Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

5 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Holy shit, I graduated the last year you could take a “foreign language substitute*,” and I took 15 hours of “European Studies.” One of my classes was something like “Slavic Folklore,” in which we literally spent several weeks studying really fucked up fairy tales, some very dark shit. One of my favorite classes ever. I’d love to read some of those stories again. 

*You had to pass two foreign language classes in high school to qualify. I took Spanish I in 8th grade, Spanish II in 9th, so though I “had” two years of foreign language, one was technically in junior high, and I sweated whether this would come back to haunt me until that last exit interview you have as a graduating Senior, when the counselor dude said, “Vito, you’re all good.”

Congrats jamarkus

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Please, don't do this. You can say fuck, cunt, shit, and cock to your heart's content here.

I don't understand why you got do that in front of the kids?  All you have to say is ear muffs....then you can say anything you want!

Top 30 Old School Earmuffs GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

17 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

None of that forgives the piece of shit behavior by Blake Brockermeyer throughout the entire process, as well as his childrens glee in talking shit about Texas and actively recruiting Jalen Milroe and others away from Texas. I'll take his kid(s) in the portal if it makes good sense and they can still also get fucked. 

CO signed  brocks can suck a sweaty dick 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck, I'm like 50 pages behind, and I can’t read.  This is depressing as fuck.  I guess now I know how aggy feels.  

FIFY

10 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Early 1960s registration was walking around the scores of tables in Gregory Gym at your designated time slot picking up a few of these...

79574CB2-F199-4181-8B90-930D49024869.jpeg

And how did your grandson feel about using that system? 

6 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Holy shit, I graduated the last year you could take a “foreign language substitute*,” and I took 15 hours of “European Studies.” One of my classes was something like “Slavic Folklore,” in which we literally spent several weeks studying really fucked up fairy tales, some very dark shit. One of my favorite classes ever. I’d love to read some of those stories again. 

*You had to pass two foreign language classes in high school to qualify. I took Spanish I in 8th grade, Spanish II in 9th, so though I “had” two years of foreign language, one was technically in junior high, and I sweated whether this would come back to haunt me until that last exit interview you have as a graduating Senior, when the counselor dude said, “Vito, you’re all good.”

That was a great class. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bobby Burton

The countdown seems clear.

After Texas and Oklahoma informed the Big 12 on Monday of their intent to leave the conference, the two schools formally applied to the SEC in a joint statement yesterday.

What’s left is a likely vote by SEC schools Thursday followed by scheduled meetings of the Board of Regents at both Texas and OU on Friday to ratify the official change of conference affiliation.

It’s been a whirlwind.

The news of Texas and OU truly considering the move to the SEC broke less than a week ago. Tomorrow will make it seven days.

In that time, the college sports world has changed.

Just a week ago, Iowa State was focused on the possibility of a Cinderella football season this fall, Baylor was trying to land a couple of players over Texas from East Texas, Oklahoma State thought they were OU’s peer, and Texas A&M thumped it’s chest to in-state recruits about its SEC exclusivity.

Now every sports talk show and message board nationwide seems to be about Texas, OU and the SEC. As it should.

This is a seismic shift in the college sports landscape.

But soon the SEC news will fade, and Texas needs to get back to the task at hand, and that’s winning football games.

While we all await the next 48 hours for the news of the impending move to the SEC, do not forget college football season is a month away. And the Texas players officially report next week.

Not only is the clock running down on the move to the SEC, it’s also running down to football season, which, to me, will always be the real prize.

Enjoy the SEC discussion while it lasts. But let’s really enjoy Longhorn football this fall.

13 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

So what are we going to do tomorrow with no news expected, work or something? I guess I am a little curious to find out if I'm still employed. 

Thought we were doing a surly happy hour before the aggy BOR meeting?

14 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Did you guys hear what Rome said about aggy?

Jim?  I did not know he was still alive.  Next you'll be telling me Arnie Spanier still breathes. I haven't listened to that guy since '99. 

...What did he say? 

Edited by RollLeft

Seriously. If you aren't going to read the thread stop posting shit like you are the one that found it. The literal text of the stoops article is on a page within the last 10 pages. 
Unless you have original thoughts, catch up on the thread before posting your stupid fucking article or meme. 
Original contributions are great. Repetitive posts of the same shit over and over not so much
My bad. Post deleted. Drinking from the firehouse this morning. I'll leave link posting for those who can do this 24/7.

3 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
7 minutes ago, immamac said:
Seriously. If you aren't going to read the thread stop posting shit like you are the one that found it. The literal text of the stoops article is on a page within the last 10 pages. 
Unless you have original thoughts, catch up on the thread before posting your stupid fucking article or meme. 
Original contributions are great. Repetitive posts of the same shit over and over not so much

My bad. Post deleted. Drinking from the firehouse this morning. I'll leave link posting for those who can do this 24/7.

Perhaps you meant drinking from the firehose this morning. Or more likely, drinking from the Scotch this morning. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

you forgot the useless commentary, mine included, this could thread is probably worth 50 posts max. 

Useless commentary as long as original and not on a topic for another thread is what makes this thread great. 

• Hook 'Em 8

27 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Did you guys hear what Rome said about aggy?

RACK HIM!

While I miss the Thanksgiving day game with aggy, I also loved that ISU and Iowa got their game out of the way early. I wouldn’t mind having the game within the first two weeks of the season. Would love to talk shit all season long to gomer.