Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

"I'm not gay, but the guy sucking my dick is"

Look, IDGAF what anybody does with their cock, in private spaces. I have gay friends.  I support gay rights.  I'm very very concerned about the legality of gay marriage in the near future.  I'm not anti-gay, I'm not a homophobe.

Meanwhile, Liberace would take one look at Walker, and think to himself "what a fucking fruit". 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Look, IDGAF what anybody does with their cock, in private spaces. I have gay friends.  I support gay rights.  I'm very very concerned about the legality of gay marriage in the near future.  I'm not anti-gay, I'm not a homophobe.

Meanwhile, Liberace would take one look at Trump’s tacky apartment furnishings, and think to himself "what a fucking fruit". 

No need to thank me.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we can go ahead and dismiss this story, because it comes from that liberal media outlet ... um ... Stars and Stripes

Herschel Walker, the football legend and leading Republican Senate candidate in Georgia, often boasts of his work helping service members and veterans struggling with mental health.

In interviews and campaign appearances, the former Dallas Cowboy and Heisman Trophy winner takes credit for founding, co-founding and sometimes operating a program called Patriot Support. The program, he says, has taken him to military bases all over the world.

"About fifteen years ago, I started a program called Patriot Support," Walker said in an interview with conservative commentator Hugh Hewitt last October. "People need to know I started a military program, a military program that treats (thousands) of soldiers a year," he told Savannah TV station WTGS in February.

But corporate documents, court records and Senate disclosures reviewed by The Associated Press tell a more complicated story. Together they present a portrait of a celebrity spokesman who overstated his role in a for-profit program that is alleged to have preyed upon veterans and service members while defrauding the government.

The revelation marks the latest example of a far more complex reality that lies beneath the carefully curated autobiography Walker has pitched to voters.

Walker's campaign would not make him available for an interview.

"So let me get this straight — you are demonizing Herschel for being the face of an organization for 14 years that has helped tens of thousands of soldiers suffering from mental illness," Walker spokeswoman Mallory Blount said in an emailed statement that also criticized the media.

Still a brilliant strategy. People in Georgia will see it like his spokesman framed it. Republicans have been playing the long game with the “can’t say anything negative about the military” routine. Of course, unless it is them. They got a kid elected who pretended to be accepted into a military academy. And he would have been re-elected if it wasn’t for him poking the Republican Party. There is no way to win this argument for Democrats. 

1 minute ago, Queen Bitch said:

Someone talk me off the ledge -- Herschel and the GOP had several hundred thousand more primary votes cast than Reverend Warnock and the Dems. Are we fucked? 

I tend to think the R gov primary drove quite a bit of that… maybe… hopefully. Plus warnock was in no danger

17 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Someone talk me off the ledge -- Herschel and the GOP had several hundred thousand more primary votes cast than Reverend Warnock and the Dems. Are we fucked? 

Herschel slaughtered his opponent tonight. Would Herschel be the dumbest human to ever be elected to the US Senate should he win this November?

anyone else chuckling at the fact that both candidates for Senate in GA are POC's? like, when racists get to the polls, how will they choose? gotta think there are plenty of water heads in GA that will refuse to pull the lever for a black guy regardless of party. I dunno, I'm not racist, so I'm not really sure how they think. 

18 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Georgia is going to elect this dumbfuck, aren't they?

Highly likelihood that we see Senator Walker in DC next January. However we will rarely hear him speak as he can't seem to make a coherent argument outside of a few sentences that his aides drill into his mind. 

It's still important to remember that GA went Biden AND 2 Dem senators within the last 18 months ago.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone else chuckling at the fact that both candidates for Senate in GA are POC's? like, when racists get to the polls, how will they choose? gotta think there are plenty of water heads in GA that will refuse to pull the lever for a black guy regardless of party. I dunno, I'm not racist, so I'm not really sure how they think. 

They'll vote for the Good One.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/25/2022 at 1:07 AM, Queen Bitch said:

I voted in the R primary to vote for Kemp and hero of democracy Brad Raffensperger as well as actually having a say in local races. I’ll be close to straight ticket D in the general. I’m not sure how many crossed over, but there was a sense among many sane Georgians that Kemp and Raffensperger winning were the highest priorities since the leading opponents were Big Lie Trump allies. The statewide D races weren’t  very close.

• Hook 'Em 5

48 minutes ago, Mole said:

I voted in the R primary to vote for Kemp and hero of democracy Brad Raffensperger as well as actually having a say in local races. I’ll be close to straight ticket D in the general. I’m not sure how many crossed over, but there was a sense among many sane Georgians that Kemp and Raffensperger winning were the highest priorities since the leading opponents were Big Lie Trump allies. The statewide D races weren’t  very close.

So did my brother & SIL in Georgia.  They're both big Bernie supporters, but they voted in the R primary.

Alternate take: MAGA will be so keen on showing "see, we're not racist!" that they'll sweep Herschel into the White House in short order, both to make that point AND to cause a flood of sweet liberal tears ("look at all them libs crying about how we're 'putting a mental defective into the most powerful office in the world,' and how we've 'given a bona-fide brain-damaged drooling moron the nuclear launch codes.'  Ain't them lib tears SWEET?!?!?")

Because this timeline.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

Herschel is a new level of dumb for the GOP. They are not satisfied with electing know nothing fools so it's time to start electing people with potato brains. Easier to control I guess.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Alternate take: MAGA will be so keen on showing "see, we're not racist!" that they'll sweep Herschel into the White House in short order, both to make that point AND to cause a flood of sweet liberal tears ("look at all them libs crying about how we're 'putting a mental defective into the most powerful office in the world,' and how we've 'given a bona-fide brain-damaged drooling moron the nuclear launch codes.'  Ain't them lib tears SWEET?!?!?")

Because this timeline.

Walker/Greene ‘24

How bout them dawgs for america!

15 minutes ago, F250 said:

Herschel is a new level of dumb for the GOP. They are not satisfied with electing know nothing fools so it's time to start electing people with potato brains. Easier to control I guess.

Counterpoint:

Boebert-Greene.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mole said:

I read somewhere that GA has a fairly large number of Independents that went for Biden bigly.  They stayed home in the primary. 

• Hook 'Em 1

actually... Johnny would be a significant upgrade 🤔

he's got partying dna, questionable morals and makes terrible decisions...but I don't think his soul is wretched or that he's a complete moron. he'd be a fuckton better than Gohmert. i said it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, F250 said:

Herschel is a new level of dumb for the GOP. They are not satisfied with electing know nothing fools so it's time to start electing people with mashed potato brains. Easier to control I guess.

Mama say mama say mama say them foosball gargantuans bang they heads together somethin fierce.

• Hook 'Em 1

Herschel won on name recognition. His campaign did a great job keeping his dumb ass out of debates and off TV. 

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Alternate take: MAGA will be so keen on showing "see, we're not racist!" that they'll sweep Herschel into the White House in short order, 

Because this timeline.

But will MAGA even show up to elect him to the senate?

Trump sank both Perdue and Loeffler due to his vendetta against Kemp. I say he does it again and sinks Walker in the process. There's already many in Georgia who say they'll stay home rather than vote for Kemp. Those are voters Walker will need to win. Good chance we see Kemp and Warnock both re-elected and get to see a raging Trump throw another temper tantrum. 

Wow, this guy on the stupid level of the  "are you afraid Guam is going to tip over?"  guy.  I can't imagine someone meeting this dude and thinking, "yeah! Herschel Walker could be a senator! Let's throw a few million bucks behind him!"

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread