Fuck Mack Brown

Message Board User

55 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Following this logic, it’s cool if parents build the family a beautiful house, gift it to you, and burn it down on their way to their retirement home? 

As long as they give me a heads up

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Message Board User said:

We should be well into the Nick Saban era at UT, watching our beloved Longhorns annually in the CFP and cherry-picking any 5 star we want.

But old Butterteeth is a lazy, craven, manipulative, self-absorbed dipshit who made sure that didn't happen.  

Piss on anyone who thinks the school should do any kind of honor or recognition for that beeyotch.

Let it go.  You are starting to sound like an aggy with their obsessions about someone screwing them.

16 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Following this logic, it’s cool if parents build the family a beautiful house, gift it to you, and burn it down on their way to their retirement home? 

Charlie Strong burned it down.  Mack merely neglected it and allowed some wood rot.

Top 10 winningest major college coaches:

1. Joe Paterno 409

2. Bobbie Bowden 377

3. Bear Bryant 323

4. Pop Warner 319

5. Amos Alonzo Stagg 314

6. Frank Beamer 280

7. Lavell Edwards 257

8. Tom Osborne 255

9. Mack Brown 251

10.Lou Holtz 249

Nick Saban is right behind at 243.  Brian Kelly has 242, but most of his were in Division II at Grand Valley St.

Mack did some things right.

8 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I would have defended Mack if not for just recently reading on this board that he has been in the background attempting to scuttle the Urban hire. What a total fucking asshole to not only sabotage the saban hire out of spite but now all this time later to be doing it again. Fuck Mack 

Where did you read this? Or.. TLDR version? 

13 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I would have defended Mack if not for just recently reading on this board that he has been in the background attempting to scuttle the Urban hire. What a total fucking asshole to not only sabotage the saban hire out of spite but now all this time later to be doing it again. Fuck Mack 

that was fan fiction/speculation/bullshit; nobody with a brain actually thought that was real

• Hook 'Em 2

Mack did a lot of good stuff while he was here and I appreciate that

he also did a lot of stupid shit too like not taking the OU game seriously as something totally unique and different from all other games

the chris simms Major Applewhite fuck up

the Major Applewhite fucking something fuck up

old freak nasty

he got lazy as fuck recruiting

he never designed an actual offense he relied on "starz" and "athletes" to some in and perform somehow in some offense crafted around a few of them and that dell off the rails when the players were not remotely matched up to fit together in any type of offense

the totally fucked up QB recruiting after the early years of Colt

he got lazy and burnt out and instead of "retiring" like Urban does or like The Old Ball Coach did he let his ego get in the way and dragged shit into the gutter and then made half assed moves to try and salvage it when it all fell apart.....he could have stepped away and sold a few casistas and waited out UNC or wherever and gone there

he got lucky that UNC opened up because that was the ONLY job that was going to offer him, that was the ONLY job he would fit in, that is the only place that would have accepted him coming in and going through the motions to some 8 or 9 win seasons and then hitting the door, that is the only place some assistants would have followed him to and that is the only place he would be able to recruit to

he is doing well there and probably better than he or anyone else expected so good for him.....and yes that does make Texas look a bot bad, but only to revisionist history assholes that ignored how fast and far the program fell apart after 2009 and the half assed attempts to cobble it back together and get 10 wins and or a conference championship to bow out

that also ignores all the shit he had to work with, the place the Big 12 was at the time and the lack of total year in and year out hardware Mack drug home relative to all that shit

yes few coaches win a MNC and even fewer play for 2 and come close to winning a second one with a QB that had barely taken a snap

but the reality is Mack was in no way shape or form the guy to take Texas into these modern times he does not live, breath, eat, and shit football like Nick....he is not going to let recruits fuck his wife like Jumbo to get them to sign, he is not going to win and bow out at the top with a program ready to keep rolling like some others

he would have been content to riding Texas right into the position it is in now while still talking about the ring and a few other things that are fading fast

but still Texas is not in a fucked up place because of him now Texas is in that place because of instability at the President level, a shitty hire for an AD, the inability to quickly fix that hire permanently, and the lack or proven head coaches that Texas can pull away from somewhere and the inability of the coaches hired to do anything other than fuck up and do dumb shit and look like assholes doing it

as soon as Texas can turn that around the firing of Mack will be long forgotten just like the firing of Fred Akers that was very similar at the time....barring that Fred did not win it all because of a dumb ass ego call made to punt the fucking ball instead of doing the smart thing to win the game....and after that Fred was not the one to take Texas into the new ear happening at that time 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

that was fan fiction/speculation/bullshit; nobody with a brain actually thought that was real

Does CTJ normally do the speculation angle on here? He’s the poster that mentioned Mack reached out to some of his loyal buddies and wanted them to make the Texas job seem like a real shit sandwich. If he was just being an asshole then he got me and I’ll go back to defending Mack. 

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Does CTJ normally do the speculation angle on here? He’s the poster that mentioned Mack reached out to some of his loyal buddies and wanted them to make the Texas job seem like a real shit sandwich. If he was just being an asshole then he got me and I’ll go back to defending Mack. 

lets be real no one needs anyone to double top secret tell them that the Texas job is a total shit sandwich......I think Helen Keller is asking what tat shit sandwich smell is

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

lets be real no one needs anyone to double top secret tell them that the Texas job is a total shit sandwich......I think Helen Keller is asking what tat shit sandwich smell is

It’s more if Mack really used his connections for some kind of sabotage so his legacy as the last great coach stays intact then that’s pretty damn low. 

I suppose I could see Mack attempting that.  However, I'm not sure he's that well respected in the top tier of the coaching community.

