Blastfurnace 2019 Thread: The Saga Continues

Trey3216

26 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah...100 miles south, not the case.  102 and continuing upward right now.  2 mph wind.  Getting more humid.  112 heat index  

The high will go back to 99....

on Tuesday

Average high on 8/14 is 96.7 and by Saturday 8/24 it's 95.7 so let's hope we can make it to the start of CFB in 10 days.

Edited by SimonBolivar

18 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it can keep this up, it's helping to make my case to move to New England.  I can deal with their "heatwave" in the 80s.

move to coastal cali instead (I'm assuming you're loaded like the rest of us).  With NE living, you'll just end up moving all your bitching over to the winter thread for 6 months.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

So is this week the last week of 100s? Seem like I see 98s popping up on the horizon 

I realize it will still be hot as shit. 

You can start looking for relief in the middle to end of September as long these highs keep staying parked over us with no rain.

21 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

There’s some weirdo on nextdoor that keeps posting daily heat advisory notices. 

I’m assuming they’re a California transplant as the heat advisory for Austin in August daily falls into the “no shit Sherlock category”

That along with the daily, "OMG this person was walking their dog in this heat!!@#@!!", postings.  

5 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

Do phone chargers up there not operate above 90?

It's the cold.  It'll do that to a phone.  Or to reference a scientific article: Cold weather “increases the internal resistance and diminishes the capacity” of a Li-ion battery.  PdM needs to keep his phone in his coat pocket.

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

It's the cold.  It'll do that to a phone.  Or to reference a scientific article: Cold weather “increases the internal resistance and diminishes the capacity” of a Li-ion battery.  PdM needs to keep his phone in his coat pocket.

Could also be that I spend most of my day reading surly on my phone.  One mid day charge is sufficient. 

23 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Heat index over 100 all week in Atlanta. Last power bill had a comma in it. Brutal.

How does that happen? Do you live in a tent? Heat index here has probably been a good ten degrees higher and our house is 50 years old with lots of inefficiencies,  yet our power bill rarely gets above $175 in the summer.

10 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Looks like a weak cold front is expected to hit late next week and knock highs (lows) down into the lower 90s (70s).  I base this on weather.com temperatures and wind directions. Could be wrong though.  I do have a PhD, just not in internet weather.  

I wouldn't be tempting fate just yet  

1 minute ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Can we band together and agree that we neg every post coming from these idiots that cannot read? The ones that keep posting weather reports from canada? 

Nobody cares what the weather is like in your winter wonderland shithole.

agreed.  Neg cannon at the ready.