Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Baboontyme

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Season 1 is their best season.  It goes downhill after that.  Just bail if season 1 doesn't do anything for you.

Yep.  If you don't love season 1, the rest won't do much for you. 

• 1 month later...

Stranger Things 4 Drops First 8 Minutes of New Season, Episode Counts - Variety

The first volume will consist of the bulk of the season, with seven of the nine episodes releasing May 27. The remaining two episodes will be released on July 1 as Volume 2 of the season.

The episodes are significantly longer than in previous seasons of the show, with most running at 75 minutes and Episode 7 running for 98 minutes. In addition, Netflix’s fan website Tudum confirmed Friday morning that Episode 8 will run 85 minutes, while the season finale’s runtime will approach two and a half hours long. Overall, the season will be almost five hours longer than the previous three seasons.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Stranger Things 4 Drops First 8 Minutes of New Season, Episode Counts - Variety

The first volume will consist of the bulk of the season, with seven of the nine episodes releasing May 27. The remaining two episodes will be released on July 1 as Volume 2 of the season.

The episodes are significantly longer than in previous seasons of the show, with most running at 75 minutes and Episode 7 running for 98 minutes. In addition, Netflix’s fan website Tudum confirmed Friday morning that Episode 8 will run 85 minutes, while the season finale’s runtime will approach two and a half hours long. Overall, the season will be almost five hours longer than the previous three seasons.

wow. 

Related trivia--Millie Bobby Brown was in Godzilla vs Kong directed by Adam Winguard. A sequel to that movie was announced recently, with Winguard once again directing and he already has Dan Stevens (Downton Abbey/The Guest/Beauty and the Beast/Eurovision Song Contest) on board. Winguard worked with Stevens when they made The Guest so we'll see if Brown signs onto the cast as well.

9 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

That photo lineup of Eleven and everyone else in the cast was like the modern equivalent of the Patrick Swayze / Chris Farley sketch.  “All of you should be very proud of yourselves for getting here.  But when it comes to picking who is still going to be a star as an adult, we’re going to go with Eleven.  I can’t stress enough how tough of a decision this was for us, but I guess ultimately the deciding factor was she looks beautiful and glamorous, and you all look and dress like weirdos.”

Basically the same trajectory as the Harry Potter cast.

1 minute ago, CooterBrown said:

First two episodes are solid. I like it better than last season so far.

Dustin still sucks and is so annoying.

I just finished the second. They’re just so long 

• Hook 'Em 1

I’m about halfway thru episode 4. Have to admit that I’m struggling to keep my attention on the screen. The only part keeping me going is the delivery of the other seasons. 

edit: I wrote that just before the pizza delivery scene. That was pretty good.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m about halfway thru episode 4. Have to admit that I’m struggling to keep my attention on the screen. The only part keeping me going is the delivery of the other seasons. 

edit: I wrote that just before the pizza delivery scene. That was pretty good.

I am through episode 4 and have really enjoyed the season thus far. The gun fight in the house as they escape to the pizza van was frikin awesome. 

The soundtrack is on point and I love the sound effect of the grandfather clock. 

I do hope most of you all are watching this on an Atmos equipped system. The sound effects are awesome and adds a whole other dimension to watching. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2