The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

if this is attempted, you fucking mow them down. let any other patriots watching from home that their fate is death. 

That would involve shooting at armed white people, who are never a threat apparently.

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's not a deep state, it's a shallow puddle of headless agencies. More than half of the federal agencies that exist to protect us (on paper at least) have either an acting head or no leadership. It's damn near impossible to coordinate a response and share information when there is such a high level of institutional chaos - that's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the FBI and capitol police.

But yes, trump has installed his own set of loyalists in agencies across the federal government. That's why there's so few that have actually been confirmed, and many more agencies without leadership after refusing to do his dirty work.

So just the final product of a deconstructed administrative state.  Maybe there is some method to the madness? 3D chess?

Friend of mine is a TX legislator.  Reporting from the TX Capitol today (with pics) that there is a HEAVY DPS presence, and they are strapped for battle.  I don't know if the numbers would ultimately be enough if there's a large-scale attack, but there are definitely enough to repel several hundred folks with bad intentions.

Yes, we live in a world where our active legislative buildings require heavily armed guards ready for battle.

This is fine.

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Friend of mine is a TX legislator.  Reporting from the TX Capitol today (with pics) that there is a HEAVY DPS presence, and they are strapped for battle.  I don't know if the numbers would ultimately be enough if there's a large-scale attack, but there are definitely enough to repel several hundred folks with bad intentions.

Yes, we live in a world where our active legislative buildings require heavily armed guards ready for battle.

This is fine.

It's not fine.  But it does beat the alternative.

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's damn near impossible to coordinate a response and share information when there is such a high level of institutional chaos - that's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the FBI and capitol police.

Trump loves it when a plan comes together.

Granted, the plan looked like something out of Greg Davis' route tree but it looks like they pulled it off.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Lawmakers were told that the plot to encircle the Capitol also included plans to surround the White House ― so that no one could harm Trump ― and the Supreme Court, simply to shut down the courts. The plan to surround the Capitol includes assassinating Democrats as well as Republicans who didn’t support Trump’s effort to overturn the election ― and allowing other Republicans to enter the building and control government.

You know what made the angriest about the briefing?

Lawmakers were reminded that the purchase of a bulletproof vest is a reimbursable expense.

WHAT. WORLD. ARE. WE. IN.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Each State has their own National Guard.

That being said, it's so fucking stupid/ ridiculous to even have to be contemplating this kind of prep work.

The folks focused on disruption and not solutions, suck ass;  regardless of party/ political ideology.

Nice both sides attempt. I award you 3/10 points

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Those guys wear the other team's jerseys, so this is different?

FTR, i condemned the shit they are doing as it happened;  and continue not to support any threat of violence against our government or citizens as a political remedy.   It is terrorism and should be treated as such.

acting as if these acts just started is a matter of convenience and/or willful ignorance.

Well this is the first time since 1814 that the Capitol has been invaded so I guess it started 200 years ago, then took a break, and is back now.

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is fine.

Crazy. I've never felt you were alarmist or to be dismissed over the last four years. I foresaw these possibilities although I was never as certain in predicting them as you have been.

In my mind, I'm not surprised. Everywhere else a person can feel, I'm electrified as though I've returned to some primitive state where I hear the soft paw of a predator barely rustling a leaf nearby in the night. Danger!

No entity has halted this violent movement so far. No speech from the head of government calling on all the powers of federal and state and local government to root out this insurrection has been made to clearly draw the line. Treason and rebellion must be met with decisive, devastating strokes.

I'm talking three ranks of well-trained, disciplined, and (hate to have to include this) loyal soldiers with loaded weapons and fixed bayonets. One vocal warning. One warning volley. Advance and engage.

I'm talking Paddy Wagons parked in dozens where the police drag insurrectionists from the mob to load them for immediate jailing.

The chickenshits will disperse and turn to clandestine terrorism. So be it. Mobs armed with military rifles gathering around State Capitols or anywhere else need to become an embarrassing memory. 

The delusional idiots who think they are ready for war but are not, will break from the psychos who are itching to blow up a BLM meeting or shoot an ebil lib as described by Rush, Hannity, or Reagan for that matter. They need to separated.

Open carry needs to go away. Hidden pistols aren't great as far as I'm concerned, but at least you don't get cosplay commandos.

Again, we need to find a place to apply a sledgehammer. This isn't a fucking game.

Be well, my friends. This place, these threads, and your anonymous discussion has done me a lot of good in these alarming times.

Death to traitors and other enemies of the United States Constitution. It's an existential thing.

• Hook 'Em 7

I felt bad for the Senate page that had to take down that sign in front of the Capitol that said, "It's been 75,190 days since our last Capitol invasion.  Stay Safe, America!"  Now, he just morosely put up a "It's been days since our last Capitol Invasion."  And he knows he has to go down there again to change it on Inauguration Day.  

It's not what he signed up for.  I mean's he was Dean's List Poli-Sci at Hofstra.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

This is fine.

DPS requested $40 million in extra funding to better secure the grounds. It's something like 22 acres, so no small feat. Not sure if that includes the litany of State buildings across the State.

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

You want a conspiracy? How bout this shit: 

1900 or The Last President 

This book from 1896 is getting some attention now. It’s got a number of uncanny, George Orwell type predictions that have come true so far. The parallels are a bit striking.

https://archive.org/details/1900orlastpresid00lock/mode/2up

from 2018:

https://www.plymouth.edu/theclock/president-donald-trump-conspiracy-theory/

President Donald Trump Conspiracy Theory

2 years ago 
SHARES

By Marissa Vargas

In today’s skeptic world, a new conspiracy has arrived. The theory claims that Donald J. Trump and his family time traveled from a distant time to our current history with intentions of ruling over our beloved country. This crazy yet horrifying discovery is backed up by a strange set of coincidences and conjecture. 

