Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

To be honest, you probably came off better for it. Listening to Dave South for any length of time can cause your spleen to jump up through your neck and throttle your brain in an attempt to avert cataclysmic insanity.

Good point. But if he had done a game, you could have played a drinking game where every time he mentions aggy, you have to take a shot. You’d have been passed out before halftime.

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

57 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

To be honest, you probably came off better for it. Listening to Dave South for any length of time can cause your spleen to jump up through your neck and throttle your brain in an attempt to avert cataclysmic insanity.

South: Hand off, HUGE hole up the Middle!!! 

(10 second delay)

South: Gain of 2 yards....

• Like 2

Maroon-Colored, ‘Aggie Brand’ Oysters Coming to Texas Tables? Maybe

texas-gulf-oysters-yt.jpg?resize=850%2C4

Researchers with the Texas A&M University System say they have created an entirely new and sustainable industry for the Texas coast after artificially spawning oysters in a lab for the first time in 27 years.

The oysters were then placed in a cage and moved to shallow salt water along the Texas Gulf Coast were they are allowed to grow until harvested.

The first instance of caged oyster mariculture in Texas was installed off the coast of Corpus Christi and is a prelude to a growing industry researchers anticipate getting underway in September 2020. That's when tens of thousands of acres of shallow water along the Texas Gulf Coast will be available for commercial oyster aquaculture after a law was passed last year allowing the practice.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/maroon-colored-aggie-brand-oysters-coming-to-texas-tables-maybe/2300850/?fbclid=IwAR0WX-gKS6D0fRWCVGAmEmja6gkIjK434saJ-4Tk5X5Tfcf6LQEehebQyEU

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Maroon-Colored, ‘Aggie Brand’ Oysters Coming to Texas Tables? Maybe

texas-gulf-oysters-yt.jpg?resize=850%2C4

Researchers with the Texas A&M University System say they have created an entirely new and sustainable industry for the Texas coast after artificially spawning oysters in a lab for the first time in 27 years.

The oysters were then placed in a cage and moved to shallow salt water along the Texas Gulf Coast were they are allowed to grow until harvested.

The first instance of caged oyster mariculture in Texas was installed off the coast of Corpus Christi and is a prelude to a growing industry researchers anticipate getting underway in September 2020. That's when tens of thousands of acres of shallow water along the Texas Gulf Coast will be available for commercial oyster aquaculture after a law was passed last year allowing the practice.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas-news/maroon-colored-aggie-brand-oysters-coming-to-texas-tables-maybe/2300850/?fbclid=IwAR0WX-gKS6D0fRWCVGAmEmja6gkIjK434saJ-4Tk5X5Tfcf6LQEehebQyEU

That's a massive Vibrio outbreak just waiting to happen... Maybe it will be maroon Vibrio, though?

People who didn't listen to Dave South cannot possibly imagine how bad he was. He made Lowell Galindo sound like Tony Romo. I was on a road trip heading west on a gameday, trying to tune into a game, and I would get the radio from whatever small town I passed through. Dave South came on, and I listened. I couldn't believe it. It can't be described. It was like a comedy bit on SNL. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then I realized, he was their guy. This was their Craig Way. This was their standard bearer. 

The excerpts above don't convey one tenth of the slackjawed nonsense that dude would put out. I was sad when he retired, because future generations would never be able to believe what it was. It was one of the stories that can't be made into a movie because nobody would believe it. So sad he is gone from the radio.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Who knows. I know he retired from football but for the life of me I have no idea how I would ever know who calls an aggy baseball game because I would never leave it on that station long enough to listen. But likely, hes probably good for baseball for a few more years then on to PBP for the golf team.

9 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

People who didn't listen to Dave South cannot possibly imagine how bad he was. He made Lowell Galindo sound like Tony Romo. I was on a road trip heading west on a gameday, trying to tune into a game, and I would get the radio from whatever small town I passed through. Dave South came on, and I listened. I couldn't believe it. It can't be described. It was like a comedy bit on SNL. I just couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then I realized, he was their guy. This was their Craig Way. This was their standard bearer. 

The excerpts above don't convey one tenth of the slackjawed nonsense that dude would put out. I was sad when he retired, because future generations would never be able to believe what it was. It was one of the stories that can't be made into a movie because nobody would believe it. So sad he is gone from the radio.

The post game radio shows were even better after loses. Those were the days. 

19 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Name anyone worse than Dave South for any sort of sport announcing commentary.. hell, I'll extend it to sports talk and that opens a huge can of suck..

