Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

On 8/18/2022 at 8:40 PM, bluto said:

That is so embarrassing.  It's basically "hey [insert insulting reference to Black person of your choice] come over here and sing for me.  And dance a bit too while you're at it and don't forget to smile."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

how could anyone with even half brain, think that walker running for the senate would be a good idea ?

15 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Herschel Walker (R) <---

think-smart.gif

If, and that's a big IF, the Republicans can get him to win they will just tell him which way to vote. He'll never think for himself or step away from the party line.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:18 AM, Beau Vine said:

On 8/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, Beau Vine said:

Guys like McConnell and Cruz think Warniok won the Senate seat because he is black, rather than in spite of being black. It's a similar reason to why Palin was a vice-president candidate.  They truly believe white men are persecuted and the obstacles are lower for minorities.  

17 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

how could anyone with even half brain, think that walker running for the senate would be a good idea ?

The thinking is this: The last one was a close election. If Rs get typical voters out, and peel away some Warnock voters, it might tip the scales. Name recognition + black+ Republican.

The problem is he’s too stupid to bag groceries and it’s pretty hard to hide stupid in the Senate or a state wide race. This isn’t a gerrymandered house seat

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

jfc when Herschel speaks he reminds me of the guy who couldn't get no slab on fb and who's aunty/uncle/cousin always made him 'feel cry' 😳

I always loved watching him run at UGA, but I honestly didn't pay attention to him once he went pro.  Was he always this dim or is this a CTE kind of thing?

2 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Always projections 

Seriously, poor Herschel is that pro wrestler who always needed a manager because he couldn’t cut a promo…and Ted Cruz wants everyone to see a Dwayne Johnson or a Ric Flair in that empty head of his.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

His race will keep voters at home, helping the D’s in the governor’s race 

I’m torn on this.  Radical racist republicans are giddy over someone like Walker because they can point to him and say “see, if we were racist, we wouldn’t be voting for Herschel” while at the same time not understanding that voting for 1 Black guy (who is dumb as blue hell) does not mean you’re not racist.  

2 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I’m torn on this.  Radical racist republicans are giddy over someone like Walker because they can point to him and say “see, if we were racist, we wouldn’t be voting for Herschel” while at the same time not understanding that voting for 1 Black guy (who is dumb as blue hell) does not mean you’re not racist.  

If/when trump turns his back on him, his followers will too 

Just now, Pancho said:

Especially when you consider that he’s Exhibit A of a white, southern, racist male’s stereotypical perception of a black man.

”I can’t be racist because I voted for a black man!”

Yeah, the one black man everyone should have voted against.

It’s just proof positive that the GQP and their voters are all about party over country. Seriously, they can’t even argue about that anymore. The only reason they’d ever consider voting for poor Herschel is precisely, exactly, and only because Herschel is a Trump boot licker from way back.

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

I'm pretty sure that Georgia Republicans who vote for Herschel Walker will believe that will satisfy their "one Black friend" requirement. 

https://neuro.psychiatryonline.org/doi/10.1176/appi.neuropsych.11090214

Jesus

Jesus is the foundation figure of Christianity, who is thought to have lived between 7–2 BCE and 26–36 CE. The New Testament (NT) recalls Jesus as having experienced and shown behavior closely resembling the DSM-IV-TR–defined phenomena of AHs, VHs, delusions, referential thinking (see Figure 3), paranoid-type (PS subtype) thought content, and hyperreligiosity (see Table 1). 

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, immamac said:

Man, remember when someone shot off their mouth that the GOP was distancing itself from Trump and told him they’d stop paying legal fees if he didn’t back off and then I said “lol the GOP can’t get away from trump he will drag them down with him” and then that same someone doubled down and told me I had no idea what I was talking about. Cuz I ‘member. 

Does his sounds vaguely like if you said "anal stasis" while holding your tongue?

3 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

That would actually make sense but you know Dems will never go for it 

This isn't on you, per se, but it would be nice to get away from the "never" language. It's the counter to what the 'Pubs have done my whole life - the 'what if' game. What if immigrants stole your job? what if that guy touches your little girl in the bathroom? That kinda shit. the dem version is the never game. it's fucking old. the only way to think positively is to actually do it. you can actually reprogram your brain to go from automatically negative thoughts to positive ones in certain situations - but you have to work at it. anyway, just took a big bong rip and that one has been eating at me a while.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

**for the record, I had forgotten ‘eggplant’ was a racist term used way back In the past 

shit, I thought I had heard them all growing up near Little Elm (oh yeah). had to look that one up. no Italians in the immediate area. our slurs were more localized and well, not creative in the least.

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread