Herschel Walker catch-all thread

Gil Bang

18 hours ago, Pancho said:

Christ

18 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Keep fighting, but I wouldn't worry about this race yet

Georgia is super inelastic.  There's not that many swing voters, really.

Dems have a floor of 45-46% and GOP has a floor of 47-48%

There's really only few voters you can try to persuade. Plus the stupid 50% rule. 

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

You are seeing what happens when a mentally ill person also gets CTE from football.

See, you're stereotyping.  You have it in the wrong order!  He got CTE from football.  We know this.  Then he joined MAGA Nation.  And, in addition to CTE, he got mentally ill as a result of being around those people.  You can get hurt playing sports, we know this.  And later in life, if you surround yourself with fucking morons, you can also catch massive mental stupidity.  It's a very potent and dangerous cocktail.  

No, I'm pretty sure if you dig in to his life, Walker was showing signs of mental illness a very long time ago.  For all we know, Jimmie Johnson may have known he was crazy and it played a role in the famous trade that sent him to Minnesota.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Univ of Georgia might have a problem that someone is using their logo on political hats. Also being an Etsy store, I doubt this store has any licensing rights to use their logo in any method.

MTG takes pics with her constituents proudly wearing hers. Seriously.

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

So his claim to being in law enforcement is a twist on donating to a police fund like the 100 Club to receive a sticker for the back of his car. But instead of helping the family of fallen officers, he was helping a sheriff stay in office.

the most likely explanation is that Herschel wanted something to show the sheriff deputies when they arrived at his house on a domestic violence call. Herschel was surprising showing some planning ability. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Real question for someone in Georgia or following this race more closely --

I would get a jillion emails a day from Warnock's campaign asking for money. But haven't seen efforts to educate people on who Walker is:  a violent abusive man with mental problems (ok, have seen a few Rubes doing "what-about-Warnock's ex-wife said he did something to her foot. So same-same"). But it seems R voters in Georgia are mostly unaware of the big ugly picture of Herschel.

So are Warnock's people getting info out at all about all the police calls and violent incidents? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I would get a jillion emails a day from Warnock's campaign asking for money. But haven't seen efforts to educate people on who Walker is:  a violent abusive man with mental problems (ok, have seen a few Rubes doing "what-about-Warnock's ex-wife said he did something to her foot. So same-same"). But it seems R voters in Georgia are mostly unaware of the big ugly picture of Herschel.

So are Warnock's people getting info out at all about all the police calls and violent incidents? 

I get those emails, too.  You bring up a good point.

So then Sean Penn and Robert Duvall said to each other, "No man, let's walk down that fence line...ah, never mind."  And they both died in a murder-suicide pact because Herschel Walker might get sit on the floor of the United States Senate.  Think about that.  I will never be a member of the Democrat Party, at least not for the next couple decades.  But I abandoned the Republican Party in 2004 and then the Libertarian Party in 2020 because shit like this cannot stand.  We cannot elect mentally retarded people to high office.  I don't expect the highest and best among us to serve publicly, they can do their own thing.  I get it. 

But people who were in my sister's class of other folks with high-functioning Down's Syndrome don't get to play Senator.  She works as a file clerk in an AllState Insurance office.  And I'm super fucking proud of her.  That's what Herschel should be doing.  My sister shouldn't be anywhere near the fucking Senate floor.  I took her on a tour of the Texas Capitol once and she got nervous because she saw a bunch of smart-sounding people walking around in suits.  That's how Herschel should feel.  But with my sister, it was sweet.  With Herschel, it's fucking embarrassing.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 1:25 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I live in Georgia, but don’t watch much tv. YouTube ads have gotten pretty violent describing Walker’s past though. They ran with the lying stuff for a while and now have switched over to the violence. I assume it’s an anti-Walker campaign, but you never can tell anymore.

They’re putting it out there, but I couldn’t tell you what’s on tv.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Crazy that Walker is staying even if not gaining ground. Decent chance this goes to a runoff.

He has a bunch of racist jokes in his back pocket…Along with a half eaten hash brown and a 1990 Cortez Kennedy rookie card.  

Anyways, once he throws out the racist jokes it will solidify voter turnout and we will have Senator Herschel Walker.  

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

He has a bunch of racist jokes in his back pocket…Along with a half eaten hash brown and a 1990 Cortez Kennedy rookie card.  

Anyways, once he throws out the racist jokes it will solidify voter turnout and we will have Senator Herschel Walker.  

Sad but you’re right. Warnock should practically chastise GA that he isn’t up by 20 in the polls.  But not sure Texas can talk. We keep electing an indicted state AG. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

what is Warnock's campaign doing besides fundraising?

Is he pounding on all the many Herschel negatives?

If Herschel is refusing to debate, will Warnock do a town hall with an empty chair there? 

Get fierce, JFC

Good questions, seems like democrats doing what they do best, sit back and let the rs win 

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

what is Warnock's campaign doing besides fundraising?

Is he pounding on all the many Herschel negatives?

If Herschel is refusing to debate, will Warnock do a town hall with an empty chair there? 

Get fierce, JFC

that last part might be some of the problem. I'm leery when heads of congregations and former military get into politics. will likely never change that opinion.

• Hook 'Em 1

Gotta give Herschel credit there...his facts were wrong.  But that was actually one of the most cohesive verbal flows he's had in a long while.  He even conjugated verbs correctly at times.  And he looked comfortable with his own tongue and jaw.  That's not nothing.  He keeps improving and some formerly ashamed Republicans will be forced to come out and vote for him after all.  

Also, re: thread title.  I'm starting to think there's a distinct possibility it wasn't the helmet.  There's a chance Herschel was just always stupid.  Just as Trump revealed the stupidity of the base, so too did CTE reveal what we always knew about Herschel.  Talking about symptoms and recent events won't cure the underlying stupidity.  

• Gil Bang changed the title to Herschel Walker catch-all thread