The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

11 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I'll believe when I see it. McConnell is duplicitous enough that I can't take anything that gets leaked about him doing the right thing seriously. 

McConnell is right on time. He used the doofus to get what he wanted and now can purge him from ever running for anything again while “appearing” blameless to his madness. If anyone says shit he can be like “but, but... I helped impeach him! (On his last day after enabling him his entire term)”

Edited by Doc Reeves

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, you know, nothing to see here.  From Telegram:

Erj2qXaU0AEwOZI?format=png&name=900x900

Erj4JMoVoAAesGA?format=png&name=900x900

These guys ARE making it more likely that we'll see one of their fantasies come true: the US military deployed inside our own borders.

Anyone want to bet on how many dead politicians we have within the next 100 days?  I'm thinking I set the over/under at 6.  That's probably low, but hey, I'm clearly an optimist.

well, they are party right. I would like to see their futures destroyed...

and, although I’m not proud of it, the people who killed the officer just a teensy weensy bit tortured, but only by other prisoners. 

No way Mitch the Bitch said that, and I'm sure he'll publicly say otherwise soon enough. He may hate trump but republicans need his cult to stay in office, which is why they either kiss his ass, or when he does something truly heinous, blow it off as not that bad.

Just now, 'stache said:

No way Mitch the Bitch said that, and I'm sure he'll publicly say otherwise soon enough. He may hate trump but republicans need his cult to stay in office, which is why they either kiss his ass, or when he does something truly heinous, blow it off as not that bad.

Mitch just got six more years and he's already in the minority. Also he hates Trump and Trump just tried to have him killed, so I'm sure he figures his revenge is worth the cost. He'll be perfectly fine fucking shit up for Dems from the minority, which is his favorite thing to do anyway.

6 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I'm sure Mitch expects Trump to run into a whole lot of legal trouble very soon, and for his cult to start pretending they never supported him, similar to when Nixon resigned.

This is a point my husband was making, but that cult segment is super hardcore. You know how Roger Stone has that Nixon tattoo? I'd like to know just how many Trump tattoos there are out there. Actually, maybe I don't...but it would be something sociologists might.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

This is a point my husband was making, but that cult segment is super hardcore. You know how Roger Stone has that Nixon tattoo? I'd like to know just how many Trump tattoos there are out there. Actually, maybe I don't...but it would be something sociologists might.

Just look at the percentage of Republicans who support the insane notion that there was a massive conspiracy to steal the election, and Biden is in no way the duly elected POTUS.  It's over 70%.

They can't be saved.  They can't be reasoned with.  Fuck 'em.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Yeah, social media will make it much harder for anyone to pretend they never supported Trump, and most of these people would die before admitting they were wrong. It's a real problem that we might not be rid of in our lifetimes.

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Covid has sped that up like nothing else.  Getting rid of business travel and lowering fares has attracted the rubes to airports like flies to shit.  I've always thought flying private was a pretty big waste of fucking money but it's starting to look like a prudent move.  

I've only flown private jet once. Gulfstream. At least I think it was a jet but it didn't have propellors like Jenna's jet. Belonged to a friend's uncle who was a billionaire in Dallas, had an Amish-looking beard. Probably a few Surly lawyers worked for him. Nice guy.

Anyway, it was a great experience especially since I didn't pay for any of it. Once we got to Dallas I switched to Southwest for the last leg. I like Southwest, but going from the Gulfstream to Southwest felt like eating the first course in the finest restaurant you couldn't afford, then the second course is digging through a garbage can in the alley.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

I'll believe when I see it. McConnell is duplicitous enough that I can't take anything that gets leaked about him doing the right thing seriously. 

28 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Mitch just got six more years and he's already in the minority. Also he hates Trump and Trump just tried to have him killed, so I'm sure he figures his revenge is worth the cost. He'll be perfectly fine fucking shit up for Dems from the minority, which is his favorite thing to do anyway.

Trump, Hawley, and Cruz are now costing Mitch and Co. (the GOP) lots of corporate and BMD donations.

And Donnie and his boys have promised to primary any and all Republicans who didn't explicitly endorse them last week, which easily reduces Mitch's power even more, and make it harder for Mitch to try and retake the Senate (and McCarthy the House).

Plenty of Trump's fans also loathe Mitch for having acknowledged Biden as Prez last month.  Those people lost their shit on FR, TexAgs, twitter, etc.  

I can't even decide what is pissing off Mitch more - losing the campaign donations and BMDs, or Trump and Sons promising to kick plenty of Republicans out of Congress, who are loyal to Mitch.

Mitch is not pleased in any way whatsoever.  If he is given a clean chance to clear out Trump from running again, and/or weaken the Trumpanzees, he will take it.  I could easily see him being quite happy with Hawley and Cruz getting the boot as well.

2 hours ago, NAVY said:

Talking about sedition and conspiracy now 

2 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Already talking about sedition. 

