Ex Cop and son kill unarmed black man jogging

purplepride95

i'm a white female. i walk my hood all the time. if i pass a vacant house for sale or under construction i almost always walk up to peer in windows and check it out. i may even wonder into the backyard if there's an open gate. because it's my neighborhood and i'm nosy about the comps. #whiteprivilege

this story makes me sick. wtf is wrong with this country. 🙁

9 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Looking into a construction site is not punishable by death 

Neither is robbing it, even if that was what happened. But there seems to be a pretty high concentration of the "all thieves deserve death" mentality in those parts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Some LeBron hyperbole 

My favorite part of these situations is when they happen, the effort people put into looking around for some reason to be critical of someone black.  Ha! Did you see how mad Lebron got at the murder!  He said *literally* hunted! This guy was literally hunted, not all black people!

• Like 6

16 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The older one is a retired investigator for the local prosecutor.    

Well, he should have stayed retired, nestled in his cheap ass Barcalounger eating Cheetos, but he's obviously too fucking stupid. I hope his family sues them and destroys them with lifelong litigation, judgements and garnishments. I hope they end up living under a bridge with rats. Rats are more deserving of life than those two pathetic, redneck assholes.

Edited by Woodrow Call
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Some LeBron hyperbole 

Sadly, all we need now is for Georgia football recruits to start to chime in for Georgians to finally take notice and a side.  

Edited by RollLeft

Guest Lobo

Doesn't say in that initial article/report summary/whatever...what time were the paramedics called to that scene?  You can see what time he's shot because of the facebook time stamp.  I wonder how long until they called any of the authorities?  

How exactly would you burglarize a house... on foot... wearing a t shirt and shorts?  What could he have possibly taken from a house under construction that would fit in his short pockets. Unless he had a huge ass fanny pack we couldn't see or they were those fancy cargo shorts.

He was harassed to the point where he was forced to act..and then was murdered. 

• Like 2

Scattershooting here, but it appears that Georgia's self-defense law doesn't permit use of deadly force when deadly force isn't threatened, as a general proposition.  That calculus would be changed some if the shooter is an LEO making an arrest.  I don't immediately see how non-LEO attempting to act as LEO (citizens arrest) changes the initial assumption (unlawful use of deadly force).

While the Amber Guyger case was more akin to a freakish and horrible accident made more likely by her conduct and some of her "assumptions" about the victim and circumstances, this seems to be a pretty malicious and intentional case that even more clearly demands prosecution and punishment.

I just don't see a scenario where ordinary citizens should arm themselves, saddle up, and pursue an unarmed person they alone have adjudged to be a criminal or suspicious is conduct that should be condoned or left unpunished.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

Well, he should have stayed retired, nestled in his cheap ass Barcalounger eating Cheetos, but he's obviously too fucking stupid. I hope his family sues them and destroys them with lifelong litigation, judgements and garnishments. I hope they end up living under a bridge with rats. Rats are more deserving of life than those two pathetic, redneck assholes.

I hope his son spends a long time in prison/has his life destroyed, and that he actually comprehends that he deliberately involved his son in this shit, and that his son is rotting away because of the actions of the dad.    But that would mean he went in front of a fair jury.   And that the dad actually had some self-awareness.

I don’t know what investigators for local prosecutors do, but I’m wondering how many people he fucked over in that capacity.   Because he clearly had no qualms about fucking with a jogger to the point he was killed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm a white. Throughout my life, when the contractors were not there on a weekend or something,  I have walked in homes under construction in my neighborhood. I have never been reported to the police or murdered. 

yet !

• Like 3

Guest Lobo

Did we already go through the part where they get their hopes up when they're told they'll be in bunks right next to one another in prison?  

But they get there, and Dad's in cell C-10, and son is in cell C-11.  And the guard says, "well, we wasn't lying.  the bunks are next to each other, just this cement wall between 'em, but no other cells so you can still hear each other at night."  Then the their two separate cellmates walk in as the steel closes behind each of them.  And they both get to meet their new domestic partners for the next couple decades.  Guard says, "Jerome, you'll be interested to know that you're cellmate here is ex-police and lynched a black boy not much younger than you.  Your buddy Darryl will be bunking with his son next store directly.  Y'all enjoy."  And the father and son get to listen to one another get ass-raped every night.  "Boy, stop crying...take it like a man...we'll get our revenge one day!"  "Dad, I'm not crying...I'm choking on cock!"  

Could we swing something like that?  

