The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

4 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Continuing the trend of finding myself in agreement with b_t an obnoxious number of times recently, he's right. These congresspeople aren't going to bring their nine into the chamber and start shooting libtards in the open on CCTV. Lauren Boebert and the other jackoffs with guns just won two years of almost unlimited grift and brand-building. They are profit-at-all-cost shitheels, like almost every politician, not true believers. Chill out.

While you may be right, fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Continuing the trend of finding myself in agreement with b_t an obnoxious number of times recently, he's right. These congresspeople aren't going to bring their nine into the chamber and start shooting libtards in the open on CCTV. Lauren Boebert and the other jackoffs with guns just won two years of almost unlimited grift and brand-building. They are profit-at-all-cost shitheels, like almost every politician, not true believers. Chill out.

i don't think the metal detectors were placed there due to suspicious congressmen.  i think they were placed there because there was a once-a-century type of event that happened last week and people died.

when the metal detectors went up at schools after a shooting, do you think the people who had them installed thought the timing was good, or maybe a little late?

when did noah build the arc?  before the rain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't think the metal detectors were placed there due to suspicious congressmen.  i think they were placed there because there was a once-a-century type of event that happened last week and people died.

when the metal detectors went up at schools after a shooting, do you think the people who had them installed thought the timing was good, or maybe a little late?

when did noah build the arc?  before the rain.

Yeah I mean I have zero problem with metal detectors in government buildings. I can't go into the Austin courthouse strapped, for good reason. But it's purely a "for show" measure. It's useless to have it in there for congresspeople, and in a situation like last week, the mob isn't going to stop and put their purse through the metal detector. They are attention whoring and the metal detectors enable them to do that. I think the correct response to these morons is to ignore them and blow them off.

But I'm not really complaining about the metal detectors, I don't really care.  I'm just pointing out that, despite recent events, having a legitimate fear that Lauren Boebert is going to walk into the chamber and shoot Nancy Pelosi is just a bit, um, let's go with unrealistic.

Edited by BradInATX

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

Yeah I mean I have zero problem with metal detectors in government buildings. I can't go into the Austin courthouse strapped, for good reason. But it's purely a "for show" measure. It's useless to have it in there for congresspeople, and in a situation like last week, the mob isn't going to stop and put their purse through the metal detector. They are attention whoring and the metal detectors enable them to do that. 

But I'm not really complaining about the metal detectors, I don't really care.  I'm just pointing out that, despite recent events, having a legitimate fear that Lauren Boebert is going to walk into the chamber and shoot Nancy Pelosi is just a bit, uh, unlikely.

When aggy built their south end zone addition it started deflecting vertically when the students jumped on it to a song, enter sandman I believe or something similar.

This basically meant it was unstable at certain deflection points and had been engineered for 30k sitting on it, not jumping on it.

The engineers at aggy concluded it collapse as “unlikely” which I have no doubt that’s as true. But if it were to collapse, 30k people would die. so they corrected it.

This metal detector bullshit is a similar situation. Just fucking walk through it. Is that so hard?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

This metal detector bullshit is a similar situation. Just fucking walk through it. Is that so hard?

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more with this.

But it was inevitable that a handful of them wouldn't just walk through, and would use it as a publicity stunt. They don't actually give a shit about bringing guns into the chamber, they just want the attention, and we've given it to them.

20 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

counterpoint:

Boebert comes across a better looking fitlump

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Don't get me wrong, I couldn't agree more with this.

But it was inevitable that a handful of them wouldn't just walk through, and would use it as a publicity stunt. They don't actually give a shit about bringing guns into the chamber, they just want the attention, and we've given it to them.

Good, and we can all see who the dumb dumbs are

*but also keep in mind a few are hardcore Q members. They don't live in our reality. At this point, I don't think they even care about America because "the plan" is all that matters. This is true mental illness..... now loaded with a gun..... sitting in the same room with their sworn enemies. This is American martyrdom. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

we shouldn't be doing things or not doing things based on how stupid republicans might react. 

come on, dude.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I mean, if I was a Congresscritter I would have serious issues trusting the organization that had and almost certainly still has members who are not only sympathetic but also likely complicit in letting a violent mob of terrorists in to try and kill me still in their ranks.

