Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Those text messages and emails emoji102.png

But, I mean, you do understand the simple truth about GQP politics, right?

1 -- the worse the behavior, the worse the scumminess, the worse the absolute shittiness....

2 -- the MORE it qualifies him to be a GQP candidate and actually GAINS the candidate support.

It's not that shittiness is no longer a liability.  It's that it's an asset, and the only one that really matters.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1 -- the worse the behavior, the worse the scumminess, the worse the absolute shittiness....

2 -- the MORE it qualifies him to be a GQP candidate and actually GAINS the candidate support.

It's not that shittiness is no longer a liability.  It's that it's an asset, and the only one that really matters.

latest polls in Georgia aren't supporting this narrative. 

What you are saying ONLY works if the supporters believe the candidate is being persecuted for their beliefs (Paxton, Trump, etc.)

The problem Herschel has is he struggles to string together complete sentences. I mean he'll try but his campaign is a complete mess right now. 

Edited by The Dog
  • Hook 'Em 4

36 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Those text messages and emails emoji102.png

You gots to remember that he won on name recognition and Trump's endorsement. He avoided all debates and didn't say much. 

Now he's doing the worst thing he can do - open his mouth. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Its really amazing how morally bankrupt the vast majority of the GQP has become. 

So far, Walker and the campaign appear to have run a strong race since he got out of the blocks last August—quickly raising tens of millions of dollars, and coasting through the primary with about two-thirds of the vote.

And while the general election contest against Warnock shows no signs of being anything less than brutal, the campaign, like Walker, is projecting an air of confidence.

“Do we have problems? Yes! Can we solve them? Yes!,” Walker says at the end of his new campaign ad. “Georgia is my family. The United States is my family. So I’m going to fight and take care of them.”

Imagine donating money to this fuckstick's campaign. Dumb as a fucking potato and gets caught lying every time he opens his Trump cockholster. And yet the majority of the GQP in the state of Georgia believes sending this mentally defective imbecile to DC is the path forward for this country. Idiocracy in action. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

An amazing illustration of how some people don’t give a shit about what’s best for the country as long as the candidate has an R next to their name and will vote for tax breaks that benefit the wealthy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The vetting process must’ve gone like this:

Name recognition =

Black =

Republican =

And nobody within the GOP cared about literally anything else 

You forgot:

Willing to slobberingly fellate Trump =

With that, you're spot-on.  It is a party bankrupt of any ideas other than being dicks.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe there was a vetting process. Herschel just announced that he was running and I assume he somehow found someone that would help him put together a team. 

I think this too but it's also possible some dumbass recruited him to run. 

Just now, Macanudo said:

how do they not see the idiocy and horribad nature of them?

They LIKE those things.  Especially the idiocy.  They think they can use idiots like Herschel to elevate themselves.  The humiliating thing is that the idiots always end up outsmarting them.

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

I just can't wrap my head around wanting to work for people like Walker and Trump.   Sure, there's a grift angle but how do they not see the idiocy and horribad nature of them?

Outside of the grift, there are probably some that see the Trumps or Walkers of the world as a tool to get their political ideology across. In the past if you wanted to get close to power, you might have to spend a fair amount of time working your way into that world. Now you might only be a tweet away to being called into a room with them.

Trump or Walker have zero political ideology outside of power. Whoever wants to elect them, Trump/Walker will fight for your cause.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I think BamaChick means, 'whew, if he had let all that out early enough, he'd be running away with thing'.  Dodged a bullet and what not...

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The vetting process must’ve gone like this:

Name recognition =

Black =

Republican =

And nobody within the GOP cared about literally anything else 

There is no other person in Georgia that can meet all three criteria. Literally no one.

Shit in = shit out.

2 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I just can't wrap my head around wanting to work for people like Walker and Trump.   Sure, there's a grift angle but how do they not see the idiocy and horribad nature of them?

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

They LIKE those things.  Especially the idiocy.  They think they can use idiots like Herschel to elevate themselves.  The humiliating thing is that the idiots always end up outsmarting them.

I like what @Nice Guy Eddie said about being one tweet away from being hired - those opportunities to skip working for lesser campaigns and make the leap to major campaigns are few and far between, unless you’ve put in a lot of work for that candidate in previous years in another capacity.  

But I’ve seen campaigns from the inside where there was some accountability and somebody was watching the checkbook.  I’d imagine a camapign like Trump’s or Walker’s would be extraordinarily easy to manipulate and grift like crazy.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

On 7/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don't believe there was a vetting process. Herschel just announced that he was running and I assume he somehow found someone that would help him put together a team. 

Slight correction: Donald Trump went through his tiny rolodex of black people he has met in his life, discovered that there was a former football player from Georgia on one of the Apprentice seasons, and then HE decided that Herschel would run.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Slight correction: Donald Trump went through his tiny rolodex of black people he has met in his life, discovered that there was a former football player from Georgia on one of the Apprentice seasons, and then HE decided that Herschel would run.

This.  Between trump and radical racist republicans, they are eager to get any Black person to run as a R so they can say “see, we aren’t racist!?!?!”

And I’m starting to come up with a theory as to why these Black people are accepting these offers, especially that dude in Arizona who made a KKK commercial.

On 7/7/2022 at 2:56 PM, Brisketexan said:

I think it's more that when you're looking for work you're desperate and willing to overlook red flags. It's the same reason men date crazy women.

3 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I think it's more that when you're looking for work you're desperate and willing to overlook red flags. It's the same reason men date crazy women.

Or women dating crazy, insecure men. 

• Like 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread