Jump to content
blacklab

Politics in the CV thread - stop posting it and stop responding to those that do

Recommended Posts

This thread is like a dragnet for the cloak room loons. They’re the only ones complaining about the policy.  Lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TornACL said:

It's kind of like, you have to have a toilet. Because if you didn't, you'd be forced to shit all over the living room rug. 

Sure, the toilet is full of shit. But that's better than the alternative. 

Cloak roomers drink from theirs

Edited by immortal13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Anybody ever fuck a CV19 + chick? If so, was she good in the sack? Pics?

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

That's a terrible idea as many have noted.  Hell no.  

Wrong. What happens when politics are banned from a non-political site is, the very very few posters that just cannot live without sharing their political commentary either leave the site in a snit, or just post political stuff where it doesn't belong and quickly accumulate enough warnings to get banned. 

And fucking none of them are missed when either of those things happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

Wrong. What happens when politics are banned from a non-political site is, the very very few posters that just cannot live without sharing their political commentary either leave the site in a snit, or just post political stuff where it doesn't belong and quickly accumulate enough warnings to get banned. 

And fucking none of them are missed when either of those things happen.

There’s a lot of sports forums/sites out there.  You can check them out.  When there’s no politics forum the shit flinging invariably ends up all over.  This is known.  
 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, achooloco said:

in regards to "No more national leadership or mentions - this thread will only be for local instances of public policy by local I mean LOCAL, only city/county level discussion is allowed. The national and state public policy talk needs to move to Cloak Room as there isn't a conducive way to include it and have members of the board not feel attacked politically" does that mean the thread won't allow mentions of the Cuomo PCs or really just the info presented there? Don't think there has been much mention of his political BS but others have brought up the figures he presents. There are posters in NY/NYC (it is also the area hit the hardest right now and a preview of what the rest of the country will possibly have to deal with), VA, couple in WA, MN, etc so figure'd I'd ask for a ruling on whether "local" meant TX only or what. Thanks. 

 

city/county is fine doesn't matter if you live there or not, chances are someone on the board in that thread does. NYC is a huge hub for users as is seattle, twin cities, DC, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There’s a lot of sports forums/sites out there.  You can check them out.  When there’s no politics forum the shit flinging invariably ends up all over.  This is known.  
 

So you say. I have seen 100% the opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t think it was all that hard to differentiate; if it related to cases, fatalities, treatments, graphs of trends it was current/news. If it was policy, personnel with respect to policy, or opinions related to such then CR. 
 

If someone says, that belongs in a different thread and proceeds to name which one is appropriate, I figure it’s more helpful than meant as a personal attack. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I didn’t think it was all that hard to differentiate; if it related to cases, fatalities, treatments, graphs of trends it was current/news. If it was policy, personnel with respect to policy, or opinions related to such then CR. 
 

If someone says, that belongs in a different thread and proceeds to name which one is appropriate, I figure it’s more helpful than meant as a personal attack. 
 

 

Sounds like something a cloak roomer would say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck load of rules violations on pages 470 & 471 discussing state and national policies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Sounds like something a cloak roomer would say

Well, of course. And that’s like your opinion man. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Sounds like something a cloak roomer would say

Says a frequent CR poster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SwanderedTalent said:

So you say. I have seen 100% the opposite.

Fuck, hope you’re right.  I really want to believe people can police themselves.  And I have nothing to base my claim on...either way on the next iteration of Surly there should be no rep in that forum, if a CR exists at all.  
 

Also if you post X amount in the CR, being ‘locked in’ for a time period also sounds like a good idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wu?

Seriously?  You never watched The Big Lebowski?  Don't fucking pee on the rug.  It ties the whole room together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bernorange said:

Seriously?  You never watched The Big Lebowski?  Don't fucking pee on the rug.  It ties the whole room together.

No, like I said, Wu peed on my rug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Anybody ever fuck a CV19 + chick? If so, was she good in the sack? Pics?

Let’s hope not. But she did get some groceries and liquor today.  So maybe.  Give me a week or 2 to confirm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Says a frequent CR poster. 

