Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Anyone willing to believe that this was just a hoax or trial balloon is a fucking idiot. This fucking clown was hired and the money revolted, and they should have. And I don't mean, one BMD had a problem. Since last night, shit apparently went fucking nuts for CDC and Hartzell, and it should have.

I just went through about 10 pages happily negging any idiot trying to rationalize the Stoops hire. @Hank_Hill and @closetohumping were stars of the show with their abject stupidity on the pages from 285-292/3. Just some epically bad shit. I thought watching people defend the Watson hire at the time, or the Horny hire ("oh Shaggy posters, what's the big deal with hiring a rape orchestrator anyway?"), or the Valai hire was nauseating and unbelievable, but there were actually people on this thread basically already parroting "trust Sark". No thanks. 

This was an orchestrated hire by Sarkisian, and it is a fucking problem. We saw Strong do this with Shawn Watson. Herman hired Horny, but he wasn't trying to pull one over. He was just oblivious and wound up surprised that there was blowback but stuck with his guy anyway. I am sick and fucking tired of watching average intelligence-level men elevated to a position of power and feeling like they can do whatever the fuck they want, even with an entire fanbase in revolt, because they think they're smarter than everybody else.

Football isn't a complicated enterprise. Tracking coaching personnel and performance isn't complicated either. There are mountains of information freely available regarding these coaches and their work history and personal lives. We don't have access to what happens inside a program's walls, but that's it for the limits. People funding this fucking enterprise and making Sarkisian, Strong, and Herman rich beyond their wildest dreams aren't morons or clueless. Almost everyone involved is smarter than any one of those three imbeciles. Fuck Sarkisian for this stupid shit and fuck any of you willing to play the clown and buy into the premise that the dude didn't have an offer. Fuck Del Conte for letting his idiot employee attempt to pull this off, especially after they both were counseled weeks ago that Stoops couldn't be a part of the fucking plan. Going through motherfucking Zooms and kissing babies all the while knowing you were going to show us with your last hire. Motherfucking shitbag.

Tough break for @OnAComputer and his boys, as having Stoops inside the walls of Bellmont would have been a real coup for them.

I'm certainly not disputing it, but if this was not a trial balloon, leaking it in the middle of the night seems like just about the worst way to try to get this thing through.  Give everyone an entire night to freak out without any possibility of it being officially confirmed or denied.

Just talked to someone who is inside Moncrief every day. Says there was no way Stoops was ever offered. Not in a million years. 

This was mostly a Bama 9.95-er (and Stoops?) troll job and the stupid ass Texas 9.95-ers like @OnAComputer ran with it to be “first.” Says some players are starting to get pretty annoyed and upset with how Texas media is always trying to undermine and sabotage the program at every turn. General sentiment is that is might be costing them money in the NFL.

Not a great look for recruiting. Again, fucking fuck all these 9.95-ers.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 21

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

I'm certainly not disputing it, but if this was not a trial balloon, leaking it in the middle of the night seems like just about the worst way to try to get this thing through.  Give everyone an entire night to freak out without any possibility of it being officially confirmed or denied.

Texas didn't leak anything.

• Hook 'Em 1

It got leaked from Bama side, not Texas. That is the key difference. 

15 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Anyone willing to believe that this was just a hoax or trial balloon is a fucking idiot. This fucking clown was hired and the money revolted, and they should have. And I don't mean, one BMD had a problem. Since last night, shit apparently went fucking nuts for CDC and Hartzell, and it should have.

I just went through about 10 pages happily negging any idiot trying to rationalize the Stoops hire. @Hank_Hill and @closetohumping were stars of the show with their abject stupidity on the pages from 285-292/3. Just some epically bad shit. I thought watching people defend the Watson hire at the time, or the Horny hire ("oh Shaggy posters, what's the big deal with hiring a rape orchestrator anyway?"), or the Valai hire was nauseating and unbelievable, but there were actually people on this thread basically already parroting "trust Sark". No thanks. 

This was an orchestrated hire by Sarkisian, and it is a fucking problem. We saw Strong do this with Shawn Watson. Herman hired Horny, but he wasn't trying to pull one over. He was just oblivious and wound up surprised that there was blowback but stuck with his guy anyway. I am sick and fucking tired of watching average intelligence-level men elevated to a position of power and feeling like they can do whatever the fuck they want, even with an entire fanbase in revolt, because they think they're smarter than everybody else.

