Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

On 10/9/2020 at 7:34 PM, Treefidy said:

I found it over on texags

”we drove all the way from gainsville to cellege station and about 1/2 block from the stadium we got lost.  Couldn’t figure out where we were or which way to go, but there was this group of about 50,000 aggy all headed past our car and they all offered us beer and helped us find the way  

it was amazing, that many people all trying to help us out even though we were in full gata regalia.   They took us through all the historic sites and tol us all about their history and traditions, wow, simply incredible.  When they saw where our seats were located they actually argued over who would trade with us so we could see everything from the best angle, especially the fightin aggy band.

i have never seen anything like it, nicest stadium, nicest people and best traditions in the country.   It really made me think hard about how rundown the swamp is and where my money is going.   

We won, but I felt so bad for all the nice aggy, and wouldn’t you know it, we got lost again leaving the stadium.   Another large group of maroon and white picked us up and carried us around until we found our car, simply incredible.   They gave us more beer, a couple cans of Copenhagen for the long drive back and welcomed us back the next time we play here in 2132.  

they are the best fans at the greatest, most beautiful school I have ever visited.  I will be pushing my kids to attend aggy over UF so long as they manage to get accepted.  Crossing fingers!

I wonder what happened to the awesome aggy stadium that made things change from being the most awe inspiring structure ever known by man to a place aggys themselves find unacceptable.

My wife was treated poorly in the Zone Club after 40 years of attending games at Kyle Field. There was no one two rows in front of us and two rows behind us. It was 90 degrees. She had the email in her "clear" purse from the Foundation explaining mask protocol of no mask in the seat but a mask if we left our seat. The policeman said he would remove her from Kyle Field. We left 3rd qtr to watch on TV with air conditioning. If that's the way the Athletic Dept and the Foundation want to run the show, that's not the way Aggies roll.”

We know this one is authentic aggy by the lack of understanding how one uses paragraphs:

Many of the "opinions" stated are not coming from people who were actually there, so they don't have perspective. The mask nazis in the Zone Club were out of control. They weren't "senior citizen ushers". The worst was a young, blonde girl who apparently found her life's calling. I was chewing my last bite of pretzel, sitting in my seat next to my brother, appropriately distanced from others. My mask was under my chin because I was eating. This girl got about 10 inches from my face and told me I needed to put my mask on correctly. I told her I was eating a pretzel, I was literally chewing the last bite, and she said, "show me the pretzel." She was so rude! I told her I had just finished it and was fixing to drink my water because it was so hot. She said if water isn't currently going into my mouth, then my mask needed to be pulled up completely. Admittedly, it p*ssed me off and I said, "Thank you for being so clear and diligent, now go harass someone else." She turned back around, put her finger in my face, and said that was my first warning, and 1 more would get me kicked out. There is a way to go about this and she was out of control. At halftime, we went inside to cool off and she was in the face of a group f grown men who were having drinks telling them that they needed to pull up their masks between drinks. One of the guys told her to chill out and she radioed for a police officer. Im sorry, but there is no place for this. Donor or not, we are all adults and don't need some snot nosed power hungry individual treating us like we are toddlers. Hopefully this gets addressed by Arkansas.”

The mask nazis at Kyle were horrible in some sections. These people are the worst kind of people. It's like they get off on enforcing meaningless rules”

"This is the exact level of enforcement that we ran into. Just straight up nasty and rude about it. Calling police over to threaten us ect....... I can only imagine the ushers meeting they must have had right before the game started to come out and just start laying into everyone like that."

Edited by Randolph Duke

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 10/8/2020 at 3:17 PM, Angry Gorilla said:

Tell your bookie not a chance

On 10/8/2020 at 4:17 PM, SHOOTER12 said:

Should change your username to Dopey after a question like that.

On 10/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, Orange&White said:

Roughly the same chance as them all suddenly becoming self aware of who they actually are.

On 10/8/2020 at 10:07 PM, msucolt45 said:

aggy ain’t got a chance vs. Flo rida!!!

On 10/9/2020 at 12:09 AM, General Specific said:

Beat as in reach around? Yes.

I knew Gata was going to fuck it up. I guess I’ll keep Droopy, Shooter. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 10:01 AM, Blotto said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3144356/3

A thread debating whether Saturday is a must win for Jimbo. It has the usual amount of wtf/cringe inducing posts, but this one really epitomizes what it means to be  aggy. Its perfect in every way. The problem can't be A&M or Jimbo, its those damn kids (but not the white ones). But still, success is just around the corner!

Do you think they know how obviously racist they are being or are all their meters broken or do they just not care?

That said, I think the point he is trying to make, sans political posturing and good ol' boy vibes, hits a little close to home.

2 hours ago, BevoSwag said:

SEC appears to be way down this year so I don't see anyone on the remaining aggy schedule that aggy shouldn't beat.  There.  Hope that did it.  Looking for my old Marie Laveau doll. 

SEC isn't down.  They just did not start their season with 3 games against the sisters of the poor, followed by a late season game against Tijuana tech school for the blind while all the other conferences played a real conference slate of games.

