Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

The Big East?!

I miss Big East football. csb years ago me and my hoodlum friends sat in a Mexican restaurant once and the only football on the screen was Big East. We all immediately started shouting at the screen in our best fake manhole-cover-factory accents.

GO FREAKIN PITT

Little waiter dude sneakin around the edge, scared to give us more beer, scared to not give us more beer.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

holy fuck

ucla, usc, zona, zona+ need to call texas and ou and tell them they will do a deal we can bring oSu and tech, texas and 0u get whatever we want

literally

every coed at ASU has to serve a 6-month mission to norman and austin for "reasons"

if you think Lubbock is drowning in STDs, wait til you sniff the ASU crowd.  Walk across campus and you'll catch something.  Fuck that

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So I’m headed to Napa tomorrow with three other couples and just realized each couple is affiliated with a different SEC school: Texas, OU, Florida, and A&M. I feel like some sort of action should be taken. Thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So I’m headed to Napa tomorrow with three other couples and just realized each couple is affiliated with a different SEC school: Texas, OU, Florida, and A&M. I feel like some sort of action should be taken. Thoughts?

go to Beringer telling them that its "good"

ditch the OU and atm couples

go to V Sattui down the road and laugh at the others

• Hook 'Em 7

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

STOP at the red traffic lights like the giant blinking scoreboards advise. #NapaProblems    Lulz.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Give the Florida guy bath salts. Don't tell OU or Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Befriend Gata, keep your distance from Sooner, murder aggy.

1 minute ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Yeah V Sattui, Stag's Leap, and Matthiason are where you want to be 

if you like port, Prager is across the street from V Sattui.  Allegedly by appointment only but I've rolled in and they dgaf.  Run by 3 brothers it is a different experience from the rest of Napa, dusty, lots of random dollar bills stapled on the walls and fucking amazing dessert wine

Its been a few years since I went but if you want some other unsolicited recs and they havent burned down, Joseph Phelps in St Helena is reservation based but off the charts good.  AlsoTrefethen (Small family owned), Newton, Hall, Stags’s Leap Winery, Chateau Montelena , Frank Fanuky, Duckhorn

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are SEC schools taking a significantly larger % of their rosters from Texas HS players today than they were pre-A&M joining? Would be interested in real #s.

Not from the top 100.  Although they did pretty well in 2020.

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Are SEC schools taking a significantly larger % of their rosters from Texas HS players today than they were pre-A&M joining? Would be interested in real #s.

How do we measure the success rate?

Went to a bowl? Started? X years? Drafted?

Raw numbers of bodies is a bare minimum. It doesn't explain success or failure. 

# of top 100 in Texas by current SEC members (early years Houston Chronicle, later years Rivals:

2006 23

2007 25

2008 24

2009 23

2014 23

2015 28

2016 27

2017 25

2018 30 (aggy took 16, other years were lower)

2019 25

2020 34 (Bama took 7 instead of 1 to 3 in other years and aggy took 14, their 2nd highest total)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zhorn96 said:

if you like port, Prager is across the street from V Sattui.  Allegedly by appointment only but I've rolled in and they dgaf.  Run by 3 brothers it is a different experience from the rest of Napa, dusty, lots of random dollar bills stapled on the walls and fucking amazing dessert wine

Its been a few years since I went but if you want some other unsolicited recs and they havent burned down, Joseph Phelps in St Helena is reservation based but off the charts good.  AlsoTrefethen (Small family owned), Newton, Hall, Stags’s Leap Winery, Chateau Montelena , Frank Fanuky, Duckhorn

I like Sequoia Grove.  I used to like Cakebread, but haven't been impressed lately.  May be because it has to travel to Georgia.

36 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You should only tell the sooner and gator about your joke...when just the gents are having some scotch, suggest a nice circle jerk and watch aggy's face light up as he enthusiastically supports your great idea.  You can all laugh at him the rest of the trip...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Gang bang?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bullet said:

# of top 100 in Texas by current SEC members (early years Houston Chronicle, later years Rivals:

2006 23

2007 25

2008 24

2009 23

2014 23

2015 28

2016 27

2017 25

2018 30 (aggy took 16, other years were lower)

2019 25

2020 34 (Bama took 7 instead of 1 to 3 in other years and aggy took 14, their 2nd highest total)

Question: Are SEC schools taking a significantly larger % of their rosters from Texas HS players today than they were pre-A&M joining? Would be interested in real #s. 