Would be funny if that were true. I do occasionally pop in to watch the monkeys fling poo at each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a very special badge that designates posters with more than, say, 5% of their posts being in the CR? Then, allow the rest of us to ignore all posters who have earned that badge. 

Something has to be done. I stopped reading the main CV thread days ago because of the thinly-veiled CR crap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not CR'ing the CV thread is a hard ask. Sometimes certain reactions are hard to resist. For example...

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

daltx fucking idiot has been dealt with.

please report posts like that

thanks northloop for the report

I'm going to move any retard posts like that that aren't strait CR over to that thread 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mez2 said:

I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy

You're middle school was very different from mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removing rep for cloak room posts so they can be crowd sourced is a great idea, personally. But there’s a high probability that kind of specification isn’t something the board software can do. But if it can, fuck yeah.   
 

Speaking of shitty Rep Manipulation, TOR sent me an email out of the blue asking me if shaggy died a few days ago. I responded Yes, and I’d only tell him what happened if he gave me a straight answer on where he’s been. So far it’s nothing been a string of bullshit, so I haven’t responded. So I’ve got that going for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Removing rep for cloak room posts so they can be crowd sourced is a great idea, personally. But there’s a high probability that kind of specification isn’t something the board software can do. But if it can, fuck yeah.   
 

Speaking of shitty Rep Manipulation, TOR sent me an email out of the blue asking me if shaggy died a few days ago. I responded Yes, and I’d only tell him what happened if he gave me a straight answer on where he’s been. So far it’s nothing been a string of bullshit, so I haven’t responded. So I’ve got that going for me. 

I saw where he magically appeared and acted all confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Removing rep for cloak room posts so they can be crowd sourced is a great idea, personally. But there’s a high probability that kind of specification isn’t something the board software can do. But if it can, fuck yeah.   
 

Speaking of shitty Rep Manipulation, TOR sent me an email out of the blue asking me if shaggy died a few days ago. I responded Yes, and I’d only tell him what happened if he gave me a straight answer on where he’s been. So far it’s nothing been a string of bullshit, so I haven’t responded. So I’ve got that going for me. 

Send him our love and best wishes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Digdogger said:

Send him our love and best wishes

So tell him he’s about as welcome as GreenspointTexas at any event involving other human beings? Got it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck, hope you’re right.  I really want to believe people can police themselves.  

just to clarify, i meant what I've seen in my examples was 100% the opposite-- I did not mean 100% of the time, it would work out the way I was proposing. I've seen the good, I'm not naive enough to say it always will work out that way.

Here, I think it would, because it's a sports and tits site and most of us want it as a respite from politics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

So the general consensus on TOR was that he was in jail right? 

Mormon mission trip abroad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You just don’t like his opinions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

There’s a lot of sports forums/sites out there.  You can check them out.  When there’s no politics forum the shit flinging invariably ends up all over.  This is known.  
 

This right here.  As well as the other side of the fence.  Go to Reddit.  Democrat Underground.  Etc. and jerk each other off and pos-rep one another to your hearts content  and libtard or TDS yourselves to sleep each night.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This right here.  As well as the other side of the fence.  Go to Reddit.  Democrat Underground.  Etc. and jerk each other off and pos-rep one another to your hearts content  and libtard or TDS yourselves to sleep each night.  

CR ------------->

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You just don’t like his opinions. 

It’s a bot. And it’s rule over the CR has banished any hint of differing opinions. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

It’s a bot. And it’s rule over the CR has banished any hint of differing opinions. 

Opinions? All I see is fart sniffing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s incredible to me that public health issues have now become fodder for a manipulative culture war. If we can’t agree that 1 million+ Americans dying would be bad, we are screwed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Blacklab or iMac should make it so anyone that has more than X number of clokeroom posts, it changes all the forum links so no matter what forum they click on it leads them back to clokekroom.  

They should change it so all those links go to besthugecocks.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

They should change it so all those links go to besthugecocks.com

nowthis is just ridiculous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...