Who's going to be the first one banned from Surly?

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

who cares? to immamac's point, "it's a sports and bullshit message board"

My point was the CR is something of value. It doesn’t have much of an equal in the online marketplace and it can’t easily be replicated. 

It might not be valuable to you or immamac, and that’s fine.  However, it’s safe to say the traffic of this forum would suffer if CR didn’t exist, not that anyone should care about that. 

Yeah CR is a cesspool, so is politics in general...  As long as you can refrain form getting really personal (and some can't), it's fine. I hate talking politics with  friends or making comments on FB that are specific political comments because that place gets very very nasty.  

CR is kindergarten to some of the stuff I've seen on FB, and from people I've known for years.

• Like 1

You have to wade through infested shitpools to get there but some of the posters and some of what is shared and debated is pretty high quality. Across party lines no but within each side yes. I’ve used the CR for a couple of decades to refine my thinking on a number of topics.

When you look at all 20 threads in the political forum, not one, not even one, is on a topic of finding common ground between democrats and republicans, or liberals and conservatives. Every thread devolves into tossing insults at the other party. It’s really scary. This is what’s happened to our country. And the people in that forum are relatively well educated. We are effed.
  • Like 3

When you look at all 20 threads in the political forum, not one, not even one, is on a topic of finding common ground between democrats and republicans, or liberals and conservatives. Every thread devolves into tossing insults at the other party. It’s really scary. This is what’s happened to our country. And the people in that forum are relatively well educated. We are effed.

Educated people are fucking assholes too.
  • Like 1

I don't understand why a bunch of miserable cunts come here to fight about politics. It's a sports and bullshit message board not a fucking political board. Maybe I should just make another site called surlypolitics and just import cloakroom there and banish all of them to that site and leave it completely unmoderated. 
Pretty please? With sugar on top? You could keep your traffic by doing that.

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, SDG said:
[mention=397]immamac[/mention] can you add a minimum post count for starting threads?  That unhenged dude has another sock starting multiple threads.....

Who?

They got removed.   

On 3/26/2019 at 11:21 PM, troph said:

You have to wade through infested shitpools to get there but some of the posters and some of what is shared and debated is pretty high quality. Across party lines no but within each side yes. I’ve used the CR for a couple of decades to refine my thinking on a number of topics.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit.gif

27 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Bulllllllshit Jones is retarding up the whole place

Yeah, @immamac, is it possible to IP ban that guy? He posted on a thread in the football forum and it’s obvious it’s the same guy that keeps coming back again and again in the CR-kiss, Texas666, he was 9/11isalie or something last night.

11 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah, @immamac, is it possible to IP ban that guy? He posted on a thread in the football forum and it’s obvious it’s the same guy that keeps coming back again and again in the CR-kiss, Texas666, he was 9/11isalie or something last night.

He was posting under at least four different usernames yesterday. He'd get banned, create a new account, and go right back to shitposting. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

changed it to minimum 20 rep, 20 posts, 7 days of membership

Even better, let people w/ tree fiddy club have the privilege of skipping rep, posts, and membership to open a new thread. And then ban them when they inevitably shit all over the board. Get paid, son

18 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

If he has a VPN, he can change his IP over and over again. I don't think an IP ban works unless immamac can get to his legit IP. He'd have to go all Swordfish on it.

And that is part of the sock issue . You can mask your IP address to hide multiple socks .  The whole IP address thing is a false flag excuse.