Mass casualty event Astroworldfest. Multiple dead. Hundreds injured

FartingMonk

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

This is terrible damage control by TMZ. It couldn’t be a stampede because a victim was foaming at the mouth. WTF

As for the investigation ... our sources tell us at least one of the victims was seen foaming at the mouth before going into cardiac arrest -- further evidence this was not simply a stampede. Houston authorities are planning to hold a news conference later today.

Ya! If none of the injection stuff is true I hope they are able to wipe that speculation out today. It was a shit show and Travis ain’t getting off Scott-free no matter what his fans would like to believe. TMZ and the Daily Mail both are on the Kardashian payroll bc they get inside “scoop” from Pimp Momma Kris all the time. (That’s the matriarch’s nickname on all the gossipy type sites since she basically filmed Kim’s sex tape and sold it and that’s why that fucking family is even famous.)

One thing to market, another to take a 10 year old to an outdoor festival with 50,000+ with people.

From the city where our stadiums drop the top

Just asked him 8 year if he knew who travis Scott was and said no, asked if he thought he would have "good music" said "probably not"

Followed up with me asking if he knew who Fat Pat is and said yeah, and he likes his music. So i got that going for me

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Just asked him 8 year if he knew who travis Scott was and said no, asked if he thought he would have "good music" said "probably not"

Followed up with me asking if he knew who Fat Pat is and said yeah, and he likes his music. So i got that going for me

Did you you ask him about SPM?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

This is terrible damage control by TMZ. It couldn’t be a stampede because a victim was foaming at the mouth. WTF
As for the investigation ... our sources tell us at least one of the victims was seen foaming at the mouth before going into cardiac arrest -- further evidence this was not simply a stampede. Houston authorities are planning to hold a news conference later today.

“Couldn’t be a stampede” /= “not simply a stampede”
  • Rage+1 1

Fire department is a part of city of Houston govt. Fire department is an absolute train wreck shit show abortion. Fire Marshal is part of the fire department. Fire marshal oversees events and their capacities, restrictions, security requirements, etc.
Thanks.

Didn't even think about the Fire Marshal.

57 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

This stuff makes me ragey. Game off when there is an emergency. Pull over or in this case move the fuck over. Im sure there were huge delays in medical professionals trying to respond and that likely cost lives. Fucking smh. 

Hopefully these pieces of shit are identified and arrested. And my God this just makes me want to stay way from concerts. It’s not even about the music anymore, just morons videoing everything on their phones to look cool for social media. Gross. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hundredTT said:

Hopefully these pieces of shit are identified and arrested. And my God this just makes me want to stay way from concerts. It’s not even about the music anymore, just morons videoing everything on their phones to look cool for social media. Gross. 

In one of the videos I saw on Twitter but won’t post here the medical professionals are doing CPR on someone in a golf cart as it speeds away to an ambulance and people are just standing around filming with their phones. A person is in cardiac arrest and they are standing around with their phones out filming it. Sick sick sick…we’d all agree there are moments to film stuff but people suck now. I wish Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Twitter would all crash for 48 hours. Fuckers would lose their minds if they couldn’t show every moment of their existence trying to be an influencer or go viral. Sick shit.

• Like 2

Certain concerts are still safe. Other concerts are FAFO. Choose wisely.

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

In one of the videos I saw on Twitter but won’t post here the medical professionals are doing CPR on someone in a golf cart as it speeds away to an ambulance and people are just standing around filming with their phones. A person is in cardiac arrest and they are standing around with their phones out filming it. Sick sick sick…we’d all agree there are moments to film stuff but people suck now. I wish Facebook/Instagram/TikTok/Twitter would all crash for 48 hours. Fuckers would lose their minds if they couldn’t show every moment of their existence trying to be an influencer or go viral. Sick shit.

You seeking them out and watching those videos are part of why people take out their phones and start filming.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

This stuff makes me ragey. Game off when there is an emergency. Pull over or in this case move the fuck over. Im sure there were huge delays in medical professionals trying to respond and that likely cost lives. Fucking smh. 

I'm off the belief karma gets people like this.  You hear some random story of someone getting hit by car, dying of unknown causes... many (not all) are people like this. They should have seen it coming....

• Hook 'Em 1

“There are a lot of narratives out there right now, on social media and even last night,” Finner said.

One such narrative circulating is of an individual injecting others with drugs. Finner said a security officer reported that he felt a prick in his neck while he was responding to the crowd surge. When he was examined, he fell unconscious. Paramedics reportedly administered Narcan, which revived the security officer, Finner said. Medical stiff did observe what appeared to be a needle prick on the man’s neck.