They would have likely gotten away with it if they didn't call up 'Roddie' or whatever the fuck his nickname is, and told him to follow them with a fucking running video camera.  He didn't film it to exonerate them, they wanted it filmed because they wanted to watch it later and jerk off to it.  I guess being ex-police, he'll probably get a special location away from general, maybe with the pedophiles where he can be among his kind but he'll probably die of natural causes in ten years.  If convicted, that son is truly fucked.  he'll rot for decades in there getting raped constantly because he'll get tagged as a lyncher.  one black inmate gets a cell phone snuck in and sees that video, word goes around like wildfire and that kid is gonna get split up the back more times than a round steak.  and the dad is just gonna have to sit back and take it.  

dad's best bet is to cut a deal later on that he alone convinced the boy to go with him and to fire his weapon.  That he threatened his son to participate or something.  Make the kid look like an easily manipulated pawn in all this.  And take life in prison as the dad.  Otherwise, this kid is fucked.  Literally.  Over and over again.  

still disturbs me that some posters watch that video and think, "That bums me out, my dad and I never do anything together anymore."  

Edited by Lobo

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Scattershooting here, but it appears that Georgia's self-defense law doesn't permit use of deadly force when deadly force isn't threatened, as a general proposition.  That calculus would be changed some if the shooter is an LEO making an arrest.  I don't immediately see how non-LEO attempting to act as LEO (citizens arrest) changes the initial assumption (unlawful use of deadly force).

While the Amber Guyger case was more akin to a freakish and horrible accident made more likely by her conduct and some of her "assumptions" about the victim and circumstances, this seems to be a pretty malicious and intentional case that even more clearly demands prosecution and punishment.

I just don't see a scenario where ordinary citizens should arm themselves, saddle up, and pursue an unarmed person they alone have adjudged to be a criminal or suspicious is conduct that should be condoned or left unpunished.

Kind of an addendum to this, because I can't stop comparing it to the Guyger case, but I could have seen a "technical" application of the law possibly resulting in her acquittal.

Would that have been justice in the in the galactic sense?  I don't know.  It was a tough enough case that, to me at least, letting the technicalities of the law sort it out makes sense.

This one, though, I'm not seeing any technicalities that acquit these guys, so "legal" justice and galactic justice should match up.  But then there are those extra-legal factors like race and prejudice and political inclinations that may mean these guys skate.  I hope not.

1 minute ago, Fondren & Main said:

Hmm, I don’t think that’s the point at all.  Maybe he can dumb it down for you so you can understand...

that Lebron cannot complain about this black jogger being killed because blacks killed blacks in Chicago and he didn't tweet about that?

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 1:05 PM, purplepride95 said:

Why are you not buying him taking a jog on a Sunday afternoon?

We all know the answer. Because he's black. You know, because black people don't jog or run for leisure/exercise. They have to be running from a crime they committed....

Don't mind the people who have spoke out about him saying it's known he likes to jog....

Edited by Vic Mackey

You fuckers love to twist things to fit your narrative. The point of the original post was to point out the hyperbole in LeBron’s statement “We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm a white. Throughout my life, when the contractors were not there on a weekend or something,  I have walked in homes under construction in my neighborhood. I have never been reported to the police or murdered. 

I have F**KED in homes under construction.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

You fuckers love to twist things to fit your narrative. The point of the original post was to point out the hyperbole in LeBron’s statement “We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes!

I don't see what's so hyperbolic about that statement. You just disagree with it.

11 hours ago, MrBig said:

All this talk of the authority to make a “citizen’s arrest” is bullshit. The only time a citizens arrest should occur is when an adult is caught doing inappropriate things to a child. Pin the fucker down and console the child until the cops come. None of this citizens arrest crap because some dude was running from an empty construction site or jogging in the vicinity of a suspected criminal. 

And the construction site wasn't even theirs. And apparently their statement was that the construction site had been dormant for a while bc the owner was sick so they didn't think it'd be complete, or some shit like that. So what exactly were they protecting then? 

Just now, gsoda3 said:

what can you steal from a construction site, lumber?  nails?  

when we were in middle school a lot of the ones in our neighborhood had working phones so we'd call 900 numbers.  also, break a lot of shit.  hooligans.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

We all know the answer. Because he's black. You know, because black people don't jog or run for leisure/exercise. They have to be running from a crime they committed....

Don't mind the people who have spoke out about him saying it's known he likes to jog....

Usain Bolt is the fastest criminal alive in Cletus' mind then.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Copper.  It is/was a couple of bucks a pound.  And it's a pretty serious problem.

good one.  hadn't thought about that.  i was thinking maybe gas generators if they hadn't chained them down.