Football isn't a complicated enterprise. Tracking coaching personnel and performance isn't complicated either. There are mountains of information freely available regarding these coaches and their work history and personal lives. We don't have access to what happens inside a program's walls, but that's it for the limits. People funding this fucking enterprise and making Sarkisian, Strong, and Herman rich beyond their wildest dreams aren't morons or clueless. Almost everyone involved is smarter than any one of those three imbeciles. Fuck Sarkisian for this stupid shit and fuck any of you willing to play the clown and buy into the premise that the dude didn't have an offer. Fuck Del Conte for letting his idiot employee attempt to pull this off, especially after they both were counseled weeks ago that Stoops couldn't be a part of the fucking plan. Going through motherfucking Zooms and kissing babies all the while knowing you were going to show us with your last hire. Motherfucking shitbag.

Tough break for @OnAComputer and his boys, as having Stoops inside the walls of Bellmont would have been a real coup for them.

So I typically like your posts, but I do have a question....

You literally posted on the recruiting board at the same time that all this hit the fan....yet you were radio silent until 14 minutes ago and now you know everything that went down and everyone else who spent time trying to figure out how Sark could put together the rest of the staff and then lump Mike Stoops on that the end and rationalize all this was posting...........and now you are going to come and criticize people trying to figure out what the hell was going on while you said jack squat.

If this was happening as you present....it would have been nice to have some confirmation that it was rather then absolutely nothing from you on the matter.

That is some Nahlin level 9.95 posting there my friend.

Look I like your posts typically but literally there was 1 report out there reporting this was happening and everyone else who reported it was literally parroted the twit in Alabama who Bama fans claim is Mike Stoop's mouth piece.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, 9.95-ers suck ass said:

Just talked to someone who is inside Moncrief every day. Says there was no way Stoops was ever offered. Not in a million years. 

This was mostly a Bama 9.95-er (and Stoops?) troll job and the stupid ass Texas 9.95-ers like @OnAComputer ran with it to be “first.” Says some players are starting to get pretty annoyed and upset with how Texas media is always trying to undermine and sabotage the program at every turn. General sentiment is that is might be costing them money in the NFL.

This is a weird schtick

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, 9.95-ers suck ass said:

Caddox?  You been down at the deer lease?

• Haha 1

That's what stands out to me the most.  The midnight report coming out of Bama.  Sounds like the reporter went and got some bar stories.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TexasRenegade said:

You literally posted on the recruiting board at the same time that all this hit the fan....yet you were radio silent until 14 minutes ago and now you know everything that went down and everyone else who spent time trying to figure out how Sark could put together the rest of the staff and then lump Mike Stoops on that the end and rationalize all this was posting...........and now you are going to come and criticize people trying to figure out what the hell was going on while you said jack squat.

If this was happening as you present....it would have been nice to have some confirmation that it was rather then absolutely nothing from you on the matter.

Look I like your posts typically but literally there was 1 report out there reporting this was happening and everyone else who reported it was literally parroted the twit in Alabama who Bama fans claim is Mike Stoop's mouth piece.

Meme Dis Gonna B Gud GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

share jericho GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mdmost said:

I love you, ctj, but this seems a tab bit excessive. He's hired great at every single position so far. I don't think trying to bring in Stoops is some black mark that should forever be held against him. I'd imagine some thought exactly the same way about Sark as we do about Stoops at some of the stops he was brought into after USC. 

There's a huge difference between bringing Sark - considered a good coach and possibly sober alcoholic - into Bama's established halfway house for wayward coaches as analyst and bringing Stoops - a raging asshole and shitty coach - into a place you're trying to get started off on the right foot as an actual coach.

It's particularly troubling if you take into account that he/CDC were told, "Not just no, but fuck no," and tried to do it anyway.

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah and the Bama guy has been linked to floating Stoop's name before (for jobs he didn't get) and Stoops is his source on things in the past according to Bama people.

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So we are to believe the one dude in AL knew and no one else got wind of it? Seems like was made up then. Like Sark called to talk with him possibly about his candidates and the guy ran with Sark hiring Stoops for last open position

11 minutes ago, bejezuz said:

I guess Sark learned the length of his leash the hard way.  At least it didn't cost us anything.  

Easy for you to say. A lot of us suffered plenty. You didn't have to do surgeries stoned to the bejezuz.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Are you fucking kidding me? Not a good look is Stoops coaching at Texas. Not allowing this hire to happen proves there are some checks and balances to pure lunacy. 

And that those checks and balances are totally necessary.

Still want to believe this was bullshit, but it's getting harder.

4 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Comparing me to Nahlin is a low, low blow, sir.

I don't fully follow this post. I don't get paid $9.95 by anyone here. I don't have some sort of implied obligation to keep anyone informed, and never will. I pass on what I know, if I do in fact hear something, when I can and when I am available.

I argued briefly a couple of times last night on the recruiting board while females had left the restaurant table to powder their nose. I was at a business dinner after helping my company close on the purchase of a company yesterday. We were getting schmittied. I saw the Stoops stuff, had text strings blowing up, saw the Surly shrieking, and decided to check out, get drunk with my coworkers in celebration, and act like the Stoops nonsense never happened. I had a great fucking evening.