And I'd venture you can't out Dave South Dave South with any nominations.

Ah, I loved listening to his disjointed nonsense.  Usually becuase all the games he was calling, the ags were getting dick punched all game.  Driving back from a hunting trip with an Ag friend of mine.  The UCLA meltdown.  His truck.  His radio.  4hr drive, so my friend is getting more and more excited.  Then the meltdown commences.....between Dave and my friends histrionics, I had to stifle laughs and giggles.  It was such a great ride home.  

LSU is a good game.  The ags will get slaughtered in it (again), but it's a good home game.

The rest of their home schedule is so devastatingly horrible, I would take every single one of our home opponents over their second best team, which I guess is... Colorado?  Talk about a shite schedule.

7 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I am too old (53) to be really concerned about what aggy says or does but I do find it more and more aggravating with the total BS that they seem to effortlessly produce each and every day.  I want to not care but...it is hard not to particularly when they talk negatively about my alma mater.

They have bragging rights on Little Brother Syndrome, in perpetuity.

40 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I mentioned this and one of the replies was this:

Capture.png

Well yeah, they always have one more home game than UT because all of their cupcake patsies are home games.  The last attendance figures I've seen are for 2018 and on a per game average aggy attendance was 99,844 and UT was 97,713.  However, Kroger stadium had a capacity of 110,633 while DKR had a capacity of 103,507.  So aggy averaged 90.24% of capacity while UT averaged 94.40% of capacity.  Also, aggy still hasn't won shit, so stuff it marc.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

The last attendance figures I've seen are for 2018 and on a per game average aggy attendance was 99,844 and UT was 97,713.  However, Kroger stadium had a capacity of 110,633 while DKR had a capacity of 103,507.  So aggy averaged 90.24% of capacity while UT averaged 94.40% of capacity. 

Does any of that really matter? Even if you want to say "fine, you outdrew us".... and den? Who cares?  

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Well yeah, they always have one more home game than UT because all of their cupcake patsies are home games.  The last attendance figures I've seen are for 2018 and on a per game average aggy attendance was 99,844 and UT was 97,713.  However, Kroger stadium had a capacity of 110,633 while DKR had a capacity of 103,507.  So aggy averaged 90.24% of capacity while UT averaged 94.40% of capacity.  Also, aggy still hasn't won shit, so stuff it marc.

aggy outdrew us by a slight margin this past season. They averaged about 100,000 or so fans and we were at 96,305.

Edited by C-Man

So my wife’s cousin posted a pic of her son, bragging about how he graduated from BLA (I think that’s the acronym) in the army. We didn’t know what it was so we looked it up and it’s something noncommissioned officers take. 
he was in the aggy corp for 4 years before joining the army. Is it normal to not get a commission when you are in a rotc program?  I don’t know anything about military stuff like that. 

IHardest law schools to get into:

12. University of Texas at Austin School of Law • Acceptance rate: 17.5% • Applications for fall 2019: 5,803 • Median undergrad GPA of new enrollees: 3.72 • Median LSAT score of new enrollees: 168 out of 180 • Bar exam passage rate: 90.9%

37. Texas A&M University School of Law • Acceptance rate: 28.7% • Applications for fall 2019: 2,280 • Median undergrad GPA of new enrollees: 3.62 • Median LSAT score of new enrollees: 159 out of 180 • Bar exam passage rate: 82.8%

1. Yale Law School • Acceptance rate: 8.2% • Applications for fall 2019: 3,198 • Median undergrad GPA of new enrollees: 3.93 • Median LSAT score of new enrollees: 173 out of 180 • Bar exam passage rate: 96.8%

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Like 1

Notice also that they have 4 nonconference games and scheduled all of them at home. The only home/home contract is CU
If they were to play a home and home against Abilene christian this would be the stadium that they would play at:

https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Wildcat-Stadium-View-from-the-Bands-Seats-900x675.jpg

aggy outdrew us by a slight margin this past season. They averaged about 100,000 or so fans and we were at 96,305.
I'm sure if you checked actual attendance vs reported attendance there would be quite the discrepancy.

Also, I'm sure we had many more fans in the 2nd half than they did.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

If they were to play a home and home against Abilene christian this would be the stadium that they would play at:

https://stadiumjourney.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Wildcat-Stadium-View-from-the-Bands-Seats-900x675.jpg

The point is they should schedule better teams, not that they should go play at ACU.