Blastfurnace 2019 Thread: The Saga Continues

Trey3216

On 9/28/2019 at 8:07 AM, Biff Tannen said:

Welp, I'm heading out to Colorado Bend for some backpacking.  High of 94.  Sharing the tent with two dogs.  97% humidity in the morning.  Gonna be great.

Aaaaand we said fuck that.  Drove out and hiked in the afternoon but it was 98 at 5pm and I wasn't about to sleep in a tent with wet dogs in 90+ temps and 90+ humidity.  The AC at home was quite nice.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 10:08 AM, HoustonFrog said:

10 day forecasted shifted to show higher temperatures for Houston. Not sure how they continue to get this wrong

I think they have to be basing the cool downs on historical numbers, but the condition's just aren't coming together.

American and European models are finally in agreement that a cold front will move through Texas at the beginning of nest week. They are not in alignment as to how strong the front will be, but temps range from daytime high of upper 70’s to lower 80’s and nighttime lows of upper 40’s to lower 60’s. At any rate, enjoy this last hot weekend.

f62db41c58bf01ac30fa87c50243dd6f.jpg

0545bc68b98bab4b2e5b7a242eb6555c.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hate said:

American and European models are finally in agreement that a cold front will move through Texas at the beginning of nest week. They are not in alignment as to how strong the front will be, but temps range from daytime high of upper 70’s to lower 80’s and nighttime lows of upper 40’s to lower 60’s. At any rate, enjoy this last hot weekend.

Pretty sure those same models have predicted this for the last two weeks and neither happened.

I would not hold my breath on this one either.

Yep- noticed this morning the forecast revised higher for Houston. Was showing high 70s on Tuesday and then staying below 85 into the foreseeable future. Now showing 81 and then spiking back up to high 80s.

Assume will end up being high 80s on Tuesday for the “front” and back into 90s after that

Okay.gif

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I feel so bad for some of you hunters who can't break out your more technical jackets for this, the onslaught of Autumn.  You are truly in the struggle.  And so brave for enduring these elements.  

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I walked out my front door this morning and my immediate words were, "this is bullshit".

Yep.  77 and 98% humidity here this morning.  Absolute ass-whipping on the daily dog walk.  Saw a facebook meme that said "It's a beautiful July 94th this morning"  

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

I walked out my front door this morning and my immediate words were, "this is bullshit".

I really like walking out of the gym in the morning, and my sunglasses immediately fog up and I start sweating worse than I was on the treadmill. Then I go home and shower and it takes half an hour to feel dry afterwards.