closetohumping

Tom Brady’s future

Tom Brady’s future  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Where will he play?

• New england
    • Somewhere else

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lol at the idea that he will play for anyone but New England. Have you guys not been watching for the last 5 years? It's the same thing every time.

I mean I tend to agree.  But the friction between BB and Brady is very real.  BB doesn't want to hitch his wagon to an aging QB after making a career out of dumping guys a year early rather than a year late.  It's a large part of his coaching doctrine that no one man is above the team, and the season that Brady just had doesn't exactly instill confidence moving forward.  Brady just wants the appreciation that his GOAT career and numerous team-friendly contracts warrant.  Especially when BB rarely used the extra money to bolster the offense, and is utter shit at drafting offensive players.  He'll want some assurances that they'll do their best to find real weapons.

I expect Kraft will eventually step in and dictate that Tom Brady retires a New England Patriot, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

I wonder what BB thinks about letting Garrapalo go after last nights performance.  Very Un-Bradylike.  I've thought about it a bit, I'd be ok with Brady in Miami for a couple years, especially if it means a kid like Herbert gets to sit behind him and learn how to be an NFL qb during that time.

He’s been seen in Brentwood/Franklin TN (just south of Nashville) looking at Brentwood Academy and other private schools like MBA. 

Edited by JustBecause

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I mean I tend to agree.  But the friction between BB and Brady is very real.  BB doesn't want to hitch his wagon to an aging QB after making a career out of dumping guys a year early rather than a year late.  It's a large part of his coaching doctrine that no one man is above the team, and the season that Brady just had doesn't exactly instill confidence moving forward.  Brady just wants the appreciation that his GOAT career and numerous team-friendly contracts warrant.  Especially when BB rarely used the extra money to bolster the offense, and is utter shit at drafting offensive players.  He'll want some assurances that they'll do their best to find real weapons.

I expect Kraft will eventually step in and dictate that Tom Brady retires a New England Patriot, but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion.

Belichick is 68 and on the backside of his career if not very close to hanging them up.  Without any succession plan, it's likely he understands his coaching mortality and bites the bullet and welcomes Brady back.  Now maybe he doesn't, but then it's unlikely he ever gets back the winner's circle.

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

I wonder what BB thinks about letting Garrapalo go after last nights performance.  Very Un-Bradylike.  I've thought about it a bit, I'd be ok with Brady in Miami for a couple years, especially if it means a kid like Herbert gets to sit behind him and learn how to be an NFL qb during that time.

May want to talk to the owner.  Ross already indicated Brady to Miami would make no sense.

39 minutes ago, JustBecause said:

He’s been seen in Brentwood/Franklin TN (just south of Nashville) looking at Brentwood Academy and other private schools like MBA. 

Tennessee is probably not very high on his list.... He's a California kid so the Chargers or maybe Raiders may make some sense but it's probably back to NE.  Maybe it's the Titans but not sure why Tennessee would want to pay him 30m a year.

Tampa is a bitch move.

Go to LA. Bury Belichick once, possibly twice when it really hurts.

I think it will be Tampa.   There were reports a couple weeks ago that his conversation with bill did not go well.  I think a lot of this stems from the jimmy g trade