Bit they will totally protect you now. No need for any personal insurance.

I don’t actually think anyone is going to shoot the place up. I also didn’t think that the trump protest march would ever actually get into the Capitol and turn into an insurrection. I really don’t think that any Senator would do anything physically crazy. I do think that in terms of overall sanity, intelligence, stability, etc the house is probably comparable to population you’d find in a suburban Target. I don’t think it would happen and I think putting metal detectors up without having a plan for deplorable shitheels was not great, but I think you do something given what has happened. Especially if representatives were a part of it and you have idiots saying they are going to pack heat on the floor.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

Boy howdy the DT equivalent thread is something else. Holy fuck there are a lot of dissembling cucks over there. 

thanks for reminding me its there. I had a peek. nonstop victimhood. not shocking considering its still like 3 or 4 of the same victims yelling at everyone else over and over

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

we shouldn't be doing things or not doing things based on how stupid republicans might react. 

I agree 100%.

With the metal detector theater, we are giving these idiots exactly what they want. A public opportunity to virtue signal. This is a fucking campaign ad for these people. This is great for them. They have now stood up to loony Washington DC who hates guns and wants restrictions they don't even honestly believe are appropriate.

Woohoo.

So we give them a win because... what? We feel scared and our response is to say, "Let's just increase security even if it doesn't make sense."?

Do we actually believe that Congressmen are in there scared of Boebert shooting them? Or are they just pissed at her grotesquerie and ignorance? They are right to hate her, because she is fucking detestable and a moron and freak, but none of them in there think she's going to shoot them and if they do they're idiots (like Susan Collins thinking Iran was invading).

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Bad Teammate is a fuckwad.  Period.

tumblr-same-as-it-ever-was_orig.gif

Just now, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I mean, if I was a Congresscritter I would have serious issues trusting the organization that had and almost certainly still has members who are not only sympathetic but also likely complicit in letting a violent mob of terrorists in to try and kill me still in their ranks.

Bit they will totally protect you now. No need for any personal insurance.

This is an argument for Democrats to come armed.

1 minute ago, Celery Man said:

... but I think you do something given what has happened. Especially if representatives were a part of it and you have idiots saying they are going to pack heat on the floor.

Then you go through a fairly open process of determining what the real security issues are and you address them. Congressmen have been allowed to carry guns on the floor at least since 1967.

Come up with a formal process for handling it BEFORE installing the detectors and giving these freaks an opportunity to pull a stunt.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

my friend thinks Trump is going to barricade himself in the white house with 10k troops and make them come and get him.

[Architect nerd] Impossible! Based on square footage you could only fit 7857 troops in there.[/Architect nerd]

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Posted in the Republican Party thread, but needs to go here too. If true, this is easily the the biggest scandal in our nation’s history.

I didn’t think anything would top the Russia investigation but in some ways, this is a continuation of that larger conspiracy and cover up. The Republican Party has proven themselves time and time again to put Trump over country. 

Michael Flynn is knee deep in all of it too. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 2

Y’all taking about how no congresscritter would participate in violence against other members....y’all suffer from a lack of imagination, an affliction that is common among the sane.

What you need to do is start thinking “what would completely unhinged, batshit crazy people do?”, and then you’ll be on track to understand what has been happening and what may happen.

That seems simplistic, but there we are.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

With the metal detector theater, we are giving these idiots exactly what they want. A public opportunity to virtue signal. 

i think it draws attention to the shitshow coup attempt from last wednesday, but that's me.

and who am i to say which congresswoman isn't crazy enough to blah blah blah.  "it could never happen here" or "it would never come to that" needs to stop being a go-to excuse.  there are a lot of things i didn't think were necessary or i didn't think would happen, yet here we are.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, henrygandorf said:

and who am i to say which congresswoman isn't crazy enough to blah blah blah.  "it could never happen here" or "it would never come to that" needs to stop being a go-to excuse.  there are a lot of things i didn't think were necessary or i didn't think would happen, yet here we are.

