Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

Pastor Warnock, from Ebeneezer Baptist, the same church MLK preached at, is not going to troll another black man that probably has mental issues to get more votes.

Jesus F’n Christ 

Then maybe the Dems should have run someone else?

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

He has an "honorary doctor?"  Did I hear that correctly?

Doctor of Neighborhood

Walker came around a bit before my time — though I seem to remember a magazine cover doing push-ups with his wife on his back. He seems completely docile now…good for the violence but fuckboi Cruz and the GQP are bordering on CTE exploitation.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Trump being a fucking idiot whose loyal bootlickers are even bigger fucking idiots is once again going to cost the GOP in the elections (even if it is horrifying to see these people as actual candidates within striking distance of winning).  Herschel is going to lose a seat that would be a slam dunk for the GOP under normal circumstances.  Dr. Oz is going to lose in Pennsylvania.  Masters is going to lose in Arizona.  They’re all candidates simply because of Trump.

Trump is poison to his own party, but cults gonna cult.  Maybe in 2024 we will get Dennis Rodman, Stephen Baldwin, and Omarosa in Senate races, and Vince McMahon for VP.

trump lost - White House, house, senate, Georgia, Arizona and the clock hasn’t hit 00:00 yet 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Doctor of Neighborhood

Walker came around a bit before my time — though I seem to remember a magazine cover doing push-ups with his wife on his back. 

He claimed he did 1000 situps and push-ups every day, or some such BS.

Edited by Horndog

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker played with an ill-fitting helmet
8 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Pastor Warnock, from Ebeneezer Baptist, the same church MLK preached at, is not going to troll another black man that probably definitely has mental issues to get more votes.

Jesus F’n Christ 

Just want to be accurate here.  It was a well known FACT in Dallas County.

14 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Pastor Warnock, from Ebeneezer Baptist, the same church MLK preached at, is not going to troll another black man that probably has mental issues to get more votes.

Jesus F’n Christ 

Making fun of Herschel’s intellectual capacity isn’t going to help Warnock. There are already enough people doing that online so anyone, who wants to see this, can do so.

while not in GA, I could see my GOP friends rationalize voting for someone like Herschel here. They would agree the candidate is far from ideal but that they cannot vote for the Dem, who would ruin the city/state/nation. 

43 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I can’t wait to see the kind of pork the lobbyists push through this doofus.

”Today, with the passage of H.B. 1170, which I co-authored, we can now provide sporks to every school kid in America!”

..or an oldie but a goodie.. .."This bill marks a giant step forward in the treatment of the insane gambler....harumph "

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

**for the record, I had forgotten ‘eggplant’ was a racist term used way back In the past 

I would never have heard it if not for the Dennis Hopper-Christopher Walken scene from True Romance.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:08 PM, C-Man said:

If, and that's a big IF, the Republicans can get him to win they will just tell him which way to vote. He'll never think for himself or step away from the party line.

No way Herschel can sit through bill discussions. Will he serve on committees? Can he operate a pencil or read drafts?  Any argument where he can understand legislation or precedent is disingenuous.  He can't perform the job of being a lawmaker.  They can and should question that because that's the job.  And their job is to vet candidates.  Running for office is a vetting process.  Warnock needs to do his job and ask Walker questions through the media or wherever about Herschel's ability to govern.   

5 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Climate issues reduced to, They're going to take your hamburgers and make you walk in tree shade. Tree shade in the cities using your tax dollars!

It'd be righteous if we were brought down by cow farts. Poetry even.

15 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

Trump being a fucking idiot whose loyal bootlickers are even bigger fucking idiots is once again going to cost the GOP in the elections (even if it is horrifying to see these people as actual candidates within striking distance of winning).  Herschel is going to lose a seat that would be a slam dunk for the GOP under normal circumstances.  Dr. Oz is going to lose in Pennsylvania.  Masters is going to lose in Arizona.  They’re all candidates simply because of Trump.

Trump is poison to his own party, but cults gonna cult.  Maybe in 2024 we will get Dennis Rodman, Stephen Baldwin, and Omarosa in Senate races, and Vince McMahon for VP.

You would think eventually they'll get sick and tired of losing

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Serious question:

Is Herschel Walker really any dumber than Marjorie Taylor Greene or Lauren Boebert?

He was smarter, and more successful. After CTE, seems like one of those too-close-to-call situations. He never graduated UGA, but in theory he at least attended some classes.

22 hours ago, Tuco said:

Guys like McConnell and Cruz think Warniok won the Senate seat because he is black, rather than in spite of being black. It's a similar reason to why Palin was a vice-president candidate.  They truly believe white men are persecuted and the obstacles are lower for minorities.  

Maybe they did research using I'm Gonna Get You Sucka and found out what it takes to become a black hero.  (1:22 from clip)

19 hours ago, Post Oak said:

What happened to that guy? 

He didn't have a Mack Brown type looking out for his long term health.  

Just now, WBT said:

You would think eventually they'll get sick and tired of losing

A lot of republicans are tired of Trump. He's boring, repetitive, and can't govern. They aren't vocal so the press doesn't really cover it. But he's not the future of the party.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

A lot of republicans are tired of Trump. He's boring, repetitive, and can't govern. They aren't vocal so the press doesn't really cover it. But he's not the future of the party.

Obviously.  There just hasn't been anyone with the balls and cleverness to take his voters away from him.  He doesn't have enough to win an election but he can spoil an R primary.

Edited by WBT

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Wow, I was born and raised in Louisiana and Texas and never new "eggplant" was used as a racist slur. 

Not as many EYE-talians as there are back East. 😉

6 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

No way Herschel can sit through bill discussions. Will he serve on committees? Can he operate a pencil or read drafts?  Any argument where he can understand legislation or precedent is disingenuous.  He can't perform the job of being a lawmaker.  They can and should question that because that's the job.  And their job is to vet candidates.  Running for office is a vetting process.  Warnock needs to do his job and ask Walker questions through the media or wherever about Herschel's ability to govern.   

All he has to do is vote on the Republican side 100% of the time he will more than serve their purpose.

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread