• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

F**king aggy "space lab" ...

They lobbied and whined to get the *awesome* Shuttle Mission Simulator sent up to aggyland.   And, it has sat *UNBOXED AND COLLECTING DUST* since 2012.

I have friends who are trying to get aggy to release it back to the Lone Star Flight Museum (at Ellington, near JSC) for at least a static display.  I'm sure it'll have aggy shit plastered all over it ("donated by the amazing and awesome generosity of aggy", etc.).  It also turns out that aggy stored all of the *priceless* equipment in a *NON CLIMATE-CONTROLLED FACILITY*, which makes returning it to any sort of working condition almost a non-starter.

spacer.png

This effort was over a year ago, without any updates, so I can only presume they were unsuccessful, either in getting aggy to release it or getting the funds necessary to restore it from its aggy-overseen-and-deteriorating condition back to something that someone would be willing to actually pay to see.

• Like 7

They lobbied and whined to get the *awesome* Shuttle Mission Simulator sent up to aggyland.   And, it has sat *UNBOXED AND COLLECTING DUST* since 2012.
I have friends who are trying to get aggy to release it back to the Lone Star Flight Museum (at Ellington, near JSC) for at least a static display.  I'm sure it'll have aggy shit plastered all over it ("donated by the amazing and awesome generosity of aggy", etc.).  It also turns out that aggy stored all of the *priceless* equipment in a *NON CLIMATE-CONTROLLED FACILITY*, which makes returning it to any sort of working condition almost a non-starter.
aggy_sms_storage.jpg
This effort was over a year ago, without any updates, so I can only presume they were unsuccessful, either in getting aggy to release it or getting the funds necessary to restore it from its aggy-overseen-and-deteriorating condition back to something that someone would be willing to actually pay to see.
They've got top men working on it.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, BigSwingingD said:

I was picking up one of my sons from ABIA yesterday when this beauty parked next to me in the cell phone lot. 

I think it looks a little pink and definately needs more SEC SEC SEC!

This vehicle truly inspires confidence in the cutting edge research and technology being "dumped" into our space program by aggy.

spacer.png

20200307-083930.jpgspacer.png

Shuttle, eh.... the Buran, it ain't

aggy_sms_storage.jpg

Should have offered them some ewes in trade.

The athletics revenue and expense data required pursuant to Title IX for the fiscal year ending Aug 31, 2019 is now available to anyone wanting to view the data. This is operating revenue, not total revenue. Total revenue would include capital gifts and donations for facilities (such as the SEZ donations).

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

Here are the Top 40 for operating revenue (all sports). Where revenues and expenses net out to zero, it is an indicator the athletics department is operating at a loss and the school is subsidizing athletics from general revenues.

Wait until the total numbers contained in the NCAA school athletics financials start being discussed. Adding in UT's $125mil + capital gifts for the SEZ project, UT Austin's profit will be more than the operating revenue of all but the top 6 schools in the nation.

DOE data Aug 31 2019.jpeg

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

aggy_sms_storage.jpg
I thought aggy was the richest school. They said so.
The athletics revenue and expense data required pursuant to Title IX for the fiscal year ending Aug 31, 2019 is now available to anyone wanting to view the data. This is operating revenue, not total revenue. Total revenue would include capital gifts and donations for facilities (such as the SEZ donations).
https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/
Here are the Top 40 for operating revenue (all sports). Where revenues and expenses net out to zero, it is an indicator the athletics department is operating at a loss and the school is subsidizing athletics from general revenues.
Wait until the total numbers contained in the NCAA school athletics financials start being discussed. Adding in UT's $125mil + capital gifts for the SEZ project, UT Austin's profit will be more than the operating revenue of all but the top 6 schools in the nation.

1492139186_DOEdataAug312019.thumb.jpeg.3dd2e94851fb31b2400a159317ada8e2.jpeg
I thought aggy was the richest school. They said so.

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

How the fuck do tOSU and DSU spend more than Texas does?  They must have completely screwed up athletic departments

Looks like aggy can finally pay that loan back

ohio state sponsors 37 sports Texas sponsors 19

FSU probably has some project going on to pay for I think their football stajium is getting upgraded

On 3/7/2020 at 9:53 AM, BigSwingingD said:

I was picking up one of my sons from ABIA yesterday when this beauty parked next to me in the cell phone lot. 

I think it looks a little pink and definately needs more SEC SEC SEC!

This vehicle truly inspires confidence in the cutting edge research and technology being "dumped" into our space program by aggy.

spacer.png

20200307-083930.jpgspacer.png

https://sxsw.tamu.edu/

Texas A&M is the only university at SXSW’s Interactive Conference delivering comprehensive programming by incorporating high-profile thought leaders in compelling discussions, one-of-a-kind interactive exhibits and solution-focused brand experiences.

