Jump to content

Urban Meyer or bust


BurntOrange&White

Recommended Posts

It’s all about Texas the brand.  Optics and revenue matter more than performance on the field.

A better game day experience to distract from the product on the field.

Keep the BMD’s happy and all is well.

We could be in the mix every year if that was important enough to be the goal.

Time to go find my ‘Fire Fred’ shirt from 1986.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

The "If Meyer doesn't return" is from a separate article he wrote earlier. Actually, so is the entire second half of the article which I think he just copy-pasted.

Chip Brown: If Meyer doesn't return to coaching, what's next for Texas?

 

Look people.....FCB knows squat.

 

Whether Urban is coming or not I have no clue.

 

But Thomas Herman III will not be the coach at the University of Texas.

 

The BMDs want him gone.  Sure it's easier to write the check with Meyer coming in....but none of them what Herman another year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This is the  CUM or bust thread. I am not joking in any way nor talking shit when I say, if it isn't Urban, I'm finished with Longhorn football. All are welcome to call me a shitty fan, but if our Athletic Department is too stupid or doesn't have enough fucks to give to find a coach that can make us competitive for the playoff year in and year out.... Well neither do I.

"WE" aren't fucked, because "I" am done, and frankly, so is Texas football. It's a fucking joke and really should be put down. Either way, I won't be watching if Urban isn't our coach.

LMAO you pansy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's hysterical that everyone believes that Chip Fucking Brown is breaking this story.  Herman LSU, 

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

image.thumb.png.61719c5dcc9843e6e7c049db9dcc12cf.png

 

It was really close............Unless you interview anyone from the LSU side who had any control over the process  

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Lojo Horn said:

It’s all about Texas the brand.  Optics and revenue matter more than performance on the field.

A better game day experience to distract from the product on the field.

Keep the BMD’s happy and all is well.

We could be in the mix every year if that was important enough to be the goal.

Time to go find my ‘Fire Fred’ shirt from 1986.

We are the Cowboys of CFB. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I think things are trending badly, but Brown's report said Meyer told Texas he's leaning toward no, and then the source quote said "if he's a no, then..." and continued.

So Brown is reporting that a source said that Meyer is leaning toward no, and then headlines it that it's over.

so_you're_telling_me_there's_a_chance.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

This is the  CUM or bust thread. I am not joking in any way nor talking shit when I say, if it isn't Urban, I'm finished with Longhorn football. All are welcome to call me a shitty fan, but if our Athletic Department is too stupid or doesn't have enough fucks to give to find a coach that can make us competitive for the playoff year in and year out.... Well neither do I.

"WE" aren't fucked, because "I" am done, and frankly, so is Texas football. It's a fucking joke and really should be put down. Either way, I won't be watching.

First of all, this. ^^^^

Secondly, how do we know that the source for Nahlin (and FCB probably just regurgitating what IT says) isn't somehow coming from TH's end, trying to throw a monkey wrench into things?  If the CDC and UM camps are maintaining silence then there isn't anything to counterbalance someone trying to put out adverse messages to stir things up.

Lastly, I haven't seen anyone say that Burton has posted anything negative yet.  Hasn't the consensus been that Burton is the one most closely tied into the AD, and that these other guys are relying on other outside sources?  If so, Burton's silence so far seems like it might be telling.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

It'll take more than Chip Brown for me to believe Urban isn't going to be our coach. Let's see what tomorrow brings with the press conference called, I still put the odds on an announcement that Herman is done.

Amen. I’m not going to melt down regardless of what happens, but I sure as shit am not going to let the ass clown who announced us to the PAC and Tom to LSU, among other idiotic declarations, ruin my night/week. Chip lives over his skis. He should be covering high school football in east Texas. The fact that he still has a career is laughable. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Name one splash hire we have made between Augie and CDC, and post CDC.  Mitigate against the shitshow that will be our ‘21 class because of our failure to act. 
Shaka was the hottest name in college basketball when we threw our money and prestige dick onto the table.

As was Tom Herman's dumb ass.

Just because "whoever we want' ends up being shitty chumps doesn't negate that we almost always get whoever we want.
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

It'll take more than Chip Brown for me to believe Urban isn't going to be our coach. Let's see what tomorrow brings with the press conference called, I still put the odds on an announcement that Herman is done.

I don’t think CDC will do it without an agreement with another coach.  The fire was pissed on and there’s no more smoke. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Herman et al massive buyout is going to be used as the excuse by our administration as to why Herman can't be fired lest we land Urban?  The same massive buyout that is a direct function of our athletic department's: a) needless contract extension in early 2019 and b) signoff of coach dipshit overpaying for shitty assistants not once, but twice? 

Cool. The problem with UT football is not Herman - he's the symptom of the problem.  

 

 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

CDC offered everything we had to give plus some. If it comes out that CDC did something wrong that pissed off Urban or scuttled the timing then yeah he needs to be on the block. I think this apparent “no” is all on Urban not having everything on his end, imo. 
 

If the “no” is real then CDC might as well pack his bags because Urban was the only coach that everyone was aligned on. It’ll  be a shit show that CDC won’t be able to control and the chances we find a good coach are almost out the window. 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...