I'm mad about the way he went out.  I never put much stock in the Saban rumor or Mack kiboshing it, so that doesn't move my needle.

I am quite annoyed, however, that he acquired some apparent self-awareness and fixed himself so he could go coach again successfully at UNC.

There was no chance that Nick Saban was ever going to come to Austin.  None. Zero. Zip.  When Mack Brown finally got pushed out at Texas, Saban already had 3 National Championships in the previous 5 years and more importantly he had recruiting locked-in and had the Bama administration trained up the way he wanted them.  Money might be the only reason to leave, and Alabama had already shown a willingness to make him the highest paid coach.   The only way Texas fit into his plans was perhaps a trip to Austin to panic Bama into giving him more money.

Should MB have retired sooner? Yes.   

Did he "leave the cupboard bare"? No, that was just Strong's incompetence. (Let's purge all OL and then complain about lack of depth).

Should we celebrate his time here?  Damn straight.   As far as I'm concerned, they should build a statue to Mack Brown.   

Akers, McWilliams, Mackovic, Brown, Strong, Herman....once of these ain't like the other ones.

Edited by 0xdeadbeef
  • Hook 'Em 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/5/2020 at 9:04 PM, Message Board User said:

We should be well into the Nick Saban era at UT, watching our beloved Longhorns annually in the CFP and cherry-picking any 5 star we want.

But old Butterteeth is a lazy, craven, manipulative, self-absorbed dipshit who made sure that didn't happen.  

Piss on anyone who thinks the school should do any kind of honor or recognition for that beeyotch.

rawImage.jpg

• Haha 1

On 12/6/2020 at 2:44 PM, WinningIsHard said:

On 12/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, WinningIsHard said:

It’s more if Mack really used his connections for some kind of sabotage so his legacy as the last great coach stays intact then that’s pretty damn low. 

Just seeing this since the thread came back up and I clicked on it. Mack Brown shit on the Texas job to Urban Meyer. He's actively worked in the past to undermine Texas having success while he was still paid by the program and since through his buddies when assistants ask around or his media friends reach out to him off the record, including Herbstreit. Anyone with a fucking mediocre connection to either people in the media or UT athletics knows all of this. 

It's not some conspiracy theory or outrageous claim. A petty, selfish, insecure bitch of man can and often will do what they can to preserve their own legacy within an org at the expense of the institution and other people, and this happens throughout the world every day, from levels high to low. It's happening right now at a corporation or small business, government agency, or religious entity within a 25 mile radius of any of us. If you're on a plane and reading this, someone is actively doing this while they hurtle through the air at 500 mph. It's as common and basic as breathing air. 

Guys like @Rimbo and @StassneyHorn who show and claim skepticism do so because they put some bizarre level of "greater good" thinking on a role like HFBC at Texas. Some people have a need to put roles and people in those roles on a pedestal. No one benefitted more from being put on a pedestal and being given the benefit of the doubt by his/her constituency in CFB during the past 15 years than Mack Brown at Texas, save perhaps Joe Paterno. Both men eventually failed in their own ways in such a level, in part due to their insulation and reach, that not even their phalanx of sycophants could spare them.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 12/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

On 4/5/2021 at 8:43 PM, Dijon Robinson said:

Four months later and this analogy still makes no fucking sense

On 12/6/2020 at 3:14 PM, Sgt Hulk said:

So we just gonna be 18 year old girl that blames all her issues on her first boyfriend 10 years ago like the last 10 boyfriends didn’t fuck up 

If we are going to go back and criticize analogies from four months ago, I am starting with the 8 year old girl with boyfriend issues.

Chris Hansen | To Catch a Predator Wiki | Fandom

Edited by jinx
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Guys like @Rimbo and @StassneyHorn who show and claim skepticism do so because they put some bizarre level of "greater good" thinking on a role like HFBC at Texas. Some people have a need to put roles and people in those roles on a pedestal. No one benefitted more from being put on a pedestal and being given the benefit of the doubt by his/her constituency in CFB during the past 15 years than Mack Brown at Texas, save perhaps Joe Paterno. Both men eventually failed in their own ways in such a level, in part due to their insulation and reach, that not even their phalanx of sycophants could spare them.

Not sure why you're tagging me in this, unless you're just itching to be rope-a-doped by me yet again. The only "skepticism" I've had that Mack sank the Saban hire is the absolute minimal skepticism expected of anyone who doesn't have direct first-hand knowledge of a thing.

Sure, I saw Mack grab the hall pass and I saw the unflushed turd dripping off the toilet seat afterwards; but I didn't see him do it. I'm not going bury my nose in his ass to smell the shit-stain on his jeans to confirm it; I don't need to, and I don't really want to. So of course Mack sank the Saban hire. I thought so from the start and have yet to see any reasonable evidence otherwise. Who are you confusing me with this time?

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Just seeing this since the thread came back up and I clicked on it. Mack Brown shit on the Texas job to Urban Meyer. He's actively worked in the past to undermine Texas having success while he was still paid by the program and since through his buddies when assistants ask around or his media friends reach out to him off the record, including Herbstreit. Anyone with a fucking mediocre connection to either people in the media or UT athletics knows all of this. 

It's not some conspiracy theory or outrageous claim. A petty, selfish, insecure bitch of man can and often will do what they can to preserve their own legacy within an org at the expense of the institution and other people, and this happens throughout the world every day, from levels high to low. It's happening right now at a corporation or small business, government agency, or religious entity within a 25 mile radius of any of us. If you're on a plane and reading this, someone is actively doing this while they hurtle through the air at 500 mph. It's as common and basic as breathing air. 

Naw, I negged you cause you don’t have sources and create fan fiction.