• Hook 'Em 2

"I just got back from College Station. THREE of my children attend undergrad at TAMU. Even with the limited crowd, it was a great game day atmosphere. So many cool traditions. A&M fits right in with the SEC.

A few thoughts:

1. They have incredibly gracious fans. I’ve been to Athens, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Tallahassee, and Auburn. If I am wearing Gator gear to an opposing venue, I have thick skin. I expect some good natured razzing and some harassing. I got NONE of that, even sitting in the student section, even in defeat. Instead, I got several “I’m glad you’re here. I hope you have a great time” and “beat the rest of the SEC up for us”. It was actually stunning how polite they were.
  2. The stadium as a whole was legitimately at 1/3 capacity or less. Very strange and my first in person game with the reduced capacity. It may have looked like more on TV but it was not. The student section (which was behind the bench) was more crowded, but every other row and with some spacing between groups. So prob 40-50% capacity on the east side. The west side and end zones, esp upper portions, were much less densely populated.
  3. That said, it was INCREDIBLY LOUD, esp at the moments that mattered towards the end. I had to plug my ears a few times. I know, I’m getting old. But it was loud. And nothing artificial piped in from what I could tell.
  4. The students are more engaged than any opposing fans I’ve ever seen. They don’t sit, even during time outs. They only sit if there is a player down on the field. It was over 90 degrees and sunny, so it was tiring. And they incessantly do “yells”...all game long. Weird cheers if you aren’t an Aggie. But it’s fun. And they impacted the game, IMO.
  5. They DID enforce mask wearing, at least where we were. My 8 year old daughter had hers off at one point and a staff member walked up 20 rows and politely told me she had to wear it. As a physician, I was impressed by that.
  6. The Corps of Cadets are classy. We entered the stadium as a parade marched in with their horses, toting their cannon on a horse drawn cart.
  7. Someone prayed over the PA system before the game. I thought it was awesome. Only in Texas.

I hate to lose any game. But I can tell you A&M needed this win. They are long suffering, eternally optimistic (but not arrogant) fans. My son told me that Jimbo probably saved his job with that win. While I don’t care much fo Jimbo, I will say I was happy for the fans. It was fun to watch their joy and see their hope that they can compete with the best. And, of course, I got to see my kids. All in all, eight of my kids got to accompany me to the game, which was really special. Even though it was not meant to be a substitute for my annual trek to the Swamp (that I will miss this year), it was a really great trip."

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3146546

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

No Gator fan with any self respect would write that shit.  

No fan of any sport anywhere on the planet has ever walked into an opposing stadium and disavowed their loyalty to their team because they were so overwhelmed by the experience. 

Period.

To believe otherwise self-identifies as a redneck idiot. 

Period. 

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

"I just got back from College Station. THREE of my children attend undergrad at TAMU. Even with the limited crowd, it was a great game day atmosphere. So many cool traditions. A&M fits right in with the SEC.

A few thoughts:

1. They have incredibly gracious fans. I’ve been to Athens, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Tallahassee, and Auburn. If I am wearing Gator gear to an opposing venue, I have thick skin. I expect some good natured razzing and some harassing. I got NONE of that, even sitting in the student section, even in defeat. Instead, I got several “I’m glad you’re here. I hope you have a great time” and “beat the rest of the SEC up for us”. It was actually stunning how polite they were.
  2. The stadium as a whole was legitimately at 1/3 capacity or less. Very strange and my first in person game with the reduced capacity. It may have looked like more on TV but it was not. The student section (which was behind the bench) was more crowded, but every other row and with some spacing between groups. So prob 40-50% capacity on the east side. The west side and end zones, esp upper portions, were much less densely populated.
  3. That said, it was INCREDIBLY LOUD, esp at the moments that mattered towards the end. I had to plug my ears a few times. I know, I’m getting old. But it was loud. And nothing artificial piped in from what I could tell.
  4. The students are more engaged than any opposing fans I’ve ever seen. They don’t sit, even during time outs. They only sit if there is a player down on the field. It was over 90 degrees and sunny, so it was tiring. And they incessantly do “yells”...all game long. Weird cheers if you aren’t an Aggie. But it’s fun. And they impacted the game, IMO.
  5. They DID enforce mask wearing, at least where we were. My 8 year old daughter had hers off at one point and a staff member walked up 20 rows and politely told me she had to wear it. As a physician, I was impressed by that.
  6. The Corps of Cadets are classy. We entered the stadium as a parade marched in with their horses, toting their cannon on a horse drawn cart.
  7. Someone prayed over the PA system before the game. I thought it was awesome. Only in Texas.

I hate to lose any game. But I can tell you A&M needed this win. They are long suffering, eternally optimistic (but not arrogant) fans. My son told me that Jimbo probably saved his job with that win. While I don’t care much fo Jimbo, I will say I was happy for the fans. It was fun to watch their joy and see their hope that they can compete with the best. And, of course, I got to see my kids. All in all, eight of my kids got to accompany me to the game, which was really special. Even though it was not meant to be a substitute for my annual trek to the Swamp (that I will miss this year), it was a really great trip."

it's not that they write this themselves every.fucking.time.

it's that they actually expect people to believe someone else writes this every.fucking.time.

come_on.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

No fan of any sport anywhere on the planet has ever walked into an opposing stadium and disavowed their loyalty to their team because they were so overwhelmed by the experience. 

