Johnny (football?) Manziel

bigup2dahorns

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

This is a legit concern for aggy, whether Abbott would look the other way or not.  This is potentially SEC, FINRA, FBI territory.

It's a very simple question - Did John Sharp or any other of those inept rednecks at A&M know (or should they have known) Manziel was selling autographs and/or taking money under the table while A&M was selling the bonds to finance the stadium project?

Of course they did. But in Texas, corrupt politicians and political cronies are allowed to act with impunity.

And your including FINRA in a list of otherwise respectable agencies is laughable. FINRA is the NCAA of the securities world. FINRA was created by the securities industry to "self regulate" the securities industry. FINRA exists to stand as a first barrier to exhaust the resources of investors who have been screwed over by brokers and/or brokerage firms. FINRA is part of the problem, they act first, last, and foremost to perpetuate fraud in the securities industry. The problems we have in the securities industry largely exist today because of FINRA.

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, TexArcher said:

This is a legit concern for aggy, whether Abbott would look the other way or not.  This is potentially SEC, FINRA, FBI territory.

SEC! SEC! SEC!

This would be an easy swap on uniforms and t shirts

414C8042-ACFC-4C2F-9D9B-5608275F36DD.png

Edited by brown water
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Why’d he have to do this if he’s so rich?

You need to understand how the "independently wealthy" live. His mom slung drinks in an east Texas bar and his dad sold used cars just for whimsy.

And if you believe that....

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

You need to understand how the "independently wealthy" live. His mom slung drinks in an east Texas bar and his dad sold used cars just for whimsy.

And if you believe that....

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

And Baylor and cougar high and tech and…

On 6/3/2021 at 9:19 PM, Vertigo said:

I am also quite certain that this was not Johnny’s primary source if income in college

There's all kinds of ways.

Had a cousin who was close friends with somebody who played for a SWC team (not Texas), and his dad owned a small auto dealership.  Don't remember if it was new or used, but I remember him telling me that the dad's dealership seemed to have a lot of people buying cars that didn't seem to actually exist/were never delivered, around the time the son was being recruited.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Nick Cannon got Johnny's ex-wife pregnant.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/31/entertainment/nick-cannon-bre-tiesi-baby/index.html

Cannon and Tiesi were photographed together at a baby celebration over the weekend.  In photos published by TMZ, the two are shown embracing and he cradles her baby bump.

Tiesi is recently divorced from NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel.

5 babies in less than 2 years?  That's impressive.  That's more staying power than Manziel had in the NFL.

Also, why keep referring to him as "NFL Quarterback, Johnny Manziel"??  He doesn't play in the NFL anymore.  He started 8 games almost a decade ago, he didn't retire with some title, "NFL Quarterback."  Say "Former NFL'er, Johnny Manziel."  I don't get to claim "Associate Assistant Manager Lobo."  Wait...do I? 

Ah yes, that's right.  Technically, Deputy Assistant to the Associate Manager.  

Was that Bobcat Goldwaithe, after Iran Contra, his standup bit was something like, "If Oliver North is retired, why is he still wearing his Marine outfit everywhere?  10 years later, you don't see me tooling around in my Burger King uniform anymore."  

• 1 month later...

Just came here to post this link.  I got the details wrong but at least my middle age brain somewhat remembered the bit:

https://www.sfweekly.com/news/wheres-the-beef-theyre-throwing-it-at-you-wendys-sues-restaurateur-it-says-wont-relinquish-franchise-name-and-beat-up-company-man-who-tried-to-stop-him/

Anyway, to Johnny Manziel...........the Arby's shift manager equivalent of pro football!  

Johnny 'Football Coach?' - Manziel Teases a Return to Aggieland

Johnny 'Football' Manziel said that although he's done with pro football, he'd love to return to help the Aggies win a national title.

Although he's just 29 years old, it seems Johnny "Football" Manziel has finally figured it out. And while he says his days of chasing an NFL dream are long gone, his love for the game remains.

I don’t have the drive to play football at a high level anymore,'' the former Texas A&M star told ESPN. "I don’t have a drive to be the best football player anymore that I used to have in my life, and I’m OK with that.''

Manziel's legend while in Aggieland seems to continue to grow to this day. He made such an impact on college football he became the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy as college football's best player. 

He helped usher in the Aggies' time in the SEC as they moved on from the Big 12 and made an immediate impact and gave A&M a level of respectability in their first season in the league. Although his NFL days are behind him, he's still involved with the 7-on-7 indoor league known as "Fan Controlled Football" or FCF.

But as he recently told TMZ Sports, he'd love to return to where it all started, with the Texas A&M football program.

"I don't think I'm the same player I used to be," Johnny said. "I think I still have flashes, but I'm looking at what's next in my life and I want sports and football to be something that is gonna be a mainstay in my life for a long time.

"Now, it's figuring out where exactly that's gonna be -- whether it's continuing to work with the FCF or something I'm really interested in as well is going back to Texas A&M and being a part of my school, or the program or whatever it is."

A return to Aggieland? Just the suggestion would excite any Aggies fan or current player. 

"I miss my school, I miss College Station, I miss the feeling of those great times that I got to have when I was in college, and our new athletic director at Texas A&M, Ross Bjork, is a beauty of an individual and an awesome person."

Manziel says he would love to be a part of helping A&M win championships, and thinks the current staff is already on their way to making that happen. Could "Coach Johnny" help?

There's one way to find out.

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/texas-aggies-johnny-manziel-return-to-aggieland-coach-sec#gid=ci029d3353a0002613&pid=johnny-manziel-1

So in other words he's wanting to go back to the only place that ever liked him.  Seems reasonable.    Will be interesting to see how this plays out with Jimbo.  

3 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Johnny 'Football' Manziel said that although he's done with pro football, he'd love to return to help the Aggies win a national title.

https://www.si.com/college/tamu/football/texas-aggies-johnny-manziel-return-to-aggieland-coach-sec#gid=ci029d3353a0002613&pid=johnny-manziel-1

So in other words he's wanting to go back to the only place that ever liked him.  Seems reasonable.    Will be interesting to see how this plays out with Jimbo.  

He hated it while he was there. But he needs a paycheck so …

And I agree with @General Specific  I’m disappointed every time the thread is bumped and JFF hasn’t won the Deadpool. 

Edited by nnm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

He just wants to relive his glory days by ripping his shirt off and bowing up to an older African-American gentleman. 

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Minister of culture, IMO

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

So a possible Johnny Fuckface/ Brokeback Billy ChinPubes reunion? How sweet

1281289455_download(2).jpeg.a460c731cd70368100e26fc5362bf243.jpeg

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Please let this happen. Zero chance it goes well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 5:37 PM, pyrohornIII said:

Johnny Manziel joining with Texas A&M and winning a true national title! 

That would be ALMOST as painful to the Longhorns as Art Modell and the Baltimore Ravens winning their Super Bowl in 2000 was to Browns fans. Browns fans though felt the most pain.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:37 PM, pyrohornIII said:

I'd say pro football is done with Johnny Manziel 

Johnny Manziel joining with Texas A&M and winning a true national title! 
That would be ALMOST as painful to the Longhorns as Art Modell and the Baltimore Ravens winning their Super Bowl in 2000 was to Browns fans. Browns fans though felt the most pain.

What in the hell are you talking about?
  • Hook 'Em 3

• 3 weeks later...