Blastfurnace 2019 Thread: The Saga Continues

Trey3216

You know what?...you're right.  That shoulda been our first clue.  SkyNet went back, and before they even sent T-models to sweep and kill...they installed super-durable chain-link fence so they could livestock the survivors in after the initial attacks.  Holy shit...that was the first clue.  That's how we know this is either a simulation or a self-aware AI entity about to enslave us---the fencing.  Flesh melts away, bones start to turn to dust...fucking fence just sways a couple inches to and fro. 

Some new shit has come to light!

Suddenly, for a brief time anyway, temps are going to go down and chances of rain a bit up!

Where the fuck did this come from?

Well this high that parked its hot, flaming fart-ass on us decided prematurely to leave a few days early.  It's been more west all summer and is going back out there for a few days.  In that wake we're going to see temps slowly go down each day, peaking at Sunday's mid-90's with a better than average chance of rain.  This is also going to allow another front to come in for a day or two.  Two "cold" fronts making it though Austin within 3 weeks of each other, in the heart of the summer?  That just ain't done 'round here at this time!

Temps will be near or at 100° tomorrow, then Sat. high 90's, Sunday mid 90's!  Monday will be a bit warmer (like Saturday) and then Blistering Summer returns by mid-next week.  Overnight temps won't be as damn-nice cool as they were 2 weeks ago, because it's more humid, but it should be a sort of okay break.

Rain chances aren't great (as typical for August) but Saturday should see some widespread showers with the front coming in.

It all turns back into a (fucking hot) pumpkin by next week, but enjoy the short foray into not-insane-heatedness - not much, but better than the alternative.  Again, at this time of year?  Fuck yes.

I love this hot and dry weather pattern.   It  will keep the Gulf quiet and if we can get another 8 weeks that would be great.  Plus it keeps the humidity levels down here somewhat bearable compared to when we are stuck in wet pattern.  

It won't mess with  football as high schools and colleges start ramping up their summer drills.   

I save time having to wash my car and I can stretch out time between lawn mowings as my grass goes crazy with rain water vs the city water.  

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I love this hot and dry weather pattern.   It  will keep the Gulf quiet and if we can get another 8 weeks that would be great.  Plus it keeps the humidity levels down here somewhat bearable compared to when we are stuck in wet pattern.  

It won't mess with  football as high schools and colleges start ramping up their summer drills.   

I save time having to wash my car and I can stretch out time between lawn mowings as my grass goes crazy with rain water vs the city water.  

Image result for everything that guy said is bullshit gif

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Yeah we've been fortunate this summer so I can't complain too much about this week. I just like marking the day when the tide turns.

Yep. I'll take this summer every year.  We've got 6 or 7 more weeks and I feel like I can manage it.  

Ill check back on Friday completely defeated most likely 

3 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Yep. I'll take this summer every year.  We've got 6 or 7 more weeks and I feel like I can manage it.  

Ill check back on Friday completely defeated most likely 

Yeah, we had already had a 114 degree day by this time last year. I dont believe we've come close to 105 this year.

Edited by SimonBolivar

22 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

How in the hell is my AC bill only $80? They have got to be reading the wrong meter because my unit never stops running. 

How old is your house?  Most modern houses are quite efficient.  Our AC runs quite a bit, but our bills are low.  

Next bill will be $300. AE did me dirty on that shit once. Wife pays the electric bill and didn't say shit when we got a $60 bill for July (hint, it is ALWAYS $300+ this time of year). They fucked up the reading somehow and so when they read it for the next month magically we used almost 2x the amount of electricity. Fun little scam they got going there.

Edited by HOOKEM4
fuck ou

26 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I am in a 30 year old apartment, which doesn't get any direct sunlight, so that must be it. 

Shade makes a huge difference. My house is all electric and pretty much surrounded by big oaks. A/C bill is about 1/2 of the heating bill in winter.

31 minutes ago, Updawg said:

About to mow the yard. Zero fucking breeze. I don't mind it if there is a breeze but this is like an oven. Thought about paying a kid but fuck it, a couple of cold beers will get me through it

Rest in peace.

This. Summer really hasn't been too bad. I mowed and it wasn't bad.

I agree. I mean a few weeks ago we had record lows across most of the state. Only in the last week or two has the heat turned up a few degrees and dried out. Being on the coast if we can stay in the same weather pattern for another month, we should escape another hurricane season. Dry and hot is good this time of year. Wet and humid means the upper air patterns are influenced by the Gulf which means we have to be more on guard.

August really is the pits. Football anticipation is at 11 and is all I can think about, it’s hot as fuck, pool is hot, car seat is hot, everything is hot, I only want to eat chilled salads or ice cubes, and I’m one capacitor failure away from a murder-suicide situation.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

August really is the pits. Football anticipation is at 11 and is all I can think about, it’s hot as fuck, pool is hot, car seat is hot, everything is hot, I only want to eat chilled salads or ice cubes, and I’m one capacitor failure away from a murder-suicide situation.

Username definitely does NOT check out.