Columbia has an invasive species: Hippopotamus's

Parliament

A group of hippos originally imported by Escobar to his private zoo decades ago has multiplied and, according to scientists, is now spreading through one of the country's main waterways - the River Magdalena. Last month, a study published in the Biological Conservation journal said culling the animals was the only way to mitigate their environmental impact.

Shaggy hunting trip? They're invasive so there isn't a season; just go shoot. And how much brisket can you cut off of one of these things?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-56011594

7 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Seriously how hard are they to eradicate? They're big as a small bus and don't move around all that much. 

Sit a few trucks around watering holes. Insert slug shells in a few shotguns and shoot with reckless abandon. Move to next watering hole, repeat.

Airstrikes. Colombia has the Air Force and the knowledge. Or a cartelito can capture them, load them full of blow and ship them off to a US or EU Zoo. 

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This thread title amuses me. I can just picture Parliament going to look up how hippopotamus is spelled while neglecting to look up Colombia, then just throwing the apostrophe-s at the end to pluralize it.

Ah, that looks good. Click 

That's why I +rep the guy that said *Colombia.  Figured he said it tongue-in-cheek.

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This thread title amuses me. I can just picture Parliament going to look up how hippopotamus is spelled while neglecting to look up Colombia, then just throwing the apostrophe-s at the end to pluralize it.

Ah, that looks good. Click 

Goddamn.  I mean, just . . . goddamn.  This is honestly elementary-school stuff here.

19 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Seriously how hard are they to eradicate? They're big as a small bus and don't move around all that much. 

Sit a few trucks around watering holes. Insert slug shells in a few shotguns and shoot with reckless abandon. Move to next watering hole, repeat.

A hippo will mess you up. They run faster than Usain Bolt and have teeth almost two feet long. I wouldn’t shoot anything but dangerous game rounds, at minimum a .375. 

21 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

*Colombia

This reminds me of a story.  I seldom tell my family where I travel.  My mom texted me with a question and I told her Id deal with it when I got back from Colombia.  She said" oh are you in South Carolina or Missouri."   Um no.  South America Mom

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, midtown said:

Those fuckers are mean.   Dont they kill a decent number of humans each year?

SUPER territorial.  Most fatalities occur in the water obviously, as they capsize small boats in their territory - see the first gif I posted, they are FAST in the water and mean as hell.  

Look at those damn tusks.  Damn

7503105-hippo.gif