Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

Someone talk me off the ledge -- Herschel and the GOP had several hundred thousand more primary votes cast than Reverend Warnock and the Dems. Are we fucked? 

Neither Warnock nor Abrams had a serious challenger. There was a competitive governor’s race in the GOP though. And don’t forget the blood feud of a GOP SOS race.

All else equal, primary turnout can be predictive, but all else was not equal here.
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, trauma babe said:

One of the gayest things I've ever seen in my gay-ass life.

I admire the degree of irony-deafness in recording oneself gesticulating like a marionette whose strings are caught up in a ceiling fan and shouting at the camera that an entire community is all about seeking attention and saying look at me.

The crowning moment of irony-deafness is prior to his lament about gas prices. You want the attention. You need the attention. No one cares!

He may be cracking under the strain of being the brains of his family. T&P

Edit to add: I can't think of anything that would make any community or club more proud than this guy saying he's not a member. 

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

@RomaVicta Yeah, the irony was oozing from that.  It is actually one of the more ironic things I have ever seen in the true sense of the word (not the rain on a wedding day kind).

So much so that it comes off as straight (cough) up attention whoring.  Which I think is the real purpose of this "look at me" bit.

It's like he's whatever you call the gay version of an uncle Tom*, (Oops, I went there) the daily double on being a traitor to yourself.  Is there anything more ironic than that?

*I suggest that we call that a Lady bug or Lyndsey

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 1

There was a pretty solid TV movie about Thurgood Marshall which aligned with what I learned as an undergrad at UT.

The Black Pride movement was a corrective measure designed to counterbalance the fact that so many black people wished they were white. Black children preferred white dolls.

An acquaintance of mine in high school was told he could only play on varsity basketball if he stopped seeing a white girl. I just happened to be in the locker room after the coach told him. Such a great discussion (I mostly listened. Maybe I should call it a lesson) on how he felt about being black and how when he was young he wished he was white.

Other racial pride movements arose because people are stupid. The usual white suspects felt offended and wondered why they shouldn't be proud. Recently it's Black Lives Matter. No! All lives matter! Idiot World.

I think Gay Pride, which has come to embrace all persons who don't fit what was deemed traditional and "normal," is actually similar to the Black pride movement. Who would have chosen to be gay when you couldn't reveal your nature or when revealing your nature was a genuinely dangerous move? It's another beaten-up group of American citizens.

Walker treats it like non-blacks treated Black Pride. Why can't I be proud not to be you!?

That's. Not. The. Point. Moron.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Yeah, he doesn't want to be in the community, I'm fine with that.  

I wish he didn't feel like he had to overcompensate to keep a relationship with his family though.  That's sad.

I actually wonder if Walker has the brain capacity to comprehend thoughts such as that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RatJuul said:

I don't understand the semantics I guess but I've literally read on this website people saying that a man going down on another man person who has a penis but doesn't identify as a man, means that man is not gay, and that makes sense to people here as a concept.

But a guy who said he is attracted to males but does not identify as gay is a bridge too far.

I think all the above is beyond absurd, but I'm guessing it's his political stripe that has people intolerant?

A person who is only attracted to the people of the same sex is a homosexual, which we tend to call gay or lesbian in the US.  So he can identify himself however he wants, but he's still only attracted to men and he himself is a man.  That means he's a homosexual, AKA gay. 

Further, this has nothing to do with his political stripe.  Hell, I'm not sure he even has a political stripe.  These videos make him look like a kid who is desperately hoping his family will accept him, and he's throwing in every talking point he's ever heard at the dinner table to make sure they hear that he's on the same page as they are.  He's afraid his parents don't love him and that's sad.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, RatJuul said:

I don't understand the semantics I guess but I've literally read on this website people saying that a man going down on another man person who has a penis but doesn't identify as a man, means that man is not gay, and that makes sense to people here as a concept.

But a guy who said he is attracted to males but does not identify as gay is a bridge too far.

I think all the above is beyond absurd, but I'm guessing it's his political stripe that has people intolerant?

ClungebobCumpants 10 Hours Ago I DONT HAVE SEX WITH WOMEN CUZ THEY LIKE DICK  AND DAT SHIT GAY AF!!! | AF Meme on ME.ME

1 minute ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

A person who is only attracted to the people of the same sex is a homosexual, which we tend to call gay or lesbian in the US.  So he can identify himself however he wants, but he's still only attracted to men and he himself is a man.  That means he's a homosexual, AKA gay. 

Further, this has nothing to do with his political stripe.  Hell, I'm not sure he even has a political stripe.  These videos make him look like a kid who is desperately hoping his family will accept him, and he's throwing in every talking point he's ever heard at the dinner table to make sure they hear that he's on the same page as they are.  He's afraid his parents don't love him and that's sad.

they probably don't. at least his dad doesn't. his dad probably doesn't even realize he exists

8 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

just so everyone is clear she's talking to @RatJuul and not me - we have different pet names

Thanks for clearing up who this "new" poster RatJuul is. I didn't realize DonkeyCigars was crowdsourced. How many usernames is he/she up to? Greater or less than the number of Herschel Walker personalities?