The only real "sedition" crime left on the federal books is "Seditious Conspiracy."

In the past, think "alien and sedition acts," sedition statutes come close to criminalizing speech and have been affirmatively misused to violate civil rights.

Thus, we are left with 18 USC 2384, which requires both a conspiracy (agreement among two or more) and generally action beyond speech.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

Conspiracy itself is not a crime.  It is a conspiracy to do something criminal.  Except Hugo's favorite catch all crime, conspiracy against the US.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/371

The panoply of treason, insurrection, and sedition crimes are here.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

Because proving conspiracy requires identifiying the conspirators and developing proof of the conspiracy, you can't get that off photos and videos and will take some time.

The delay probably has little to do with pardoning, because if Trump were inclined to pardon ahead of conviction, he'd just say all federal offenses occurring prior to January 6, or January 20 or whatever, like the Nixon pardon.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Wait, in their fucked up, delusional world Abbott is a Democrat? Wtf. Next argument from "Patriots", these assholes will say water is not wet.

Masks.  Literally a bunch of the Trumpers hate Abbott with a passion because of masks.  And shut downs, but it seems like mostly masks.

• Rage+1 1

34 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

West looks like he could take out any two of the warriors in a stand-up fight. And West doesn't look like he's in top shape.

One of them is almost as fat as he is tall. You think it's funny, but show some decency by considering how difficult it is finding tactical pants in those dimensions. 

Edited by Chooky
tased my own dick and balls while typing
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

or marine biologists

• Rage+1 1

23 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The only real "sedition" crime left on the federal books is "Seditious Conspiracy."

In the past, think "alien and sedition acts," sedition statutes come close to criminalizing speech and have been affirmatively misused to violate civil rights.

Thus, we are left with 18 USC 2384, which requires both a conspiracy (agreement among two or more) and generally action beyond speech.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

Conspiracy itself is not a crime.  It is a conspiracy to do something criminal.  Except Hugo's favorite catch all crime, conspiracy against the US.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/371

The panoply of treason, insurrection, and sedition crimes are here.  https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/part-I/chapter-115

Because proving conspiracy requires identifiying the conspirators and developing proof of the conspiracy, you can't get that off photos and videos and will take some time.

The delay probably has little to do with pardoning, because if Trump were inclined to pardon ahead of conviction, he'd just say all federal offenses occurring prior to January 6, or January 20 or whatever, like the Nixon pardon.

Not an atty myself, but greatly appreciate the legal lens of the surly community. Thank you for making me smarter-er

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

Seriously this Trump crowd just keeps coming with the greatest hits.  Facing consequences at work, on social media, book publishers, etc.  The 1st Amendment does not protect you from shit like that.  

Y'all are real constitutional scholars when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, and your originalist knowledge takes a real curious nosedive after that.  

Show up to any Capitol next Wednesday with pithy and accurate sign, maybe give an interview, and you will be celebrated by your mentally challenged minions.  

But Fuck Around Beyond That.  And You'll be Found Out.  

If they get nailed with felonies and lose the right to bear arms, all because they felt like they had to protect their right to bear arms.....

93cdda3f3ded29563c371d1dcd2c58e1.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Seen some singe older people walking around Alamo heights and down by Lincoln Heights H-E-B carrying an American flag with a pistol in an ostentatious holster.  Just walking down the sidewalk with a weird look on their face. Kinda a “fuck you” smirk. 
it’s really unsettling. 

Walk up to them and quietly say "there is a storm coming".

When they get all eager and anxious and want to start babbling 90 miles an hour, say "no seriously, there is a storm coming, you all will get rained on if you stay out here."

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

She seems nice. 

I AM EMOTIONAL! I'M OUTRAGED! FUCK YOU! YOU WORK FOR ME! I DON'T WORK FOR YOU; YOU WORK FOR ME! WE'RE COMING FOR YOU IN YOUR HOMES BECAUSE WE ARE THE REAL AMERICANS! (Followed by the usual stream of lies about past events.)

The body politic has some malignant cells. Time for chemotherapy.

Washington Post

By 

Spencer S. Hsu, 

Keith L. Alexander and 

Shayna Jacobs

Jan. 12, 2021 at 3:57 p.m. CST

Add to list

The Justice Department and FBI have created a sedition and conspiracy task force to pursue charges against participants in the storming of the U.S. Capitol and are investigating any links to domestic or foreign instigators, officials said Tuesday.

The investigation, one of the largest ever undertaken by the department, includes counterterrorism and counterintelligence facets and has charged more than 70 individuals and identified 170 suspects to date, acting U.S. attorney Michael R. Sherwin of D.C. said. Those arrest figures are expected to increase into the hundreds, if not “exponentially.”

