$3 million to never watch the Horns again

ztejas

$3 million to never watch the Horns again   

177 members have voted

1. 1. Would you take 3 million shmeckles if it meant you could never again watch Longhorns football

• Yes
    • No
    • I'd need more money
    • Fuck ztejas

I mean if this was actually able to come to fruition i think i would have to say yes...it would suck but i would think you still could be a fan and keep up with scores and stats

Does it count if the game just happens to be on at the bar with the sound on?

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I followed the Longhorns through box scores and articles in the newspaper for years.   I am confident I could follow them on the internet with $3 million in the bank.  

This is a great answer. Making me rethink my answer.

2 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

I'm probably saying yes either way, but I'd like to know if I have to pay taxes on this $3mm before I commit to my final answer

No just $3M straight. Wire to your checking account. 

No way I would do that lol

Real question, and forgive me if this has been covered in the 8 years since I joined the shaggy/surly community, are you one of those aggy that regrets going there and wishes you had gone to the greatest university in the world? If so, I will quit with the aggy jokes directed towards you. Maybe.

I don't wish anything, but I never really bought into the whole hate Texas thing outside of talking shit on gamedays. 

I'll tell you if I knew about the SEC move and the 2 fucktard presidents of the university who ruined it after Gates and my graduation I would have never gone there.

• Like 3

The answer is I would take the $3mil without hesitation no matter what, but there are a lot of follow up questions. Do I get to listen to Craig way live? Do I get to watch highlights? Can I watch Gamecast? Do I get to go back in time and not watch the last 10 years of longhorn football lol.

But that’s an easy yes no matter what. My family grew up poor, and I still have student loans out the ass, along with some other debt. If I could get rid of that stress and my parents could retire without having to worry about money for the rest of their life (they’re old) it would be worth it. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 1

Nope. Wouldn’t do it. Its a big thread in the fabric of my life. 

Yeah. My first reaction was "of course". But then I think about all the good times with good friends I've had watching games both live or at someone's house. Lots of great memories, and there would be no more. I'd probably be fine just tailgating home games and getting the social aspect of that. But my social group is mostly late 30s with kids now and away games are one of the few times we can get the band together still at someone's house, have a few beers and make fun of each other.

Plus giving up the ability to bring my son to DKR, watch games with him, etc. That's almost unfathomable for me. I can't imagine missing out on the experience of his first game. I remember mine. It was cold, rainy, and we lost to Rice. It was awesome.

I don't know. I'd probably still do it but it would really suck.

I'd need more money.  $3 million means I can retire now at 43, but it's not some massive lifestyle change.

$20 million would do it.  $5M house, $3M yacht, a couple $1M vacation homes, and $10M to invest?  Never work again and travel all the time for 40 years?  Yeah, I'll miss it, but I'll miss it from the French Riviera and Hawaii.  Sign me up.

3 hours ago, CoachTex said:

For 3 million? A definite maybe if and only if I could Craig way it and listen to the radio broadcast.

well done coach.  first with the answer.

1. Move to Papeete.  Check.

2. Buy nice place on the beach.  Check.

3. Stream Craig Way until i die.  Check.

4. Collect Three Million Dollars.  Check.

5. ????

6. Already profited.  Okay then.

When they are on tv I never watch them, and at the home games I can’t see them on the field because of all the fans standing in front of me (old blue hair thing, y’know)

So yeah. 

I’ll PM you my bank deposit info and expect a reply ASAP.

Edited by Armybrat

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

When they are on tv I never watch them, and at the home games I can’t see them on the field because of all the fans standing in front of me (old blue hair thing, y’know)

So yeah. 

I’ll PM you my bank deposit info and expect a reply ASAP.

Money’s coming from Nigeria via goat, so gotta give it a bit of time Brat.

Edited by Cajun