Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

I've had worse against me and that person still posts here. So that is not ban worthy.  I am not sure what is ban worthy but that bar is very high apparently. 

Given your posts over the last 24 hours you are the last person who should be posting about victimhood.

Also why are you posting in that thread?
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I've had worse against me and that person still posts here. So that is not ban worthy.  I am not sure what is ban worthy but that bar is very high apparently. 

Boo hoo listen this this poor lil soy boy

Also, Texas666 is really shitting all over the mueller thread

• Like 1

I have had the same reaction to your drivel.  Then you follow me out of the CR to stalk me here like a few other of the collective. Y'all are a weird lot. 

That’s cute. I’m just perusing my “participated” threads and you seem to keep shitting in them ahead of me. Pure coincidence I assure you.

22 hours ago, troph said:

I dunno I thought clear trolling was off limits. It actually makes the board worse for everyone. I’m not a snowflake contrary to what some of y’all think. I didn’t curl up in a ball and start crying and I didn’t even chuckle. But his schtick is transparent, he wants to goat a few folks here and he’ll do so with name calling. That’s got no redeeming value at all.

Goad, but point remains 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm really thinking about just putting auto-mod in place for some of this stuff.

3 reports and auto-ban for the stated triggers above, but just to reiterate:

1. Wishing death on a poster or public figure
  2. Suggesting suicide to other posters or potential readers
  3. Hateful slurs
  4. Bringing up shit from non-public areas/threads on the board in public areas/threads

Poster following/harassment is really hard, but as long as you report it generally it gets dealt with in warnings/DM if not I think we should all come up with valid criteria for a break if someone.

Trolling in CR is impossible to moderate we aren't going to even explore doing it, Trolling in recruiting/football/sports is actually pretty straightforward to moderate without the need for auto-mod. Open to suggestions though.

And doxxing someone should be an immediate banhammer.  

On 3/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, immamac said:

I'm really thinking about just putting auto-mod in place for some of this stuff.

3 reports and auto-ban for the stated triggers above, but just to reiterate:

1. Wishing death on a poster or public figure
  2. Suggesting suicide to other posters or potential readers
  3. Hateful slurs
  4. Bringing up shit from non-public areas/threads on the board in public areas/threads

Poster following/harassment is really hard, but as long as you report it generally it gets dealt with in warnings/DM if not I think we should all come up with valid criteria for a break if someone.

Trolling in CR is impossible to moderate we aren't going to even explore doing it, Trolling in recruiting/football/sports is actually pretty straightforward to moderate without the need for auto-mod. Open to suggestions though.

with the exception of obvious ADHD type trolls, which I just banned one. 

honestly, i do not know how CR posters keep up with CR threads. you have to understand, there's no actual way for us to read every single post, especially when a thread goes off the rails.

report the posts, i urge all of yall, and we can probably rein in the most divisive trolls. if you merely report someone you don't like or with whom you disagree, that will not be helpful.

honestly, i do not know how CR posters keep up with CR threads. you have to understand, there's no actual way for us to read every single post, especially when a thread goes off the rails.
report the posts, i urge all of yall, and we can probably rein in the most divisive trolls. if you merely report someone you don't like or with whom you disagree, that will not be helpful.

Reported.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

You sure seem to step in when it meets your political leanings litmus test.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You sure seem to step in when it meets your political leanings litmus test.

yall specifically asked for an IP check on those two dudes, which i did. it indicated that they are not only primarily in different locales, they are in entirely different states with the majority of their posts on a single IP. this is actually quite uncommon, given the mobility of surly on tapa or just on a mobile browser.

they are two different dudes. i understand you're stung because you're wrong, but if i had found out they were the same dude, i would have come down on them instead of you. they passed your litmus test. grow up and get the fuck over it.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yall specifically asked for an IP check on those two dudes, which i did. it indicated that they are not only primarily in different locales, they are in entirely different states with the majority of their posts on a single IP. this is actually quite uncommon, given the mobility of surly on tapa or just on a mobile browser.

they are two different dudes. i understand you're stung because you're wrong, but if i had found out they were the same dude, i would have come down on them instead of you. they passed your litmus test. grow up and get the fuck over it.

I'm not stung about being wrong on an internet web site. My skin is thicker than that. 

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Just wondered, might blow minds but.. is Hayden Derka or Derka Hayden?  Both absolutely hate capitalizing the first word of a sentence....hmmmmmm.

Edited by SHOOTER12

I don't understand why y'all are even trying to moderate it.  You can't moderate a shitshow.

Sure you can. Containment begets moderation. Moderation begets containment.

3 day music festival PortAJohn vis-a-vis Bucee’s.

Moderate and contain the worst of it and worst offenders will moderate and contain themselves.
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

Oh there are certain posters who absolutely keeps tabs.

it's uncanny as fuck.

You have to wade through infested shitpools to get there but some of the posters and some of what is shared and debated is pretty high quality. Across party lines no but within each side yes. I’ve used the CR for a couple of decades to refine my thinking on a number of topics.

8 hours ago, troph said:

You have to wade through infested shitpools to get there but some of the posters and some of what is shared and debated is pretty high quality. Across party lines no but within each side yes. I’ve used the CR for a couple of decades to refine my thinking on a number of topics.

This. But I haven't decided if that juice is worth the squeezing.

9 hours ago, immamac said:

I don't understand why a bunch of miserable cunts come here to fight about politics. It's a sports and bullshit message board not a fucking political board. Maybe I should just make another site called surlypolitics and just import cloakroom there and banish all of them to that site and leave it completely unmoderated. 

It's fun.

BTW, why did the Smollett thread get the axe?

9 hours ago, immamac said:

I don't understand why a bunch of miserable cunts come here to fight about politics. It's a sports and bullshit message board not a fucking political board. Maybe I should just make another site called surlypolitics and just import cloakroom there and banish all of them to that site and leave it completely unmoderated. 

Don't you often post in the CR? Like, actual opinions and questions. 

Take a lap. 

41 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Don't you often post in the CR? Like, actual opinions and questions. 

Take a lap. 

I don't currently - the reason my post count in there is probably inflated is to tell people to get back on topic. I went through a phase that I thought participating would keep me more in tune with what was going on in there, but that lasted less than 2 weeks because it's obviously a lost cause. 

45 minutes ago, Zavala said:

It's fun.

BTW, why did the Smollett thread get the axe?

I actually only meant to delete posts from the trolls in there, but hit delete thread on accident - I did go and read through it considering to undelete it which was going to be a pain in the ass and I just decided it was a garbage thread and not worth the effort saving. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

I actually only meant to delete posts from the trolls in there, but hit delete thread on accident - I did go and read through it considering to undelete it which was going to be a pain in the ass and I just decided it was a garbage thread and not worth the effort saving. 

tfw GIF

51 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

like I said, just delete it and give the worst posters on the site a reason to leave

They won't leave, they will contaminate the rest of the board.  I have always said if you post in the CR your posting privileges should be limited in other forums.  They are a cancer.

• Haha 1

Where can someone go to talk politics online in a semi-anonymous forum with the localization advantage of Surly?  Texags? Lol

Have you seen the competition? Outside of the national boards there’s not much there.  The online college sports team forums have large audiences to draw opinions and interactions.  Moreover, there is a political angle to nearly everything, especially in sports. 

Is there a Texas political talk forum that can hang with the CR?  I haven’t seen one. 

Yes the CR is a cesspool, it’s messy and ugly at times but such is the nature of political discussions in a free and open society.  

You gotta cherish it.

6B286A07-FE2E-48A9-AFBA-15B080272CD1_zps

• Fuck You 1