Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

@ATXbronco  what the fuck, man

That fucking guy is also the poster that floated the premise of Drew Brees joining the staff as an analyst to learn the trade while being back home in Austin. He should just be crowdsourced by this fucking board and then can choose if he wants to return and try harder under a new handle. 0 for fucking 2. Hit the fucking road.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Who was the last QB drafted with one full year of play? Genuinely curious. 

Mitch Fucking Trubisky had one fucking year of starts and the dumbest fucking GM in the league traded up to draft him over Watson.  Thank you or reminding me.  As if I don't drink everyday to block out that pain.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Somebody help me out here. How the hell do I reply to someone without quoting them. Is there a reply button I'm not seeing? Or am I supposed to just "@" them?

Reply, but go into the quoted post and delete the stupid pictures

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Who was the last QB drafted with one full year of play? Genuinely curious. 

Didn’t Mac Jones start in 2019 when Tua missed a ton of games?

If so, does he have more starts than Tua? (While also being much taller, having two more years in the film room and two healthy hips.)

Edited by Napoleon

So I was at a deposition most of the day today, but it sounds like Banks is semi-official now.  Anyone else that wasn't semi-official yesterday?
Also, SIAP, but it looks like Charlie is out (not that he was ever going to be in):

bwahahahahahahahaha at least he got Whataburger damnit

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

I would like to see this happen just to see everyone bag on Satya for his "every. single. year." post re: Raymond.

Somebody posted a timeline of the whole two times he has been approached and that only last a couple of days each time. The fact that we are on week 2 of him being a possibility means the interest is very real

I wish I could say they were homemade but time is critical this week and they were the frozen bagged chicken fajitas. Really, not too bad when you throw some spices in there. Low carb tortillas fucking suck and should be illegal but I'm giving this whole "diet" thing the old college try.
no such thing as chicken fajitas. ug nasty.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Didn’t Mac Jones start in 2019 when Tua missed a ton of games?

If so, does he have more starts than Tua? (While also being much taller, having two more years in the film room and two healthy hips.)

Tua was the leading passer in 9 games and Jones was the leading passer in 4. So not equal time, but Jones got snaps in some of Tua’s games. 

He also seems to have a “student of the game” vibe, and not just because he’s white. He waited, waited, learned the game, filled in the void, the got the keys and performed exceptionally well. 

He may be a reach as a first rounder, but he seems to have future starter potential and won’t be an attitude question. 

0CA6EDB0-B8AD-4AE9-9692-468AD719008D.jpeg

Just now, MrPhlegm said:
1 hour ago, ElChupacabra said:
I wish I could say they were homemade but time is critical this week and they were the frozen bagged chicken fajitas. Really, not too bad when you throw some spices in there. Low carb tortillas fucking suck and should be illegal but I'm giving this whole "diet" thing the old college try.

no such thing as chicken fajitas. ug nasty.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one. Steak is obviously superior but chicken in a good citrus marinade is excellent. Bacon wrapped shrimp fajitas will always be the best for me though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Octavian said:

I would like to see this happen just to see everyone bag on Satya for his "every. single. year." post re: Raymond.

We should all feel bad for Satya. If there's one thing as certain as a sunrise, it's that poor Satya probably hasn't been able to get an erection since Sark started announcing staff members. That poor motherfucker might not even be able to jerk off until Spring, and only then if there's a rash of injuries. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, jinx said:

I like how committed you are to correcting the 11 years of pain.  I usually just go with the less precise "decade."  But it is a full 11 years of futility, and no one should forget it.

Never Forget! We endured a lot.  
I really feel bad for my (just turning) 21 y.o. son who is a Junior at UT.  He got into watching the longhorn around the age of 8. So about 2008 season.  He’s endured the worst 10(11) years of Texas football probably ever preceded by a couple of good/great but disappointing seasons.  He’s still hopeful, he’s still a fan.  I think he reads this thread so... Hi Son! Some things said on surly aren’t meant for others (mom) to see.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Teamdirtyleg said:

Never Forget! We endured a lot.  
I really feel bad for my (just turning) 21 y.o. son who is a Junior at UT.  He got into watching the longhorn around the age of 8. So about 2008 season.  He’s endured the worst 10(11) years of Texas football probably ever preceded by a couple of good/great but disappointing seasons.  He’s still hopeful, he’s still a fan.  I think he reads this thread so... Hi Son! Some things said on surly aren’t meant for others (mom) to see.   

Sayeth the poster with the username Teamdirtyleg 😂

10 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

The Urban thread brought a bunch of new posters who think this is fucking 4chan for longhorns or something. I've been on the internets since 1997 and have successfully avoid seeing shit like that. It's getting to the point where this site is going to need actual moderation and shit like minimum rep to post pics. 

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

La tortilla factory low carb tortillas.............Best by far I have ever eaten, like them better than regular tortillas believe it or not. I despise almost all low carb tortillas TBH.

The tortilla factory tortillas at Whole Foods in the refrigerated section are the tits. Best I have ever had, I dont think those are the low carb ones though.