The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Nope, not yet.  Not even close.

DOJ going hard in paint?  We'll see.  If all they grab is the dumbass foot soldiers, then that's a half measure.

Joint Chiefs announcing that the military should expect to follow the Constitution?  Here's what that means -- they felt like that NEEDED to be said.  Holy fuck.

Is the Secret Service really doing that?  How many fifth columnists are in there?  How many will not protect Biden if push comes to shove?  The fact that this even needs to be a process means that we've lost.

DPS showed up in good numbers....again, we needed them to do that.  Not good.  And how many of them are fifth columnists?  How do you feel about that?

Trump not being on Twitter is the biggest bright side here.  I'll give you that.

It is bad that the joints chief had to say it, but it is good that they did. Reminds the rank and file of the consequences of violating their oaths. Given that reminder, the vast vast majority will not.

Your pessimism would be much more warranted if the there was reason to believe the senior ranks of the military had been infiltrated. We all know they haven’t. That’s why it was critical that trump wasn’t given another 4 years. He would have spent the next 4 years putting guys like Michael Flynn in charge of the military. He realized too late his mistake and is now virtually powerless. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Trump just cost the republicans Georgia and control of the Senate. Mitch wants Trump eliminated as a future threat so he will do whatever he can to accomplish that.

This is not proven. Both R and D turnout were the highest they’ve ever been.

My money says Mitch views this as a way to get rid of the maga cancer in the party and retain his stature til the end of his career. He’s setting himself up to be able to say he got rid of the Dotard and be the face of “rational” republicans. He’s a fucking master politician and master fuckstick. 

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

My money says Mitch views this as a way to get rid of the maga cancer in the party and retain his stature til the end of his career. He’s setting himself up to be able to say he got rid of the Dotard and be the face of “rational” republicans. He’s a fucking master politician and master fuckstick. 

I get what your saying but Trump turned Georgia Blue!

Take him off the ballot and that does not happen.  He motivates more people to vote against him than he does for him.  Dem turnout was way up nationwide.  R's need low turnout apathetic country to continue to be relevant. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I despise Moscow Mitch but respect his abilities as a politician and what my instincts and tea leaves tell me is that it is in the republicans interest to be rid of trump once and for all, at least as a viable future candidate. That means the Senate eventually convicts. We shall see. 

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Rational Republicans ain't going to win many elections for awhile.

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Rational Republicans ain't going to win many elections for awhile.

Which is just more proof that the head of the snake must be cut off. 

Think about it. The head of the snake is being served up on a silver platter to the rational republicans by the dems. If they don’t act now, they never will have the chance again. Trump has showed them the consequences of that.

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

We're gonna lock them all up aren't we?  

I really f'ing hope so. This has to be a lesson for future conspirators. You cannot try to derail the peaceful transition of power. It all has to be held accountable. There has to be a reckoning. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If we have the guts. Sadly, doing the correct thing in this case looks the same as locking up your political opponents, so there is a hesitancy to follow through. 

Point.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I really f'ing hope so. This has to be a lesson for future conspirators. You cannot try to derail the peaceful transition of power. It all has to be held accountable. There has to be a reckoning. 

Counterpoint. 

4 hours ago, immamac said:

We are in deep deep shit. I don't understand the inaction by the cabinet. They know the President didn't respond in a way that someone who is mentally stable and understands the impact would react. He hasn't necessarily added gasoline to this fire, but it's already aggy bonfire huge and killed 5 people. You either have to extinguish the blaze or let it burn out. I don't think we can let it burn out because it's fuel is 15M+ americans. 

We are in deep shit but not letting them continue to openly plan insurrection via Parler is a fucking outrage, right?

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, you know, nothing to see here.  From Telegram:

Erj2qXaU0AEwOZI?format=png&name=900x900

Erj4JMoVoAAesGA?format=png&name=900x900

These guys ARE making it more likely that we'll see one of their fantasies come true: the US military deployed inside our own borders.

Anyone want to bet on how many dead politicians we have within the next 100 days?  I'm thinking I set the over/under at 6.  That's probably low, but hey, I'm clearly an optimist.

Six murdered politicians in the next 100 days?  God help us if so.  

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

Six murdered politicians in the next 100 days?  God help us if so.  

I'd bet the over.  Oh, and God wants nothing to do with us -- we've chosen our poison, and drank it all.  Now, we get to suffer the consequences of our actions.

Edited by Brisketexan

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread 100% or follow news super closely - sounds like some congresspeople came down with covid after being stuck in a room during the insurrection with shitheaded republicans who wouldn't wear masks and are seen refusing to do so on film. Has there been any discussion on holding people liable for that criminally or civilly? 

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If we are talking attempts, I’ll take the over. Successful?  These are incompetent amateurs. 

You know it would only take a couple of state capitols, maybe just one, to get to that number. And they have been practicing invading state capitals with their guns in mobs already. At least in Oregon, one of the legislators tried to let the armed mob in. This ain't done. They don't have to breach any defenses in Washington to spill plenty of blood.

I am sorry, but I think in this case Brisket is being an insufferable optimist here. Ugh.

12 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

If we are talking attempts, I’ll take the over. Successful?  These are incompetent amateurs. 

Depends on how much they care about being caught.  You can walk up to a member of Congress rather easily in public as we’ve seen over and over now. Just takes one nut to shoot instead of yell. 

So, somewhat related.  The AZGOP is just asking for it.

I would like to see the national party to tell them to fuck off since they are going all in on Trump.  And for the rest of us, massive opportunities to rally behind Mark Kelly and any other Democratic candidates in AZ.  Fuck it.  Time to get the crazies out of positions of power.  We need to clean our own house.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So, somewhat related.  The AZGOP is just asking for it.

I would like to see the national party to tell them to fuck off since they are going all in on Trump.  And for the rest of us, massive opportunities to rally behind Mark Kelly and any other Democratic candidates in AZ.  Fuck it.  Time to get the crazies out of positions of power.  We need to clean our own house.

Their censure of Flake -- GLOBALISTS!!  Drink!

Uh, those cops should be fired immediately. 

Yeah. And fuck.  Are they planning to end impeachment by shooting Pelosi?  Ya know, since the opening salvo of the coup last Wednesday didn't result in the deaths of any Dems yet (although at least 3 have Covid given to them by the GOP).  WTF is the goal here?

Do they believe it’s some kind of principled stand that they do t have to go thru the detectors?  How did they get in planes to go to dc?  Kids go thru them to get into schools all over the country.  We went thru them to get into Disneyland.  What’s so special about the Capitol?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do they believe it’s some kind of principled stand that they do t have to go thru the detectors?  How did they get in planes to go to dc?  Kids go they them to get into schools all over the country.  We went thru them to get into Disneyland.  What’s so special about the Capitol?

you know how, in elementary school, you'd have the one class with the teacher who couldn't keep the children under control, and then another with a different teacher and it was a totally different story? Same children, different behavior. I think republicans just need some more structure and they might surprise themselves.

• Like 1