I woke up this morning to see so much shit flying in so many different directions that I again checked out completely until I could actually follow the concept that this was real life and Mike Stoops was about to be an LB coach at Texas. By the time I was finished talking and reading, everything had changed again.

I guess you can always unsubscribe to my newsletter if my temporary insouciance caused additional stress during your day/evening. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Sheep Have Wool said:

There's a huge difference between bringing Sark - considered a good coach and possibly sober alcoholic - into Bama's established halfway house for wayward coaches as analyst and bringing Stoops - a raging asshole and shitty coach - into a place you're trying to get started off on the right foot as an actual coach.

It's particularly troubling if you take into account that he/CDC were told, "Not just no, but fuck no," and tried to do it anyway.

I guess I'm just not getting that bent out of shape over a position coach hire when we got one of the best DCs out there. I'll leave that to others. 

• Hook 'Em 4

16 minutes ago, 9.95-ers suck ass said:

can we crowdsource this shitty troll?

tenor.gif
  1. Zenitz isn't a 9.95er, he works for al.com and even a minor search would show you that
  2. @OnAComputer personally hasn't said shit about it, the site he works for did and that was Super K specifically (to be clear, he isn't Super K)
  3. is your issue with 9.95ers or is your issue with the media (AAS, etc) - because even then there are a handful of folks who love fucking shit up - FCB, Fat Ketch, etc. not all of them are there to just muddy shit up but you know that
  4. undermining the program wouldn't cost them money. that would be the former coaching staff who shit talked them to scouts. and them for underperforming

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

• Hook 'Em 3

Heck even if it was close to going down, which I am still dubious on:

--SuperK literally said he doesn't know if his source is legit---its like Nahlin saying he knows the DC but can't share it yet but it's awesome.....If his source is Stoops as has been reported, then he is reporting it without actually believing it...otherwise why the need for the "Not sure if true" statement.

--The only actual report was some hack in bama who is regarded to some extent as being linked to Stoops and has supposedly inaccurately floated his name in the past for jobs.

--Every other report parroted this jackwagon and was heavily cached in terms of "we are hearing", "we expect", "reportedly", etc.  Not one single twit in the sports media business except this tool none of us had heard from before last night could find any confirmation?  The squid, rapgamelarry, bevoboulevard, and ceddyb would like a word with him.

--The only actual reporting on this from the Texas side was a mild tweet from B. Davis and FCB that Sark had told them Stoops wasn't going to be the coach....

--Let me remind you that Bohls and Golden basically declared Jihad on CDC 2 weeks ago.  If you actually believe those 2 wouldn't have gotten wind of this, or gotten the info on what happened and used it to smear CDC......you are kidding yourselves.

So again, I don't believe the reports it was actually happening.

But...if it was....as much as I detest Mike Stoops as a human being, and think he would have been a horrible hire, he is still a better LB coach than 90% of Herman's staff and 85% of Strong's were and nobody said squat to prevent any of those idiotic hires.  So either Sark is more aware of the world he is coaching in, more open to feedback, or doesn't think he is infallible to the point he can't admit a mistake on a coach.....All are improvements and good signs to me regarding where we are.  It is certainly an improvement over at least the past 4 head coaches....I can't recall if McWilliams thought he was infallible or not.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

--SuperK literally said he doesn't know if his source is legit---its like Nahlin saying he knows the DC but can't share it yet but it's awesome.....If his source is Stoops as has been reported, then he is reporting it without actually believing it...otherwise why the need for the "Not sure if true" statement.

--The only actual report was some hack in bama who is regarded to some extent as being linked to Stoops and has supposedly inaccurately floated his name in the past for jobs.

--Every other report parroted this jackwagon and was heavily cached in terms of "we are hearing", "we expect", "reportedly", etc.  Not one single twit in the sports media business except this tool none of us had heard from before last night could find any confirmation?  The squid, rapgamelarry, bevoboulevard, and ceddyb would like a word with him.

--The only actual reporting on this from the Texas side was a mild tweet from B. Davis and FCB that Sark had told them Stoops wasn't going to be the coach....

--Let me remind you that Bohls and Golden basically declared Jihad on CDC 2 weeks ago.  If you actually believe those 2 wouldn't have gotten wind of this, or gotten the info on what happened and used it to smear CDC......you are kidding yourselves.

But...if it was....as much as I detest Mike Stoops as a human being, and think he would have been a horrible hire, he is still a better LB coach than 90% of Herman's staff and 85% of Strong's were and nobody said squat to prevent any of those idiotic hires.  So either Sark is more aware of the world he is coaching in, more open to feedback, or doesn't think he is infallible to the point he can't admit a mistake on a coach.....All are improvements and good signs to me regarding where we are.  It is certainly an improvement over at least the past 4 head coaches....I can't recall if McWilliams thought he was infallible or not.