This all started when someone came across some books, on the office of Congress’ Library website. The books are called, “Baron Trump’s Marvelous Underground Journey,” and, “1900; Or, The Last President.” Both were written in the 1890s by Ingersoll Lockwood. The books themselves are real. Look them up for yourself. But wait, it gets better. 

The plot of the first book about Baron Trump includes the story about a young boy who finds a secret portal and time travels. Dan Evon of Snopes.com gives a great, in-depth description of the eerie connection. “There are some incredible connections to be made to the first family of the United States and Lockwood’s novels from the turn of the 19th century. For starters, the main character’s name is the same as President Donald J. Trump’s son, albeit spelt differently. Trump’s adventures begin in Russia and are guided thanks to directions provided by ‘the master of all masters’, a man named ‘Don.’ Before leaving for his voyage through the unknown, Trump is told of his family’s motto: ‘The pathway to glory is strewn with pitfalls and danger.’” But wait, it gets even creepier. 

Lockwood wrote a sequel series of novels four years after the initial publication of his first book. In his third novel, “1900; Or, The Last President,” things link eerily to the present day. The story begins with a scene from a panicked New York City in early November. It describes a “state of uproar” after an election in which an enormously opposed outsider is granted power. An outsider candidate. Sound familiar?

After the chaotic scene in NYC, we find out that the man who won the presidency is extremely wealthy and resides on 5th avenue. In case you did not know, the Trump Tower resides on 5thavenue. As crazy as this sounds, once Lockwood’s character becomes president, he began choosing people for his cabinet. One of the first people he picked was a man named Lafe Pence. I cannot stress this enough…ILLUMINATI. If you are interested in this theory then I suggest looking it up. There is much more information on this topic to uncover. 

Although these books contain seemingly bizarre coincidences, it can’t be known for certain if Donald J. Trump, with all of his presidential power, has the mean to has access to a time machine. Although this is certainly an interesting topic and arouses discussion, time travel conspiracy theories tend to nit-pick evidence that supports their claims, ignoring any rebuttals or conflicting material. For example, these books also contained crazy and unrealistic things such as giant turtles, alternate dimensions, a dog named Bulgar, and a little smiling man frozen in time. But how far-fetched are giant turtles, really? Who knows what will become in the next ten, fifty, or one-hundred years?

All this tells me that there are still a lot of people using drugs in America

• Hook 'Em 1

Back to the FBI, I don’t know how they could hold a press conference and retain any amount of credibility without undermining the perceived integrity of the institution.  Bureaucratically, they’re in checkmate until the Biden administration takes over.  Nevertheless, their silence implies complicity which is also really bad. 

3 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

NSIAP....this is fucking unreal. 

EDIT: ignore Billy Baldwin's tweet. Just watch the video 

The drop-off in air travel from Dos Equis Man wannabees to Springer Show rejects during my lifespan has been a thing of wonder.

Seriously, you will find more manners and upbringing in a bus station now than you will in an airport.

2 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

The drop-off in air travel from Dos Equis Man wannabees to Springer Show rejects during my lifespan has been a thing of wonder.

Seriously, you will find more manners and upbringing in a bus station now than you will in an airport.

Man it's depressing you can't argue with idiots.  We should let Covid do its work.

• Hook 'Em 1

Never really realized how there wasn't any security at all in airport terminals. 

I'll be honest, I'm actually a bit surprised and disappointed that there aren't more people attempting to defend some of these reps against these fat mother fucking bullies. Not asking them to assault them but some form of blocking them off.

The whole pandemic thing probably makes people even more reticent. 

I'd like to think in a similar situation I'd at least stand with/stand my ground with someone who was being assaulted at the airport.

21 minutes ago, pacman said:

DPS requested $40 million in extra funding to better secure the grounds. It's something like 22 acres, so no small feat. Not sure if that includes the litany of State buildings across the State.

It's a pretty large area, for sure.  It would take a substantial number of officers/military/etc. to form a full "perimeter" that would encompass the grounds.  That's not even taking into consideration the outlying agency buildings that have tunnel access into the extension or the capitol.  I would hope that any and all precautions are being taken.  Its a nightmare for timing as well with session starting.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Lawmakers were told that the plot to encircle the Capitol also included plans to surround the White House ― so that no one could harm Trump ― and the Supreme Court, simply to shut down the courts. The plan to surround the Capitol includes assassinating Democrats as well as Republicans who didn’t support Trump’s effort to overturn the election ― and allowing other Republicans to enter the building and control government.

From the article--

One topic of discussion was the need to put every member of Congress through a metal detector before the inauguration. A member on the call told HuffPost that there was an “eyes-wide-open realization” that Capitol Police needed to take precautions against “all these members who were in league with the insurrectionists who love to carry their guns.”

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And that is when we will learn which master they serve: the Rule of Law, or the Rule of Trump.

They’re going to avoid the orange elephant in the room and merely give updates on the current manhunt and the impending threats. 

This is my expectation.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Fifth.

Column.

We have actual members of Congress who can't be trusted not to take up arms against the very government they're a part of.  Last time that happened, we kicked the fuckers out.

This time we should execute them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fifth.

Column.

We have actual members of Congress who can't be trusted not to take up arms against the very government they're a part of.  Last time that happened, we kicked the fuckers out.

And what about members of the Capitol Police that are in on it?

Just now, Macanudo said:

And what about members of the Capitol Police that are in on it?

And the FBI.  And Customs and Border Patrol.  And the Secret Service.

The military isn't the only player here. In fact, it may not even get a chance to take the field before the whole game is over.  Armed government paramilitary forces who are loyal to the dictator, and not the country, are more than enough to get the job done.

Not only are we not out of the woods, we're entering the scariest part of them.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1