I'm not a rocket surgeon but I think 20 is higher than 18
louisiana2.jpg

No, you aren’t. You said La was wide open on St Paddy’s Day. I explained that we were not. Rather than accept the fact you were wrong, you now moved the goalposts to two texts of folks with plastic bar cups. Which has something to say about people - and maybe bar owners who violate the law on a particular day - but nothing about your claim that the Gov of Louisiana was not doing anything and letting it be wide open. He did, it was not.

You had over 6K new cases yesterday and La had less than 1, and you claim victory on cases per million?? Are you an Aggie?? There is no victory with this fucking virus. If you want to win, then you have my blessing to put up a banner.

But we were officially closed on St. Paddy’s Day. If you are in Austin, stay safe in any event. And I mean it. Tell idiots to wear masks.

17 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

No, you aren’t. You said La was wide open on St Paddy’s Day. I explained that we were not. Rather than accept the fact you were wrong, you now moved the goalposts to two texts of folks with plastic bar cups. Which has something to say about people - and maybe bar owners who violate the law on a particular day - but nothing about your claim that the Gov of Louisiana was not doing anything and letting it be wide open. He did, it was not.

You had over 6K new cases yesterday and La had less than 1, and you claim victory on cases per million?? Are you an Aggie?? There is no victory with this fucking virus. If you want to win, then you have my blessing to put up a banner.

But we were officially closed on St. Paddy’s Day. If you are in Austin, stay safe in any event. And I mean it. Tell idiots to wear masks.

We had 4,200, ya'll had 800. We have 6x the population you do. Again, I don't think we've handled it well at all but neither has Louisiana. All good though, I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Who dat. And you stay safe as well.

My buddy at willowbrook Methodist texted me this-

There are patients in our ED who have been there for 5-6 days...I’m assuming on a vent and waiting for an ICU bed but dunno now. At least 40-50 ppl in ED w confirmed covid 

46 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

We had 4,200, ya'll had 800. We have 6x the population you do. Again, I don't think we've handled it well at all but neither has Louisiana. All good though, I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Who dat. And you stay safe as well.

AC6185D3_A17E_497C_87F6_55CD5E2AD1F1_IMG

24 minutes ago, PsychMike said:

It wasn't even stupid. It was flat out criminal. The republicans decided passing a new tax code in 2017 that adds over 2 trillion to the deficit in 10 years for money directly going into their billionaire donor's pockets was ok. 

This year they decided it was not ok to add a few trillion to the deficit to save the lives and well-being of millions of Americans and save the economy during a pandemic. So they forced everything open and everyone back to work in the face of a debilitating virus. 

That's biblical level evil. 

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Sometimes you just have to let the kid touch the hot stove. 

This is more like letting the kid reach up to grab the hot pan of grease on the stove.

15 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Fuck off, Mayor....

In fairness, they have a lot of important things to discuss.  Like who should go to what bathroom.  And how much money should we give to the public schools--$0 or something less than $0?

35 minutes ago, MrBig said:

This is more like letting the kid reach up to grab the hot pan of grease on the stove.

And throw it at grandma

1 hour ago, MrBig said:

And dunk his maskless face into it.

17 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Fuck off, Mayor....

lol what the fuck?  These fucking mouthbreathers.

Also question for the my Harris County peeps:  What is up with all the hoopla on twitter about everybody being denied the "relief fund" or whatever?  

On 6/29/2020 at 12:19 AM, Hookah Horns said:

My mom just told me it was reported in San Antonio that most of the people on ventilators are 20-30 years old and that almost ICU beds are taken. Scary shit. 

Not saying it's untrue, but according to the Bexar county dashboards there have been zero deaths in the 20-29 age range in two in the 30-39 age range. 

Obviously that will change soon if what's being reported is true. 

Edited by StruggleBus

42 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Not saying it's untrue, but according to the Bexar county dashboards there have been zero deaths in the 20-29 age range in two in the 30-39 age range. 

Obviously that will change soon if what's being reported is true. 

From what I gather, the young with severe cases are more likely to survive with permanent damage. 

Here's the article. 

26 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Look at these fucking tone-deaf morons:

All these idiots need to be eradicated for the greater good and health of our species. They've become far too numerous and consequential. 