Aggie went SEC 2011.

2 hours ago, hiphopfroggy said:

Naw, ESPN, in cahoots with the SEC dictated what was to happen and everyone said yes sir. UT didn't have a say in the matter. Clearly there was no plan from any of the Big12 or Texas schools, just got played and then did what they were told.  

I thought hebolios was the dumbest poster on this site. Congrats. You're somehow dumber than someone dumber than a bag of hair. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Leave aggy there.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

Besides wine in recent posts, I did learn about TEX several pages back. Based on that awful YouTube clip, it was awful. I was on campus a bit earlier than that. To register in my day, you went to the Co-op, bought a big ass white book with small print and then stood in line for hours and hours before learning the class you needed was full.

But for $4 a semester hour, we didn’t bitch much.

It was in Gregory right? Had some guys tell me all about it. Evidently TEX was pretty new when I started in 96

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Here's my theory...  A few years back when the B12 had their big Dog & Pony show with all the schools coming in and making arguments for why they should be added to the conference, the current members sat and watched all those presentations.  Later, UT and OU were in the bar, crying into their beers...

UT: Man, that was bleak.

OU: No shit.  Do you want to invite USF with their 15 minutes of tradition or Houston with their 15 fans AND have to put up with that asshat Fertitta?

UT: I think there is a better answer.  Two better answers, really.

OU: Whatcha thinking there, Tex?

UT: I think first we convince our B12 brethren that dividing the pie 10 ways is the best idea and not add any more weight to this sinking boat.

OU: Makes sense.  It will also send the newsrags into a tizzy.  They hate when we waste their time. I like that!

UT: Then we bide our time for a few years so that we aren't that obvious and start quietly making plans to head out for greener pastures.

OU: Pardner, that sounds like a winner!

UT: I figure we can go knock on the SEC's door.  They'll welcome us with open arms, make us lots of cash and we can put the Big 12 into our rearview.

OU:  SEC?  You want to go play with the aggies again?

UT: Can you imagine how much it will piss them off?

OU:....  <thinking... almost pulls a muscle> Damn!  You're right!  Those cultists will blow a damn gasket!

UT: AND we will piss off the Waco Baptists as well.  Win-win!

OU:  Let's do it, Tex!

Awesome. 

Now go back & read it again with Bill Clinton's voice as OU and W's voice as UT ... like in those Austin car dealership radio ads. 

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, Doc Reeves said:

It was in Gregory right? Had some guys tell me all about it. Evidently TEX was pretty new when I started in 96

Shit, Doc, I forgot to mention the location. It was actually the Drum. My acronym FECES never caught on (Frank Erwin Center for Events Special). 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think anyone that's been on this god forsaken site since it's inception has their law degree.  Still pre med though...

Fuck that. Geosciences. But now I just do green stuff that doesn’t make any money but for some reason I make money. 

94-98 here, TEX all the live long day.  Unless you guys drug hot ass out of Gregory I would much rather get my disappointment of learning that I was stuck yet again with an 8am class because it was the only open section in a matter of seconds than stand around and sweat my ass off to get the same news.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

Tex existed in 93 or 94.  I don’t recall not using it, bit my hazy memory tells me that they helped you sign up for classes at freshman orientation.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Lowcountry Hog said:

Did someone mention Hogs v Horns on Thanksgiving? 

Schitts Creek Want GIF by CBC

Yep. Would be awesome all on its own, and just imagine how many aggy tears it would produce.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Tex existed in 93 or 94.  I don’t recall not using it, bit my hazy memory tells me that they helped you sign up for classes at freshman orientation.

Had Tex telling me goodbye and good luck freshman year in 91. Not sure but we might have been the first class with it.