Period.

To believe otherwise self-identifies as a redneck idiot. 

Period. 

No fan is ever happy for the loss because the other team needed a hang in there little buddy type of win...   Especially when your Team has been lost in the same desert as ours, just as long as ours.   

Take the loss pussy is one thing.  Happy for aggy without any concern for  the mass sheep rape coming?  Only aggy.

11 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

By this measure Santa Anna was one classy motherfucker

Nothing associated with the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets can be described as "classy."

It is a sad commentary on the people of Texas that while others around the world have institutions that prepare individuals for careers in military service, Texans promote the buffoonery that exemplifies the aggy corps. 

it serves no legitimate purpose other than to perpetuate low ambitions, racism, and ignorance. The sad little children who participate in that come out damaged, poorly educated, and lacking many of the positive attributes of adulthood while personifying many of the negatives. The only positive that comes to mind that that so few of them actually serve in the U.S. military, degrading our military and wasting taxpayer resources.

If aggys actually had any commitment to concepts of "honor," "leadership," or "service," through their behavior they would set an example for others to follow. Instead, they promote racism, create barriers to women and minorities who truly want to serve their nation, lie to themselves and others, and are an embarrassment to the people of Texas. The aggy corps should be treated as every other fraternity or sorority on campus. The ROTC detachment on the aggy campus should completely separate itself from the redneck costume party and start developing the potential of those who want to pursue careers in the military.

"Pathetic," yes. "Classy," no.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

yGlS7.jpg

Nut squeeze.jpg

red-ass-aggy small.jpg

aggy_ralph.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

17 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

I hate to lose any game. But I can tell you A&M needed this win. They are long suffering, eternally optimistic (but not arrogant) fans.

i dont know about you but i have certainly been to a game and thought "man, this other team needed to win"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2020 at 5:26 PM, Randolph Duke said:

A few thoughts:

Dear Aggy Penthouse Forum :

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 8:53 PM, Zeus said:

I'm guessing the Pentagon needed somewhere that if they accidentally shot down a plane it wouldn't be any great loss. Their first thought was College Station, Texas.

• Haha 1

People still think we make this shit up about aggys. Simply amazing.:

"I told the manager at Kroger that if she thinks she has the right to demand that I wear a mask, she also has the right to tell girls to cover their whole ass when they come into the store, so my boys and I don't have to go to confession. If she has that right, then she has that obligation. And if he does not have that right, then she does not have the right to tell me to play along with a lie to which I am morally and religiously opposed."

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3150097/replies/57735245

People still think we make this shit up about aggys. Simply amazing.:

"I told the manager at Kroger that if she thinks she has the right to demand that I wear a mask, she also has the right to tell girls to cover their whole ass when they come into the store, so my boys and I don't have to go to confession. If she has that right, then she has that obligation. And if he does not have that right, then she does not have the right to tell me to play along with a lie to which I am morally and religiously opposed."

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3150097/replies/57735245

This is a good example, but you missed the real magic.

This is the same poster further down the thread responding when someone asked why he is religiously opposed to wearing a mask. Yikes.

Edit to add: yes, he has a tag, so he is a verified graduate of that fine institution of higher education.

I worship Jesus Christ, the Incarnate Logos of the Eternal Father. He is the way, the truth, and the life. He is literally the truth. I literally worship the truth because he is the truth incarnate. When marxists create a worldwide Panic around something that has such an incredibly minuscule death rate, that is, less than the flu, and such an incredibly high contagion rate, that is, greater than the flu, and has a much more variable genome than the flu, making a vaccine something of a terrifying proposition and almost certain to fail... when it comes out of China exactly when it most benefits them to shut down the Hong Kong protests, and when it benefits the marxists to be able to mask themselves in public as antifa, and now I am being forced to comply in this lie put forth by those who want to destroy what is left of our Christian patrimony, this is precisely the sort of thing we have constitutional protections for. I will not be forced to participate in a lie. That is literally against my religion. The reaction to this whole thing has been such an incredible bloody overreaction. And we are all just allowing our lives to be upended by it... we do not deserve the freedoms that we claim to have which have been stolen from us already. I am gathering that we as a people don't deserve much of anything right now. We've lost all of our testicles collectively it appears.

But just as I cannot be forced to renounce the kingship of Jesus Christ even if it demands my blood, I cannot likewise be forced to act in a way that does not correspond with the truth.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This is the same poster further down the thread responding when someone asked why he is religiously opposed to wearing a mask. Yikes.

Edit to add: yes, he has a tag, so he is a verified graduate of that fine institution of higher education.

That's a lot of words when he could have said "trump don't wear no mask, so I ain't werring no mask.  "/No cloakroom..

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Holy shit

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Bet he's got one helluva punchable face,

• Hook 'Em 1