Edited by C-Man

1 hour ago, RatJuul said:

Maybe you should link that, dumbfuck?

@immamac

Edited by Beau Vine

1 hour ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

To take that line of reasoning a little farther out - he could be a spoiled rich kid who never worked a job in his life that wasn't tied to his dad in some way, but his dad tolerated he and his lifestyle and various choices (clothing, mannerisms, etc.) and everybody was fine with the status quo, even if they didn't understand it.

All of the sudden his dad is hanging out with people who absolutely loathe him/loathe the way he dresses/speaks, and who only see him as an impediment to his dad winning a political office. So it's possibly gone beyond simply not being loved - the kid could be absolutely terrified of being completely cut off from his family now that his dad is hanging with this other crowd, and his dad is buying what they are selling.  

Whether the kid is stupid or not, he has to know on some level that the new-ish crowd of people around his dad hate his guts and see him as a liability.

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

To take that line of reasoning a little farther out - he could be a spoiled rich kid who never worked a job in his life that wasn't tied to his dad in some way, but his dad tolerated he and his lifestyle and various choices (clothing, mannerisms, etc.) and everybody was fine with the status quo, even if they didn't understand it.

All of the sudden his dad is hanging out with people who absolutely loathe him/loathe the way he dresses/speaks, and who only see him as an impediment to his dad winning a political office. So it's possibly gone beyond simply not being loved - the kid could be absolutely terrified of being completely cut off from his family now that his dad is hanging with this other crowd, and his dad is buying what they are selling.  

Whether the kid is stupid or not, he has to know on some level that the new-ish crowd of people around his dad hate his guts and see him as a liability.

Isn't the normal reaction in that situation to keep your head fucking low and not continue being an absolute attention whore?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Isn't the normal reaction in that situation to keep your head fucking low and not continue being an absolute attention whore?

Sure, normally.  

His home life was....you can read up on Herschel and his ex-wife, but lots of crazy shit there.  He's a kid that has acted/dressed/talked/etc. this way for a while, and at worst his dad tolerated it, and at best, his dad embraced it.  He comes out of high school and goes to SMU, then later transfers to UCLA, all the while gathering up a decent internet following (that brings its own problems).

He holds various views that seem at odds with his lifestyle, but that please his dad.  We don't even know if those views are his own or if he's throwing them out there to get his dad's (positive) attention.

And then, like I said, all of the sudden, he's realizing that there are people around his dad that would love for him to disappear off the face of the earth, so he either keeps his head down, or he works even harder to get his dad's attention.  He could very well believe that if he keeps his head low and out of the spotlight, that these people will completely sideline him/cut him off from his dad, so he's got a remind his dad that he exists.

Just spitballin'

I've started to find Warnock intriguing and one of the more interesting senators the more I heard from him. So of course he's about to be replaced by someone who is barely coherent and criminally stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Chooky said:

I've started to find Warnock intriguing and one of the more interesting senators the more I heard from him. So of course he's about to be replaced by someone who is barely coherent and criminally stupid. 

Warnock has the character that Republicans pretend like they are voting for, while Walker is who they really want because he talks just like them.

On 6/3/2022 at 4:52 AM, TexArcher said:

Man, this is one fucked up kid

It’s not often that you run into a self-loathing gay person who admits they’re gay but says, “Don’t call me gay.”

Maybe shitty parenting played a role in that dysfunction.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It’s not often that you run into a self-loathing gay person who admits they’re gay but says, “Don’t call me gay.”

Maybe shitty parenting played a role in that dysfunction.

All it takes is one parent to say "I DON'T EVER WANT TO HEAR THAT WORD IN THIS HOUSE AGAIN!"

On 6/3/2022 at 4:38 PM, royiv said:

I don't understand how posters can be crowdsourced multiple times and just want to show up again and again with a new name.

I spend a lot more time on here than I should, but when I get run off that will be it.  I’ll find another corner of the internet to fuck around on.

10 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I spend a lot more time on here than I should, but when I get run off that will be it.  I’ll find another corner of the internet to fuck around on.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that for a while.  

3 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

I'm not even sure it's daddy issues. He doesn't want to work, wants to be famous, and sees the coins folks like Candace make to scream at libz. 

There's definitely some daddy issues mixed in.

9 hours ago, Queen Bitch said:

I'm not even sure it's daddy issues. He doesn't want to work, wants to be famous, and sees the coins folks like Candace make to scream at libz. 

9 hours ago, chainsaw said:

There's definitely some daddy issues mixed in.

Yep, that repression is running pretty deep.

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread