Le' Veon Bell needs to choose better girlfriends

Dennis Taylor

as two of them allegedly steal over $500K in jewelry from him. 

The Jets running back returned to his Florida home from the gym last month to find over half a million dollars in jewelry missing, and two unidentified female acquaintances gone. The women were described in a police report as his “girlfriends,” according to the Associated Press on Wednesday.

Bell, 27, said he discovered his closet in disarray and all his jewelry gone, per the report. That included a diamond-encrusted “Black Panther” pendant, two gold chains with diamonds and a Rolex watch.

The haul was said to be worth over $520,000. Police in Hollywood, Fla., located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, are investigating.

Bell said on social media last month that “when it’s time to play football,” he would show up in a Jets uniform, but that he wanted to “stick to the formula that I know works best for me to be the best player I can be.”

That meant that by the time he took a few handoffs Tuesday at the Jets’ facility in Florham Park, N.J., it had been a very long time since anyone had seen him on an NFL practice field. That last occurred in the days leading up the Steelers’ home playoff loss to the Jaguars on Jan. 14, 2018.

The following offseason saw Bell enter into a protracted contract standoff with Pittsburgh, and when the two sides failed to agree on a multiyear pact, the Steelers placed the franchise tag on the three-time Pro Bowler. However, Bell refused to sign his one-year, $14.55 million offer, and he sat out the entire 2018 season rather than risk getting injured and losing a bigger guaranteed amount in free agency.

That payday arrived in March, when Bell agreed with the Jets on a four-year, $52.5 million deal, including a reported $35 million in guaranteed money. However, New York had to wait almost two more months to see him in action.

Edited by Dennis Taylor

On 6/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, housious said:

Men shouldn’t own jewelry, outside of a wedding ring and maybe a watch.

He deserves this.

I don’t know... I think I’d rather lose half a mil in other jewelry than own a wedding band. 

1 minute ago, Your Mom said:

I think I’d rather lose half a mil in other jewelry than own a wedding band. 

What's the difference? 

There, see. I made the shitty joke. No one else needs to now. Back to your drinks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I have a foolproof method for not getting half a mil worth of jewelry stolen.  Y'all ready?  It's called not owning half a mil worth of jewelry.  

How would your boyz know how legit you were?

On 6/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, housious said:

Men shouldn’t own jewelry, outside of a wedding ring and maybe a watch.

He deserves this.

it's interesting to me how all of shaggy's rules about what "men" shouldn't wear essentially translates into "don't dress like a black guy." over the years here (and obviously the old site) i've heard all of the rants about what grown men should never wear: jerseys, jean shorts, cologne, and jewelry. whether it's subconscious or not, there are definitely some racial undertones to shaggy's "rules about male fashion".  

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

it's interesting to me how all of shaggy's rules about what "men" shouldn't wear essentially translates into "don't dress like a black guy." over the years here (and obviously the old site) i've heard all of the rants about what grown men should never wear: jerseys, jean shorts, cologne, and jewelry. whether it's subconscious or not, there are definitely some racial undertones to shaggy's "rules about male fashion".  

This translates into the "Regular Guy look".

Edited by SA-KC_Horn

1 hour ago, Goo Punch said:

Nope. It is dressing your age.