days in any year (56 in metro)

So, when will the heat finally back off? We've blown right past the 10 year average final 100+ day, which is September 3. 

Last year, the last 100+ day was September 1.

The latest hundred degree day ever? October 2, 1938.

Local weather records go back to 1897.