Too bad SXSW got cancelled. aggy can no longer crown themselves the champion of delivering comprehensive programming by incorporating high-profile thought leaders in compelling discussions, one-of-a-kind interactive exhibits and solution-focused brand experiences.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

It’s being spent. Most recently on the SEZ upgrades. UT Austin is paying more in cash   (as opposed to debt proceeds) on the SEZ project than A&M put into their Kyle Field rebuild.

UT is also one of the only schools whose athletic dept makes a donation to the academic side of the institution. 

52 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

UT is also one of the only schools whose athletic dept makes a donation to the academic side of the institution. 

I think the LNH payment to the academic side is not part of that same payment either...so I think Bellmont gets the academic side paid twice

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

Wow.  During that same span, Army went undefeated 6 times and had a season record of .800 or better 10 times.

But yeah, I'm sure it was all because of their fake Army commitments.

If individuals from Texas A&M made any difference whatsoever to the quality of the U.S. military effectiveness, even in the slightest, individuals participating in ROTC on the A&M campus would be required to serve after graduation and not provided with the option of not serving their country. 

The reason a specific law exists that exempts aggy ROTC students from serving in the military after graduation is that senior military leaders don’t see any importance for them to serve. If aggys were in any way better suited, better prepared, or had a superior record of military service, military leaders would ensure every aggy ROTC graduate served. In reality, just the opposite exists. 

I know it hurts the feelings of aggys around the world and the fact is that if ROTC was ended on the A&M campus today not only would the abilities of the U.S. military not be negatively affected, the argument could easily be made that military effectiveness would improve through the reallocation of resources to schools where ROTC graduates actually serve and not just run around playing fake army, demanding people thank them for their non-service. 

15 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

If individuals from Texas A&M made any difference whatsoever to the quality of the U.S. military effectiveness, even in the slightest, individuals participating in ROTC on the A&M campus would be required to serve after graduation and not provided with the option of not serving their country. 

The reason a specific law exists that exempts aggy ROTC students from serving in the military after graduation is that senior military leaders don’t see any importance for them to serve. If aggys were in any way better suited, better prepared, or had a superior record of military service, military leaders would ensure every aggy ROTC graduate served. In reality, just the opposite exists. 

I know it hurts the feelings of aggys around the world and the fact is that if ROTC was ended on the A&M campus today not only would the abilities of the U.S. military not be negatively affected, the argument could easily be made that military effectiveness would improve through the reallocation of resources to schools where ROTC graduates actually serve and not just run around playing fake army, demanding people thank them for their non-service. 

If it ended, it wood be adishun bye subtrakshun.

I would never dismiss the real contributions aggy has made in the way of military service, but in typical aggy fashion; the poster vastly OVERSTATES said contributions by making it seem as if aggy was uniquely responsible for being off fighting wars and defending the country. Utee94's post is the perfect retort.

28 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I would never dismiss the real contributions aggy has made in the way of military service, but in typical aggy fashion; the poster vastly OVERSTATES said contributions by making it seem as if aggy was uniquely responsible for being off fighting wars and defending the country. Utee94's post is the perfect retort.

One does not have to dismiss anything to unabashedly ridicule the claiming of moral superiority based upon attendance at a state supported cow college. The claims of grandiose aggy military contributions are largely based on lies, fairy tales and redneck ignorance.

Their fraudulent claim of there having been more aggys serving as officers during WWII than West Point and Annapolis graduates combined is but one example.

aggy athletics has largely sucked for the entire existence of aggy athletics primarily because it is managed by aggys. aggy culture differs from mainstream culture in many ways. An objective evaluation of how aggy culture differs from the mainstream and why aggys trail the levels of accomplishment of the mainstream would seem a reasonable suggestion. But it ain't never gonna happen. Because aggys are aggys. End of story.

8 hours ago, utee94 said:

Wow.  During that same span, Army went undefeated 6 times and had a season record of .800 or better 10 times.

But yeah, I'm sure it was all because of their fake Army commitments.

A better parallel is with the Wehrmacht, who also only had a couple of good seasons after 1940.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Somebody with a texags login should post that over there. 

It's pointless.  Regarding such facts (i.e. actual football accomplishments, objective program revenue, etc.), they're impervious to reality.  You might as well administer medicine to a dead person.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scholz said:

It's pointless.  Regarding such facts (i.e. actual football accomplishments, objective program revenue, etc.), they're impervious to reality.  You might as well administer medicine to a dead person.

There’s an Abe Lemons joke in there somewhere.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Isn't that what drug companies do when testing for side effects?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Like their belief that Texas hoarded players before scholarship limits which led to our success, when they had more players on scholarship than we did and were a driving force behind conference scholarship limits put in place before ncaa limits. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Exactly. If it doesn't fit their narrative, they just lie about it. Same as it has always been and ever will be.

• Like 1