The US Capitol has been Breached [Action and Developing stories]

immamac

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I'm thinking with as many people that the FBI employs, that they're not all interested in stopping insurrection and many are abetting it. So yeah, confidence is not in high amounts at this point. They don't need subtlety for me. I've been Team Ledge for quite a while. @Brisketexan and observing the nation and DC in general over the last four years it's an easy sell.

The ledge is far less enjoyable during #dryjanuary.  Just saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

The worst part is that there is no one talking back to the Trumpers.   Either silent agreement with them or fear of the idiots.

If I was to do so--talk back--and I got punched or shoved down without retaliating, how good an attorney would I have to have to make their misery a little more profound? Female, no longer young, outweighed for sure.

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

If I was to do so--talk back--and I got punched or shoved down without retaliating, how good an attorney would I have to have to make their misery a little more profound? Female, no longer young, outweighed for sure.

Well for starters you might want to ask them for financial statements before engaging with them, as well as a review of their homeowners' policy.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

Well for starters you might want to ask them for financial statements before engaging with them, as well as a review of their homeowners' policy.

Good point.

I'm not one to go looking for 'bad' trouble, but there is going to come a time, perhaps soon, where remaining silent is going to be complicit behavior and I'm not going to go down that path if I can help it. So, having a plan in action ahead of time seemed prudent.

37 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Apparently, the terrorist have detailed plans on even when to shoot at these “armed protests” in all states plus DC. 

But the threats are if trump is removed before inauguration. 

Do we have enough of the National Guard to go around? 

Each State has their own National Guard.

That being said, it's so fucking stupid/ ridiculous to even have to be contemplating this kind of prep work.

The folks focused on disruption and not solutions, suck ass;  regardless of party/ political ideology.

Edited by slorch

Just now, Bozo_Casanova said:

Just to be clear at this moment "the folks focused on disruption... regardless of party" are, specifically, supporters of the President engaged in a violent rebellion against the United States. 

Yeah, this country is fucked for good when people are bothsidesying when one side is freely committing treason. 

hip hop rap GIF by WE tv

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

NSIAP....this is fucking unreal. 

EDIT: ignore Billy Baldwin's tweet. Just watch the video 

“We’re a republic, not a democracy.” Also, “we the people, not the elites.”

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Just to be clear at this moment "the folks focused on disruption... regardless of party" are, specifically, supporters of the President engaged in a violent rebellion against the United States. 

To be clearer, the president is actively engaged in this and the platform of one party is loyalty to the president. So, yeah, right now party seems to matter.

10 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Indeed.

No violence transpired in 2020.  and none of it was against the  government.

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

What do you think “at this moment” means?

Those guys wear the other team's jerseys, so this is different?

FTR, i condemned the shit they are doing as it happened;  and continue not to support any threat of violence against our government or citizens as a political remedy.   It is terrorism and should be treated as such.

acting as if these acts just started is a matter of convenience and/or willful ignorance.

Edited by slorch

30 minutes ago, slorch said:

Each State has their own National Guard.

That being said, it's so fucking stupid/ ridiculous to even have to be contemplating this kind of prep work.

The folks focused on disruption and not solutions, suck ass;  regardless of party/ political ideology.

I’m aware of how the NG works for each state.  What I’m concerned about is do we have enough.

55 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

These guys think:

1. Dastardly democrats rigged the election result to make my candidate lose.

2. "Deep State" organizations aided it

3. People I thought were on my side (Rs, courts, R state officials and bodies) were in on it.

Every republican I have spoken with since election result became solidified, are at least at #1.  Think about that. There is a separate reality going on here.  There will be additional attempts at retribution from these people for years to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That and their continued silence on the Capitol attack doesn’t instill confidence in their role here. 

Yes.

I would very much like all of us to internalize the reality that Big Tech, the cops, and the intelligence state are not on our side.  They are not our friends. They are not our allies.

• Like 1

If I was a "known" member of ANTIFA or BLM (I don't care if they're just ideas, they have leadership like any movement does)...I'd be tweeting or instagramming a picture of myself at home or at work or somewhere obviously back in their hometowns on the 20th with a time stamp.  With some caption like, 'Sitting this one out, you seditionists do you.'  Make it abundantly clear that the 100 or so BLM or ANTIFA folks with the most social media followers are all at work or HEB if it's open and not partaking in any capitol stormings.  Call your local news stations and offer to come on TV that day or at least call-in and show that you are against this violence and destruction and you have nothing to do with it because you're sitting in your cubicle at work.  Take away that narrative from the MAGA folks.  

