The Supremes

tx 3 putt

55 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I didn’t vote for Trump round 2 either.  

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952uxm37ito5d22btqwu3

55 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

So I’m also partially to blame for this country going to shit.  

Yes, this country has gone to shit in the last 3 years.  Totally gone to shit.  How's your 401K doing?  Wait, don't tell me.  I don't really want to know.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

See Fatty make apparent uninformed comment about the political leanings of prisoners:

image.thumb.png.00962463173565c556e7fa6433364df4.png

image.thumb.png.e01ac7122ed88c82763631ee3e8a8c43.png

See Fatty confirm his uninformed opinion that all criminals are Dems and all Dems are criminals.

image.thumb.png.cb5e9a8ffd5636653b4fb7b75ef4386d.png

See data brought to the discussion.

image.thumb.png.3f046369c0bdfe7dd21cbe8c147ce73e.png

See Fatty not bothering to click link and do math.

image.thumb.png.afbc3c6fdfdd5865f65cd33ae56ac5dc.png

See link text, more data, and quick math showing a rough, even split among Republicans, Democrats, and Independents. See Fatty being very wrong in his uninformed opinion that all criminals are Dems and all Dems are criminals.

Survey of 8,000 Prisoners’ Political Views Finds Surprising Results

The survey was inserted into The Marshall Project’s print publication, News Inside. It is distributed to more than 500 prisons and jails in the United States. The respondents racially identified themselves as: White 41%, Black 20%, Latino 14%, Native American 17%, Asian or other races 19%, and 8% did not provide information. Because respondents could choose more than one race, the total percentage exceeds 100%. Among the respondents, 57% said they had never cast a vote.

image.png.c696e16c64516658115638a5164c776e.png

• Hook 'Em 8

Big news out of the Supreme Court this morning. Lindke v. Freed is out.

A public official who prevents someone from commenting on the official’s social-media page engages in state action under §1983 only if the official both (1) possessed actual authority to speak on the State’s behalf on a particular matter, and (2) purported to exercise that authority when speaking in the relevant social-media posts

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-611_ap6c.pdf

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Big news out of the Supreme Court this morning. Lindke v. Freed is out.

A public official who prevents someone from commenting on the official’s social-media page engages in state action under §1983 only if the official both (1) possessed actual authority to speak on the State’s behalf on a particular matter, and (2) purported to exercise that authority when speaking in the relevant social-media posts

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/23pdf/22-611_ap6c.pdf

Interesting opinion, I don't think I have any major issue with it.  By the way, this is the type of relatively ordinary, down-the-middle shit that MOST federal courts need to deal with on a regular basis.  Yes, this one has a bit of an interesting angle because the First Amendment is always interesting, but it's an honest academic discussion and consideration.  The courts should stick to that, instead of participating in and facilitating an attempt to overthrown the fucking government or to impose a christofascist police state.  Just a suggestion from old Brisket here.

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The courts should stick to that, instead of participating in and facilitating an attempt to overthrown the fucking government or to impose a christofascist police state.  Just a suggestion from old Brisket here.

Best I can do is Gilead

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Supreme Court hearing cases from the 5th Circuit, on events that never happened. The judiciary is one huge banana court ….

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/03/supreme-court-conservatives-5th-circuit-dumb-case.html

It's not mentioned in that article and scarcely mentioned in other coverage, but much of the behavior they're bitching about in this case was during the Trump administration. They're basically just pretending that it was evil Biden looking to stifle conservative speech. 

Oh, great. The Supreme Court just said that all the steroid Barney Fife’s in Texas can arrest illegal aliens for looking like Messicans.   All you Hispanic people prepare to have your IDs ready at all times before the shit stain LEOs run you in for being brown. 

Sorry, but I’m having a hard time not hating all things Texas for allowing that asshole Abbott to pass those laws. Texas wins the award for the absolute worst Cabal of elected officials of any state in the country.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 7

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I almost hope they do start hassling brown and Latino citizens in Texas to sway those who continue to vote in support of these assholes. Not really, but kinda?

they will continue voting R as the Leopard is digesting the cartilage from their ears

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I almost hope they do start hassling brown and Latino citizens in Texas to sway those who continue to vote in support of these assholes. Not really, but kinda?

Latinos for Trump giving strong Leopards Eating Faces Party

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It's not mentioned in that article and scarcely mentioned in other coverage, but much of the behavior they're bitching about in this case was during the Trump administration. They're basically just pretending that it was evil Biden looking to stifle conservative speech. 

A shit load of the cases were from Ken Paxton getting injunctions against the federal government doing its job.

54 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Latinos for Trump giving strong Leopards Eating Faces Party

You know what, fuck those Latinos para Trump. 

Reap, sow.  Consequences of my own actions.  Let the leopards eat.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

The right has deluded itself for decades. It’s what they do and why they continue to believe Republicans are fiscally responsible and that the media is leftist.

It's the SCOTUS version of Trump's firehose of bullshit. If ALL of their decisions are horrendous affronts to the very concept of a rule of law, then nobody will be able to actually get mad about any one particular decision. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Uvalde says what's up

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Biden should pardon and release a violent US citizen federal criminal from Texas-based facilities for each person Texas arrests under this law. You know, to even things out.

I still say he should pardon El Chapo and drop him off at Mar a Lago. 

35 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I still say he should pardon El Chapo and drop him off at Mar a Lago. 

Shit, orange man would make a deal and pay off his debt. I say about 30 Haitian gang members should land on the beach and take up residence.

4 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've started compiling a list of people who weren't born in Texas that should be rounded up and deported immediately...preferably to a very rough part of Ciudad Juarez. 

I really wanted to make a snarky addendum to your list, but both David Pierce and Rodney Terry were born in Texas.

• Rage+1 2

13 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So does this mean Greg sends the National Guard into Mexico for round 2 of Texas v Mexico?

This is literally the reason we have a supremacy clause in the US constitution. Gerg and Kpax are doing some historically significant ratfucking here, and we've been so abused by the rise of trumpism that we're socially numb to it. 

A state should not be driving foreign policy decisions with a major trade partner, and ESPECIALLY should not be bucking to start a brushfire war. 

But since we're so wrapped up in taking THREE MOTHERFUCKING GODDAMN TITTYFUCKING YEARS to start getting trump into court for his directed insurrection on Jan6, there's no oxygen left to consider any other fuckery that's being perpetrated 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

15 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So does this mean Greg sends the National Guard into Mexico for round 2 of Texas v Mexico?

The bill requires that all brown people arrested under its provisions must be dumped into Mexico, even if they are not Mexican and have never been to Mexico. 
Texas voters are the stupidest sons a bitches on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Texas economy would be fantastic if they deported every single illegal immigrant.

I find it beyond stupefying that millions of Texas actually like such a loathsome prick.

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump will never pick Kenny Wayne Paxton or Hot Wheels to be his running mate, no matter how hard they try.

my theory - hot wheels is the only R gov with the war chest to make a WH run if trump gets torpedoed (and he knows it). He’s going all out to be ultra maga. He’ll promise trump a full pardon to get his endorsement 

• Hook 'Em 2