Nothing mild about those tweets.  They both said their sources were Sark.  And Davis tweeted at 6 am?  Yeah Sark wanted to put out the fire.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

If I am to remain consistent, then I for sure follow this. After it had gone on a couple of hours last night I had mentioned that I wanted further confirmation. Same as I have been with other reports (specifically from AAS). 

But there was a lot of smoke prior around Sark and Stoops. Also some around CDC and Stoops prior to last night and this morning, so I wouldn't doubt it if they had tried to at least give him a test. 

either way crisis avoided. I won't throw out all of the nailing the fuck out of the staff up to this point to one possible fuckup, as big as it may be, but I'm far more on alert than I was, I admit. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, closetohumping said:

Nothing mild about those tweets.  They both said their sources were Sark.  And Davis tweeted at 6 am?  Yeah Sark wanted to put out the fire.  

No, it was a mild tweet at 8am not 6am.  Simple statement to Davis. Not some giant damage control release or something like that.

7 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

You’re way off base here. Super K later confirmed there was an offer, and the outrage over Stoops is not just that he’s a terrible coach, but that he’s cancerous to the program. Players hate him, other coaches tend to as well, and he’s big on partying it up and doesn’t just stop at alcohol. That is the last thing Sark needs around him right now. The outrage of this hire is because it would be a terrible hire on multiple levels, some that would go far beyond just him doing a poor job with his position. 

mans your idea that Bohls and Golden would have learned of anything between 11 PM and 6 AM might be the most outlandish thing in this entire post. Kurt doesn’t even really work from 9-5, let alone after hours. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

I was with you until this. Brian Jean-Mary and Coleman Hutzler were both astronomically better than anything Stoops would be able to field. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He kind of did though.  First tried to hire him as DC but that was shot down - then tried to sneak him through as a LB coach.  We'll see if he goes for the triple and tries to bring him on as an analyst.

Not a popular take but I wouldn't care if he came in as an analyst. The one good thing I can say about Casey Horny was that fucker was put in a dark room somewhere and never heard from for 3 years. If that happened to Stoops I wouldn't really care.

12 minutes ago, NoName said:

can we crowdsource this shitty troll?

tenor.gif
  1. Zenitz isn't a 9.95er, he works for al.com and even a minor search would show you that
  2. @OnAComputer personally hasn't said shit about it, the site he works for did and that was Super K specifically (to be clear, he isn't Super K)
  3. is your issue with 9.95ers or is your issue with the media (AAS, etc) - because even then there are a handful of folks who love fucking shit up - FCB, Fat Ketch, etc. not all of them are there to just muddy shit up but you know that
  4. undermining the program wouldn't cost them money. that would be the former coaching staff who shit talked them to scouts. and them for underperforming

go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

I’m just reporting what I’m hearing from current and former players. They think these 9.95-er guys are creepy as fuck the way they follow their every second of their lives like tour groupies. They want to be important and on the inside so they can be cool.

No Texas player (especially these days) wants to talk to some frat boy looking douche who is annoying as fuck. In addition to Baizer, EJ Holland is another example of someone who had no business around Texas football- in any capacity.

As a program, we’ve got to keep these fuckers far away moving forward. The misinformation campaign that has been going on for nearly a decade now is a constant problem for every new coaching regime. 

It needs to fucking stop now. Time to grow up 9.95-ers. It’s 2021.

Edited by 9.95-ers suck ass
  • Fuck You 23

Just now, TankedBevo said:

I was with you until this. Brian Jean-Mary and Coleman Hutzler were both astronomically better than anything Stoops would be able to field. 

Yes but I am speaking to the totality of the original staffs, not just lb coaches.  Hutzler wasn't included in that.  BJM was the one coach on Strong that I truly liked other than OL coach who was a complete disaster.

1 minute ago, 9.95-ers suck ass said:

I’m just reporting what I’m hearing from current and former players. They think these 9.95-er guys are creepy as fuck the way they follow their every second of their lives like tour groupies. They want to be important and on the inside so they can be cool.

No Texas player (especially these days) wants to talk to some frat boy looking douche who is annoying as fuck. In addition to Baizer, EJ Holland is another example of someone who has no business around Texas football- in any capacity.

As a program, we’ve got to keep these fuckers far away moving forward. The misinformation campaign that has been going on for nearly a decade now is a constant problem for every new regime. 

It needs to fucking stop now.

I'll agree they're creepy and annoying.

But every program has them, and major helmet schools have an overabundance of them.  This is nothing unique to Texas.  

• Hook 'Em 1