Now I have to admit, I am morbidly curious to see what happens just up the road from me at the Texas Capitol.  I may have go to the top my old parking garage on the northwest side of downtown and observe from afar.  I still have the permit to get up there but I could see myself having to wedge in between two sniper teams, "Excuse me fellas, if I could just get my camping chair and cooler in here, I won't bother y'all."  

7 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes.

I would very much like all of us to internalize the reality that Big Tech, the cops, and the intelligence state are not on our side.  They are not our friends. They are not our allies.

It's really cool and good that big tech and corporate America are actually more of an ally right now than our elected government. It's definitely a sign of a healthy society when Hallmark is tweeting out its support for the peaceful transition of power while elected representatives threaten us with more violence if we try to hold them accountable for their coup attempt.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If I was a "known" member of ANTIFA or BLM (I don't care if they're just ideas, they have leadership like any movement does)...I'd be tweeting or instagramming a picture of myself at home or at work or somewhere obviously back in their hometowns on the 20th with a time stamp.  With some caption like, 'Sitting this one out, you seditionists do you.'  Make it abundantly clear that the 100 or so BLM or ANTIFA folks with the most social media followers are all at work or HEB if it's open and not partaking in any capitol stormings.  Call your local news stations and offer to come on TV that day or at least call-in and show that you are against this violence and destruction and you have nothing to do with it because you're sitting in your cubicle at work.  Take away that narrative from the MAGA folks.  

Now I have to admit, I am morbidly curious to see what happens just up the road from me at the Texas Capitol.  I may have go to the top my old parking garage on the northwest side of downtown and observe from afar.  I still have the permit to get up there but I could see myself having to wedge in between two sniper teams, "Excuse me fellas, if I could just get my camping chair and cooler in here, I won't bother y'all."  

GET VIDEO

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Hey guys, I brought you big gulps. Anyone want a chopped beef sandwich? 

1 minute ago, disgustipated said:

In light of the escalation in domestic terrorism threats, thoughts on a future patriot act?

1) hi tahoe or rex or whoever's sock this is

2) Unnecessary - the feds already have all the tools they could need and then some to handle this. The issue is that the feds seemingly intentionally did nothing to stop or hinder the attack on the capitol. And the sitting president was stoking the domestic terrorism.

• Hook 'Em 4

Lawmakers were told that the plot to encircle the Capitol also included plans to surround the White House ― so that no one could harm Trump ― and the Supreme Court, simply to shut down the courts. The plan to surround the Capitol includes assassinating Democrats as well as Republicans who didn’t support Trump’s effort to overturn the election ― and allowing other Republicans to enter the building and control government.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

2) Unnecessary - the feds already have all the tools they could need and then some to handle this. The issue is that the feds seemingly intentionally did nothing to stop or hinder the attack on the capitol. And the sitting president was stoking the domestic terrorism.

This.

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

1) no relations to them.  just a long time lurker.

2) are you suggesting trump has installed his own deep state loyal to him?

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Lawmakers were told that the plot to encircle the Capitol also included plans to surround the White House ― so that no one could harm Trump ― and the Supreme Court, simply to shut down the courts. The plan to surround the Capitol includes assassinating Democrats as well as Republicans who didn’t support Trump’s effort to overturn the election ― and allowing other Republicans to enter the building and control government.

if this is attempted, you fucking mow them down. let any other patriots watching from home that their fate is death. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Honolulu, the point people are making is....   If you get no-flyed while on Oahu, and say, best case scenario, you live on the Big Island, how are you getting home?   And what if you were a dumb enough dingleberry to fly in from Bakersfield or Spokane?

Do we know if the two congresswomen who have tested positive where in the same shelter room?   Both of their statements sound similar.

I’ll buy them all cruise tickets.  

Just now, disgustipated said:

No one is suggesting.  We are outright saying it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

When is the last time SCOTUS judges were even in the building all at once?  They're doing everything virtually. 

Just now, disgustipated said:

It's not a deep state, it's a shallow puddle of headless agencies. More than half of the federal agencies that exist to protect us (on paper at least) have either an acting head or no leadership. It's damn near impossible to coordinate a response and share information when there is such a high level of institutional chaos - that's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the FBI and capitol police.

But yes, trump has installed his own set of loyalists in agencies across the federal government. That's why there's so few that have actually been confirmed, and many more agencies without leadership after refusing to do his dirty work.