35 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Look at these fucking tone-deaf morons:

Honestly I can understand them being pissed off. Why are they being singled out when restaurants are still being stupid and not following guidelines, churches are allowed to pack a shit load of mostly olds in with no masks, and virtually nothing the governor has said has even been followed or enforced at all during this whole thing. 

This has been so badly bungled by Abbott, Trump, and republicans in general that nothing is consistent and no matter what moves they make now there's someone that's getting fucked and will be pissed because they are getting no federal financial help. 

Edited by Wanker Bob

18 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

All these idiots* need to be eradicated for the greater good and health of our species. They've become far too numerous and consequential. 

* Other than the blonde in the red tank top.

18 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

Honestly I can understand them being pissed off. Why are they being singled out when restaurants are still being stupid and not following guidelines, churches are allowed to pack a shit load of mostly olds in with no masks, and virtually nothing the governor has said has even been followed or enforced at all during this whole thing. 

This has been so badly bungled by Abbott, Trump, and republicans in general that nothing is consistent and no matter what moves they make now there's someone that's getting fucked and will be pissed because they are getting no federal financial help. 

Has it been reported that a lot of restaurants in the state haven't been following the guidelines? Every place I've been to here in Dallas has taken them very seriously. 

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

More info on the tatted gal with the blue braids, plz.  Thx.

That sign is doing the work of god. 

17 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Has it been reported that a lot of restaurants in the state haven't been following the guidelines? Every place I've been to here in Dallas has taken them very seriously. 

is anecdotal evidence good enough? did takeout from Pluckers last night and although they were checking people's temps before they went in, there were few if any non-employees wearing masks once inside. so yeah, it's a problem, and bars have every right to bitch. if they have outdoor seating and can accommodate not letting people inside (save maybe to pee) then I see no reason they should not be allowed to be open.

28 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Depends on the location but far more I've seen haven't been than have. Especially when it was 25 Percent

7 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

is anecdotal evidence good enough? did takeout from Pluckers last night and although they were checking people's temps before they went in, there were few if any non-employees wearing masks once inside. so yeah, it's a problem, and bars have every right to bitch. if they have outdoor seating and can accommodate not letting people inside (save maybe to pee) then I see no reason they should not be allowed to be open.

The order is hamfisted. The problem is bars where people are standing around mingling close together. If a bar limits capacity and makes everyone sit at spaced out tables I'm not sure why it should be treated differently than a restaurant. 

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

The order is hamfisted. The problem is bars where people are standing around mingling close together. If a bar limits capacity and makes everyone sit at spaced out tables I'm not sure why it should be treated differently than a restaurant.

Who is going to monitor all those bars to see that they are in compliance?

And it doesn't matter how spaced out you are inside when the AC is circulating the coronavirus throughout the room.

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

A/C circulates the virus so it may be that there isn’t really a safe distance indoors. You’re right that it doesn’t make any sense to treat bars and restaurants differently, though. 

The Chinese did a case study on a restaurant where a bunch of people got infected.  It wasn't limited to tables nearby to the infected person.  It ended up covering the whole place.  You don't want to be in indoor situations where you are potentially breathing the same air as an infected person for an hour or 2.

Edited by kevwun

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

More info on the tatted gal with the blue braids, plz.  Thx.

I think she's older than I am, but you do you:

Ebxc-txWAAIwqv-?format=jpg&name=large

50 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

And on top of that, it doesn't matter if you have food, if you top the magic number, you are shut down, even if the place next to you is .1% below the magic number and they get to stay open.  That's dumb.

So what are we to make of the case numbers coming out in the counties that are really spiking? Do we think they're going to be artificially low due to the sudden demand (and lack of supply) for testing?

I think the hospitalization numbers will still be a good barometer, because as far as I know everyone going into a hospital gets Covid tested. 

Dallas is doing its part to set records.  Shit. We’re in Montana. Not sure when we’re coming back. 

Edited by Jive Turkey

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

The Chinese did a case study on a restaurant where a bunch of people got infected.  It wasn't limited to tables nearby to the infected person.  It ended up covering the whole place.  You don't want to be in indoor situations where you are potentially breathing the same air as an infected person for an hour or 2.

Do masks indoors make a large difference re: AC circulation of the virus? 

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion