Identifying Trump rioters

Tuco

We gotta be getting close to the number of Metroplex insurrectionists required to be arrested before the whole area gets a set of Trump Steak Knives to commemorate the event, no?  

On 4/20/2021 at 6:45 PM, Cacti said:

After 15 seconds of freefall, the average size human would be travelling approximately 120 m.p.h.

Considering the extreme trauma on every organ of the body, how could one possibly know if a heart attack or stroke occurred before impact?

LOL, the fact that jumpers hit that every day out of planes and don't die before deploying their parachute?  JFC dude

55 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, the fact that jumpers hit that every day out of planes and don't die before deploying their parachute?  JFC dude

Yeah dude, the way it was explained to me was that if your body knows it'll land safely, it won't kill you.  And if it does know you'll die, it'll shut the lights off before splatter time.  But as I indicated, I was like 7 at the time and as gullible as a Trump voter.  I was trying to illustrate a connection between that and the causality bullshit arguments of Floyd dying from a drug overdose at the exact moment of Chauvin on top of him, or the Capitol Police oFficer dying from a stroke independent of the attacks on his body earlier in the day.  Crappy attempt I know, but I was pissed since that Officer Sicknick report had come out just minutes before.  

The fact remains though, a lot of people die from heart-attacks on top of artificial heights, on amusement park rides, jet acrobatics, near high-speed collisions, etc.  Not a lot, but more than you'd think.  Nature did not anticipate the light bulb, the parachute, the exit ramp hard brake, nor the collective written works of a Mr. Donald J. Trump.  It's all enough to, as Mack Brown said, scare you to death.  

3 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Below is the post to which I was replying. Notice that @Lobo said “people that jump to their death from tall heights”…. 

JFC indeed.

On 4/20/2021 at 10:33 AM, Lobo said:

Serious question---I had heard as a kid and thought it an old wive's tale...that people that jump to their death from tall heights usually died from a heart-attack or brain clot on the way down well before they hit the actual ground. 

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

We gotta be getting close to the number of Metroplex insurrectionists required to be arrested before the whole area gets a set of Trump Steak Knives to commemorate the event, no?  

That’s for second place.

wanna know third prize?  You’re arrested.  Oh.  Do I have your attention now?

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah dude, the way it was explained to me was that if your body knows it'll land safely, it won't kill you.  And if it does know you'll die, it'll shut the lights off before splatter time.  But as I indicated, I was like 7 at the time and as gullible as a Trump voter.  I was trying to illustrate a connection between that and the causality bullshit arguments of Floyd dying from a drug overdose at the exact moment of Chauvin on top of him, or the Capitol Police oFficer dying from a stroke independent of the attacks on his body earlier in the day.  Crappy attempt I know, but I was pissed since that Officer Sicknick report had come out just minutes before.  

The fact remains though, a lot of people die from heart-attacks on top of artificial heights, on amusement park rides, jet acrobatics, near high-speed collisions, etc.  Not a lot, but more than you'd think.  Nature did not anticipate the light bulb, the parachute, the exit ramp hard brake, nor the collective written works of a Mr. Donald J. Trump.  It's all enough to, as Mack Brown said, scare you to death.  

Chokkums Razor

A.  Always.

B.  Breaching.

C.  Capitols.

Mitch (McConnell) & Marjorie sent me personally to whip you all into an insurrectionist frenzy.  There are MAQA idiots out there just waiting to give you their votes, are you man enough to take it?  

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

All this dumbfuck had to do ... the ONLY thing he had to do ... was not say anything. That's it.

Back in the good old days, the people into the batshit crazy conspiracy theories had enough self-awareness not to tell everybody the batshit stuff they are doing.

At some point, something changed, and now they all think they are Mormons going door-to-door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We knew these were not the sharpest tools in the shed, but jeez.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne--20210424-7mmtlfn5rrcqjioccfrqyvbnra-story.html

A family member turned in an Ocala man who went to Washington D.C. “knowing full well they were going to break in” to the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, according to the U.S. Justice Department.

Kenneth Kelly, 58, also sent text messages saying he entered the Capitol by breaking windows, an affidavit said. He turned himself in Friday at the Middle District of Florida U.S. Attorney’s Office in Ocala. He’s facing charges including disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building or grounds and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds

Pictures from surveillance video and text messages provided to the FBI show Kelly inside the Capitol, which he kept referring to as the White House, the affidavit said.

“Inside the White house via breaking in windows,” a text message said. “Tree of liberty was watered today.”

The family member told FBI agents Kelly had “extreme political views” and mentioned the conspiracy site “QAnon” a couple months before the riot.