But Sherwin and Steven D’Antuono, head of the FBI’s Washington Field Office, said any impression that prosecutors have mostly charged misdemeanor Capitol trespassing and D.C. curfew offenses is misleading. They said the cases are only the beginning and that U.S. authorities are investigating everything including the plundering of congressional offices and digital devices, assaults on law enforcement officers, theft of national security and defense information, in addition to felony murder and excessive use of force.

snip

“People are going to be shocked with egregious activity in the Capitol,” Sherwin said, citing video footage and witness accounts that have not been made public. “No resources of the FBI or the U.S. attorney’s office will be untapped to determine if there was command and control, how it operated and how it executed these activities.”

For the first time in a long time, I'm sort of atingle with the notion that everything isn't totally fucked. C'mon, FBI. Go get 'em.

Same for the Joint Chiefs.

Same for the Secret Service. 

Find them. Charge them. Prosecute and punish them to the full extent of the law.

Please be true.

As for the woman shouting at Schumer, determine if she is making a threat and round her up, too. Jail or a public apology plus community service in Harlem if she's broken the law.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Friend of mine is a TX legislator.  Reporting from the TX Capitol today (with pics) that there is a HEAVY DPS presence, and they are strapped for battle.  I don't know if the numbers would ultimately be enough if there's a large-scale attack, but there are definitely enough to repel several hundred folks with bad intentions.

Yes, we live in a world where our active legislative buildings require heavily armed guards ready for battle.

This is fine.

Why 'This Is Fine' Is the Meme This Year Deserves - The New York Times

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

are we great again yet? I feel like we're close

Jesus. And for 21 years Republicans have refused to do anything about school shootings. These young Americans are going to be in power one day, and at that point they're going to do something about it.

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Washington Post

For the first time in a long time, I'm sort of atingle with the notion that everything isn't totally fucked. C'mon, FBI. Go get 'em.

Same for the Joint Chiefs.

Same for the Secret Service. 

Find them. Charge them. Prosecute and punish them to the full extent of the law.

Please be true.

As for the woman shouting at Schumer, determine if she is making a threat and round her up, too. Jail or a public apology plus community service in Harlem if she's broken the law.

@Brisketexan are you willing to maybe take one foot off the ledge and poke it through the window?

DOJ is going hard in the paint on the Trump supporters.  When they are done, those motherfuckers won't be able to fly, won't be able to own a gun or have a decent job.

Joint Chiefs jointly, and very publicly, announced that they support the Constitution and Rule of Law. 

Secret Service is booting out Trumpers who are a threat.  So is the military.

Texas DPS showed up in "Fuck around and find out" mode when a bunch of these "patriots" wanted to get together at our Capitol.

And all the while, Trump is not able to be stirring shit up, 140 characters at a time.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

@Brisketexan are you willing to maybe take one foot off the ledge and poke it through the window?

DOJ is going hard in the paint on the Trump supporters.  When they are done, those motherfuckers won't be able to fly, won't be able to own a gun or have a decent job.

Joint Chiefs jointly, and very publicly, announced that they support the Constitution and Rule of Law. 

Secret Service is booting out Trumpers who are a threat.  So is the military.

Texas DPS showed up in "Fuck around and find out" mode when a bunch of these "patriots" wanted to get together at our Capitol.

And all the while, Trump is not able to be stirring shit up, 140 characters at a time.

Nope, not yet.  Not even close.

DOJ going hard in paint?  We'll see.  If all they grab is the dumbass foot soldiers, then that's a half measure.

Joint Chiefs announcing that the military should expect to follow the Constitution?  Here's what that means -- they felt like that NEEDED to be said.  Holy fuck.

Is the Secret Service really doing that?  How many fifth columnists are in there?  How many will not protect Biden if push comes to shove?  The fact that this even needs to be a process means that we've lost.

DPS showed up in good numbers....again, we needed them to do that.  Not good.  And how many of them are fifth columnists?  How do you feel about that?

Trump not being on Twitter is the biggest bright side here.  I'll give you that.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

I and my beloved were talking about Mitch's supposed gladness. He leads a GOP faced with a choice of losing a testicle and one leg or both testicles and both legs. He likely was not part of the sedition and insurrection. Maybe he hopes to hold some part of the party together that neither splits off with Trump or is killed by those who split off with Trump.

The data must be black as night for the GOPs.

The GOP's only hope for some sort of rehabilitation if this conspiracy is as broad as it appears to be would be to turn on Trumpism even if it's too late.

But I'm an idiot when it comes to predicting what will happen. I do think I may have hit on some of the why it may happen.

1 hour ago, Ted Lange said:

The GOP is a massive criminal organization which made its most desperate move to avoid prison. I can't think of another reason for such extreme action. They have something much more at risk than being out of office.

The FBI's sedition investigation and perhaps follow through on the Russian investigation blows it wide open. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Trump just cost the republicans Georgia and control of the Senate. Mitch wants Trump eliminated as a future threat so he will do whatever he can to accomplish that.

• Hook 'Em 1