Dedicated Stranger Things Series Thread

Baboontyme

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will is surely gay, but there's probably more to it than that. Because of his prior experiences, he probably has some sort of ability to see horrible stuff in the future or some Upside-Down thing that adds to his gloominess. I bet he eventually has a Eureka! moment and provides the key to finally dropping Vecna. Ideally, this will come with a better haircut.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Will is surely gay, but there's probably more to it than that. Because of his prior experiences, he probably has some sort of ability to see horrible stuff in the future or some Upside-Down thing that adds to his gloominess. I bet he eventually has a Eureka! moment and provides the key to finally dropping Vecna. Ideally, this will come with a better haircut.

If they jump ahead to '88-'89, he'll have a mullet with a perm just in the back.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Ironically enough the actor probably has the best looking haircut in real life. 

"'Stranger Things': Noah Schnapp Says Creators Won't Change Will's Hair" https://www.insider.com/stranger-things-noah-schnapp-wants-new-hair-for-will-bowlcut-2022-5

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I assume the amp was there as well. The real cool thing was that the electricity was on to drive the amp and guitar. 

Couldn't they have just put the amp on the roof and played the guitar from the presumed safety of the mobile home?  It really doesn't seem all that realistic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

Couldn't they have just put the amp on the roof and played the guitar from the presumed safety of the mobile home?  It really doesn't seem all that realistic.

It's a show about some teens and a girl with telekinesis fighting demons from a parallel world.  How realistic do you need it to be?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You didn’t watch the end, did you. Did you stop at the fade to black?

I don't think I missed a post-credit scene, but could have.  I guess I interpreted Eleven saving Max as stopping the upside down mid-dam break.  But when Eleven goes looking for her again in the spin the bottle scene and it's all black, I wasn't sure what that meant.  When upside down flakes spread over Hawthorn at end, I took that to perhaps mean that, two days later, the fourth (Max) had died and allowed the dam to fully bust as it were, to use the metaphor in the show.  

Edited by A-Tex Devil
  • Hook 'Em 1

I don't think I missed a post-credit scene, but could have.  I guess I interpreted Eleven saving Max as stopping the upside down mid-dam break.  But when Eleven goes looking for her again in the spin the bottle scene and it's all black, I wasn't sure what that meant.  When upside down flakes spread over Hawthorn at end, I took that to perhaps mean that, two days later, the fourth (Max) had died and allowed the dam to fully bust as it were, to use the metaphor in the show.  

There was a scene before the credits of Max in a hospital bed, wide awake, with her limbs in casts. Kinda hard to miss that she is alive.

16 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Max’s mind isn’t there. Vecna has it. But her body is alive.

Alternative: she's a ginger, thus no soul.

Edited by Nivek
  • Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

I hope Max gets some recognition for her performance. She has shown to be a phenomenal actress and was the star of the season, IMO.

True, between the last two seasons she got to display some good range as an actor. 

On 7/7/2022 at 12:30 AM, CooterBrown said:

There was a scene before the credits of Max in a hospital bed, wide awake, with her limbs in casts. Kinda hard to miss that she is alive.

What the fuck?  How do some of you make it through life?  At no point was she wide awake. She’s in a coma. She is brain dead. 11 went in to her mind to look for her, but it was dark and empty.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

What purpose did Eddie's "sacrifice" serve? How did his decision to leave Dustin in the real world, cut the rope, and attract the attention of the batmonsters (and dying in the process) help anyone else accomplish anything? 

Interesting theory I read

Spoiler

Eddie didn't die, he becomes Kas the Bloody-Handed, a vampire, who becomes Vecna's right hand man and betrays him.