On 4/22/2021 at 6:33 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, you never hear stories about Amish preachers having heart attacks the first time they see a woman's ankles, either.

My stepfather insists this old buddy of his, who at the time was about 25 years old, but very overweight and high at the time, was working the door at this small Nashville bar when 1977 Emmylou Harris walked in. He tried to check her ID but failed because her hotness gave him a heart attack. 

EmmylouHarris.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

My stepfather insists this old buddy of his, who at the time was about 25 years old, but very overweight and high at the time, was working the door at this small Nashville bar when 1977 Emmylou Harris walked in. He tried to check her ID but failed because her hotness gave him a heart attack. 

EmmylouHarris.jpg

I met 1986 Emmylou at Farm Aid II. Can confirm hotness (and momentary heart stoppage).

On 4/22/2021 at 7:33 AM, Walden Ponderer said:

You know, you never hear stories about Amish preachers having heart attacks the first time they see a woman's ankles, either.

You jest but many of them probably already had sex out of wedlock as teenagers before they joined the church and grew out their beards. Amish kids are just like every other kid with hormones and urges.

8 hours ago, RPM said:

I met 1986 Emmylou at Farm Aid II. Can confirm hotness (and momentary heart stoppage).

KOKE hosted Graham Parson and Emmylou back when it was UT’s RTF station. If hot were sound, they qualified. That show made my wife and I consider cheating songs as the theme for the music at our wedding.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

If you had the three-circle Venn diagram of Capital Insurrection, Mask Debate, and Federal Court.....with pop music sensation-Lana Del Rey in the middle; you are the grand fucking champion of 2021 and have my vote as next President of these United States.  

Edited by Lobo

14 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

You jest but many of them probably already had sex out of wedlock as teenagers before they joined the church and grew out their beards. Amish kids are just like every other kid with hormones and urges.

Don't the Amish do some sort of "gap year" thing where they encourage their young adults to go try out the real world for a bit before coming back to their community? 

45 minutes ago, OneOfTheOutOfFocusGuys said:

Also, that document is a fun read.  "N.B.: this is all on the client. The undersigned counsel had nothing to do with this" is a good way to say you're winning this case.

IIRC, the judge issued a "show cause" to her attorney, also, suspecting that the attorney was "party" to the decision to wear the mesh mask or to dispose of it after her wearing of it was discovered.

Also, the lawyer's firm is a good-sized St. Louis law firm, very white shoe for that part of the country.  Probably not some kind of big Trumper or Lin Wood type (although we have seen otherwise from time to time).

Edited by TwiceHorn

11 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Don't the Amish do some sort of "gap year" thing where they encourage their young adults to go try out the real world for a bit before coming back to their community? 

Rumschpringe

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I don’t know if it’s a year or what. But they get to sow their wild oats. They stop going to school after eighth grade so there’s some time between then and when they officially join the church. We used to see young Amish guys hanging around in jeans and a t-shirt with a pack of smokes rolled up in their sleeve.

When I was 16 I was working at the local Dairy Queen and they’d come in with their girlfriends and say things like, “Chust gift me a shake,” and we’d laugh at them after they left because they were trying not to seem Amish but it was so obvious that they were.

Also, google “bundling.” It’s a practice where young unmarried couples can share the same bed prior to getting married. The way I heard it described was that there was a board placed between them to ensure that no hanky-panky was going on. Yeah, right.

2 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Do they have a reverse gap year thing where a non Amish can go live among them for a year and abide their ways?  I could use some time off from politics and alcohol.  it's a vicious cycle.  I got harangued by some supporters of a local schoolboard candidate this weekend.  I'm pretty sure these people are gonna assault the admin. building if the election doesn't go their way, Jan. 6th style.  I was polite and listened all I could and said I already voted and wished them well.  They would not shut the fuck up, so I couldn't help it...I ended it with, "I still believe in Local Control like your candidate does.  I won't have my school district run from Mar-a-Lago."  

I think they have my license plate number.

Amish talk not a-going away, nooo.

Never knew much about my Dad's family background, but a cousin who does genealogy caught me up on some of it. There amongst all the Scottish royalty farming in the hills of 1820s Mississippi was a name that looked more German. I looked it up, and 1. It's probably Swiss, and 2. it's super-common among the Amish.

So for about 12 seconds I thought I was part Amish, then I realized it was the 1820s, so EVERYBODY was Amish. How could you even tell.

• Hook 'Em 1

KOKE hosted Graham Parson and Emmylou back when it was UT’s RTF station. If hot were sound, they qualified. That show made my wife and I consider cheating songs as the theme for the music at our wedding.

Was he wearing the Nudie suit with the weed and pills?
  • Hook 'Em 1