Tell me about Nebraska

RollLeft

15 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

You have to go back to 2001 for the last time the Evil Nitters started a season 0-4 and outscored 95-31 in losses to Miami, Wisconsin, Iowa and Michigan.

Still a lot of football left in this one. Nebraska has to score some TDs or they are going to lose.

Pedo offense.  QB run, run, run, run.....not stuff comebacks made of.

On 9/29/2020 at 11:07 AM, Cornfusion said:

How does Indiana compare to Maryland, in your opinion?  How does Texas compare to Maryland, historically speaking?  This transitive, historical stuff is entertaining, but it doesn't mean much going forward, does it?

How does Nebraska compare to Texas in your opinion?  Especially over the last, say, ten games?

As for looking forward, everyone associated with the Texas program would be LOOKING FORWARD to playing Nebraska and getting that sure W.  Can't say the same about Nebraska.  I have family and friends in Nebraska.  They candidly admit that Nebraska would get drilled by Texas if the two programs were to play right now.   

Edited by Carl Spackler

I’ll just note that my boss who was a fullback for Nebraska in the early 90’s and has extensive ties to the current staff was at the game today on gifted parent tickets and he left midway through the 3rd quarter today. Generally speaking losing boosters like him is bad news for a staff.

So now what? What does Neb do? Can they try and fire Frost, which seems outlandish to consider?

I mean what can they do beyond their typical bitch and whine? Just bend over and take it? What is the long term plan, because right now they look like a program still mired in mediocrity...

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

So now what? What does Neb do? Can they try and fire Frost, which seems outlandish to consider?

I mean what can they do beyond their typical bitch and whine? Just bend over and take it? What is the long term plan, because right now they look like a program still mired in mediocrity...

Nothing. First it was all Texas/the Big 12's fault. Now it's all the B1G's fault. Bitching and whining is all they can do to avoid facing the reality that everyone (including them) plainly sees: they'll never be back.

11 hours ago, TXpride said:

Nothing. First it was all Texas/the Big 12's fault. Now it's all the B1G's fault. Bitching and whining is all they can do to avoid facing the reality that everyone (including them) plainly sees: they'll never be back.

Well, Nebraska getting dominated n the B1G west is what they predicted, right..? 

Or, was it Nebraska would dominate the B1G west division, I must have forgot..!

40 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

Maybe Central Florida has better resources/facilities/fanbase.

Even the second tier players in FL are light years ahead of the best talent available in the Great Plains.  All the facilities, fanbase, program culture, academic success and other things Nebraska brags about are meaningless if they completely stop winning, which it appears they have.