• Hook 'Em 1

You want a conspiracy? How bout this shit: 

1900 or The Last President 

This book from 1896 is getting some attention now. It’s got a number of uncanny, George Orwell type predictions that have come true so far. The parallels are a bit striking.

https://archive.org/details/1900orlastpresid00lock/mode/2up

from 2018:

https://www.plymouth.edu/theclock/president-donald-trump-conspiracy-theory/

President Donald Trump Conspiracy Theory

2 years ago 
SHARES

By Marissa Vargas

In today’s skeptic world, a new conspiracy has arrived. The theory claims that Donald J. Trump and his family time traveled from a distant time to our current history with intentions of ruling over our beloved country. This crazy yet horrifying discovery is backed up by a strange set of coincidences and conjecture. 

This all started when someone came across some books, on the office of Congress’ Library website. The books are called, “Baron Trump’s Marvelous Underground Journey,” and, “1900; Or, The Last President.” Both were written in the 1890s by Ingersoll Lockwood. The books themselves are real. Look them up for yourself. But wait, it gets better. 

The plot of the first book about Baron Trump includes the story about a young boy who finds a secret portal and time travels. Dan Evon of Snopes.com gives a great, in-depth description of the eerie connection. “There are some incredible connections to be made to the first family of the United States and Lockwood’s novels from the turn of the 19th century. For starters, the main character’s name is the same as President Donald J. Trump’s son, albeit spelt differently. Trump’s adventures begin in Russia and are guided thanks to directions provided by ‘the master of all masters’, a man named ‘Don.’ Before leaving for his voyage through the unknown, Trump is told of his family’s motto: ‘The pathway to glory is strewn with pitfalls and danger.’” But wait, it gets even creepier. 

Lockwood wrote a sequel series of novels four years after the initial publication of his first book. In his third novel, “1900; Or, The Last President,” things link eerily to the present day. The story begins with a scene from a panicked New York City in early November. It describes a “state of uproar” after an election in which an enormously opposed outsider is granted power. An outsider candidate. Sound familiar?

After the chaotic scene in NYC, we find out that the man who won the presidency is extremely wealthy and resides on 5th avenue. In case you did not know, the Trump Tower resides on 5thavenue. As crazy as this sounds, once Lockwood’s character becomes president, he began choosing people for his cabinet. One of the first people he picked was a man named Lafe Pence. I cannot stress this enough…ILLUMINATI. If you are interested in this theory then I suggest looking it up. There is much more information on this topic to uncover. 

Although these books contain seemingly bizarre coincidences, it can’t be known for certain if Donald J. Trump, with all of his presidential power, has the mean to has access to a time machine. Although this is certainly an interesting topic and arouses discussion, time travel conspiracy theories tend to nit-pick evidence that supports their claims, ignoring any rebuttals or conflicting material. For example, these books also contained crazy and unrealistic things such as giant turtles, alternate dimensions, a dog named Bulgar, and a little smiling man frozen in time. But how far-fetched are giant turtles, really? Who knows what will become in the next ten, fifty, or one-hundred years?

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I really appreciate the speedy security response by the airport, old beardo peacocking, camo pants girl revealing she has kids which is such a rare thing these days, and baldy trying to Christian Bale his voice.  

In first public appearance since the Capitol siege, Trump expresses no contrition for inciting the mob.

“People thought what I said was totally appropriate,” Mr. Trump told reporters

“If you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem,” he said.

Earlier, he asserted that it was the impeachment charge, not the violence and ransacking of the Capitol, that was “causing tremendous anger.”

He did not address his own role in inciting the mob of Trump supporters. Instead, the president framed himself as a victim, calling impeachment a “continuation of the greatest witch hunt in the history of politics.”

-NY Times

Just now, bad_teammate said:

Cops are fascists. No need for trump to "install" anyone. They love him because they are fascists.

This. All that mythology about their dedication to professional service and putting their duties first, etc., is the necessary bullshit we say to make sure just enough of them believe it to prevent those who don't from installing a dictatorship.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Cops are fascists. No need for trump to "install" anyone. They love him because they are fascists.

This is right. I don't want to respond to the sock but the Cops circle and the "racist insane violent conspiracy theorist Trump supporter" circle are almost fully overlapping. Trump didn't need to actively do anything to build a network of sympathizers in the DC police. Cops love the bullshit he's selling.

5 minutes ago, disgustipated said:

There’s no such thing as a “deep state.” If Trump wasn’t President, that phrase wouldn’t be part of your vocabulary. You’ve been conned. 

• Hook 'Em 6