Excuse for what?

Congressional members have been able to carry guns onto the floor for longer than most here have been alive. Nothing that happened Wednesday indicates that Congressional members are more of a threat to shoot colleagues than ever before.

Republicans are like spoiled, bratty children. If you're going to lay down the law to a spoiled, bratty kid you'd better have every single duck in a row and 100% ability to back up any threats.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, lemonlime said:

Someone needs to talk me off the ledge.  I think they're planning to shoot Pelosi during the impeachment vote tomorrow.  It's not like the Capitol Police are going to be searching all their offices overnight.  And now they just brought a bunch of weapons into the Capitol less than a week after the first part of the coup attempt.

I’ll talk you off. They clearly shouldn’t be doing it, but I think the more likely explanation is that they were all almost murdered by terrorists and many of the Capitol police seem useless at best or possibly in on it. I can understand feeling scared and wanting to exert some control and personal self defense by coming armed.

Armed debate is obviously a terrible idea even in sane times, but I can understand the sentiment. They all legitimately had a terrifying and traumatic experience — even those who egged it on — so we should expect some extra crazy behavior. Of course that’s just another reason to keep weapons out.

57 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Yeah I mean I have zero problem with metal detectors in government buildings. I can't go into the Austin courthouse strapped, for good reason. But it's purely a "for show" measure. It's useless to have it in there for congresspeople, and in a situation like last week, the mob isn't going to stop and put their purse through the metal detector. They are attention whoring and the metal detectors enable them to do that. I think the correct response to these morons is to ignore them and blow them off.

But I'm not really complaining about the metal detectors, I don't really care.  I'm just pointing out that, despite recent events, having a legitimate fear that Lauren Boebert is going to walk into the chamber and shoot Nancy Pelosi is just a bit, um, let's go with unrealistic.

Well, a pretty fair number of people go on the floors of the Senate and House chambers.  All kinds of aides and staff, witnesses, etc.  A congress critter might not go ballistic on another one (not sure I would bet heavily on that proposition these days), but there are some other folks maybe with less to lose.

57 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Posted in the Republican Party thread, but needs to go here too. If true, this is easily the the biggest scandal in our nation’s history.

Yes, and these congressmen that probably abetted the attempted coup are the same ones that some posters here think cannot possibly try and shoot somebody. I'm sure they would prefer the direct blood be on somebody elses hands, but they have ALREADY conspired in an attempted murder of congressmen that left people dead. When somebody shows you who they are, believe them.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Well, a pretty fair number of people go on the floors of the Senate and House chambers.  All kinds of aides and staff, witnesses, etc.  A congress critter might not go ballistic on another one (not sure I would bet heavily on that proposition these days), but there are some other folks maybe with less to lose.
Everyone else has always had to go through metal detectors. It is only Congressmen who are exempt.

1 hour ago, Grandioso said:

Hot take, coming through!

That's right, folks, in Joe Biden's America you'll have to suffer through ten seconds of safety screening to make sure none of the 100 million people brainwashed and whipped into a fury by a megalomaniacal sociopath come barging with their perfectly legal military-grade killing machines and gun down you and everyone else in the room.  Y'all gonna stand for this assault on yer freedoms?!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Never a good sign when the military and corporate America have to speak up to help certify an election because the loser launched an illegal insurgency attack on the Congressional certification process resulting in five people dead.

Well, it is their complex after all.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

I was willing to believe that the Capitol Police were mostly betrayed by their chain of command and didn’t literally have a bunch of traitors in their ranks, but this has to put that to bed. Capitol police has some treasonous fucks in their ranks and they need to be rooted out and executed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2