Finner urges anyone who witnessed anything suspicious at the event to report it.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/11/06/hfd-responding-to-reports-of-multiple-injuries-at-astroworld-festival/

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

“There are a lot of narratives out there right now, on social media and even last night,” Finner said.

One such narrative circulating is of an individual injecting others with drugs. Finner said a security officer reported that he felt a prick in his neck while he was responding to the crowd surge. When he was examined, he fell unconscious. Paramedics reportedly administered Narcan, which revived the security officer, Finner said. Medical stiff did observe what appeared to be a needle prick on the man’s neck.

Finner urges anyone who witnessed anything suspicious at the event to report it.
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2021/11/06/hfd-responding-to-reports-of-multiple-injuries-at-astroworld-festival/

Call me skeptical but until we get tox results, I don’t buy the syringe theory. The reports of the needle in the neck came from what the police were told by the medical staff employed by Live Nation (or third party contractor). No Houston police officer directly observed this themselves. They are going by this report and the fact that a syringe like mark was seen on the guard’s neck. So the security guard got pricked by a guy injecting drugs into people, but he was still lucid and conscious enough to report it shortly after the incident while others who were injected were convulsing to death leading to the trampling?

And I watched the entire press conference. They seriously glossed over the trampling when the barriers were breached earlier. They didn’t discuss what the plan was for fixing that and how the excess number of people changed the emergency contingency plans set by Live Nation based on the number of tickets sold. All they could talk about was how fucking great they responded and how sorry they were to the families.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Updawg said:

It says he did go unconscious but they gave him something to help

Those press conferences are always just sucking each other’s dicks for jobs well done. Might be ok if they thwarted something but not for a shitshow like this.

You’re right. They gave him narcan, then a reporter asked if he was the only one the whole night who was administered narcan, and she immediately got a “next question” response. Then later they said that many people were, in fact, given narcan but they weren’t sure how many. These officials seem to know the specifics of that guard’s neck prick story pretty well but don’t seem to know jack shit about everything else. 

At the several Texas Jams I went to at the cotton bowl back in the day we always worked our way to the front. Whole stadium was gen admin. More than once it got very tight up there. What I do remember was pretty much constantly during the even security, promoters, and sometimes even the artists (who would def stop the show or between songs) were imploring people to back up just a bit and trying to keep people aware of not pressing forward.

032ca1305c18ba36d34cea2f35aa9262.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

At the several Texas Jams I went to at the cotton bowl back in the day we always worked our way to the front. Whole stadium was gen admin. More than once it got very tight up there. What I do remember was pretty much constantly during the even security, promoters, and sometimes even the artists (who would def stop the show or between songs) were imploring people to back up just a bit and trying to keep people aware of not pressing forward.

032ca1305c18ba36d34cea2f35aa9262.jpg

Damn I believe I was in the middle of that shit! It was so freakin hot that fire hose was a lifesaver.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

It's not unusual for a performer to control audience problems; don't know why Scott didn't stop.

I was at a Suicidal Tendencies concert when they stopped the concert to get some chicks our of a mosh pit. Muir paused the concert and security got the girls over the gate and then pointed at the pit yelled "Fuck You!" then started playing.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, MrBig said:

You’re right. They gave him narcan, then a reporter asked if he was the only one the whole night who was administered narcan, and she immediately got a “next question” response. Then later they said that many people were, in fact, given narcan but they weren’t sure how many. These officials seem to know the specifics of that guard’s neck prick story pretty well but don’t seem to know jack shit about everything else. 

Huh. I didn't know Narcan was used for non opiate-ODs. TIL.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Degenerates 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I was in a mosh pit at a Beastie Boys concert in SA a long time ago in my youth and the crowd starting just grabbing random people and picking them up and flinging them over the security gates around the stage. I was one of the people that happened to. I didn’t enjoy it at all. Security guy caught me. This is a horrible situation. I understand from this that Travis did pause the concert multiple times before the surge was triggered at 9:00 pm. Terrifying. Crushed to death. 

“Before chaos erupted, Travis stopped the show several times during his 75-minute set ... after noticing some of the fans in the front seemed in distress. He told security to make sure they weren't hurt. At one point Travis asked for security to help a specific individual.“

https://www.tmz.com/2021/11/06/travis-scott-astroworld-concert-stampede-dead-drake/

I saw the Beastie Boys in SA.  I think it was 1998.

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

It's not unusual for a performer to control audience problems; don't know why Scott didn't stop.

I don’t know anything about what happened here at all but it’s also not unusual for someone to overheat or need help or whatever and it can be hard to tell what is going on from a stage if it’s not right up front and obvious. Maybe Scott should have realized and should have stopped here but it also may not have been really clear that something unusual was happening.