Tailleur17

Trivial things that please the ever living shit out of you

Checking in online for your flight where you bought late and got a middle seat only to find an open aisle seat in an exit row that you could switch over to. 

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

Being stuck behind the person this morning who thought merging onto I35 going 40mph was a good idea.

Just finished a trip in a 40' class A(rental, no humblebrag) RV

The merging standard operating procedure of the average driver is rage inducing.  If I was a trucker I am sure I would be locked up for killing someone after they merged at 45 then gave me the finger as they speed away because I was "tailgating".  Its a 15 ton RV dickhead, not a Masarati.

Having an auto claim that has been pending since January come back( with a check for my deductible) with fault assigned to the other cocksucking driver.

Score one for the good guys...probably not trivial either.

The small grocery store near my house has some kind of weird inside track to getting incredibly fresh gummi worms in their bulk snacks section (chocolate covered almonds, mixed nuts, wasabi peas, trail mix - that little area). 

I'm not normally a big fan of gummi anything, but there's something really addictive about the very fresh worms they have, and they please me in a trivial fashion. 

I'm also very good at biting them in half right at the exact spot where the color/flavor shifting gradient occurs - I may well have been endowed with the world's most useless super power. 

Having just barely being able to nail my vision test at DPS and not having to renew my drivers license in person for the next 12 years.

Pulled into a stop and rob for a tall boy.  Ndoukwe the Nigerian immigrant  working the cash register is wearing a red, white and blue THESE COLORS DON’T RUN bracelet. 

I inquire about it. He says he got here as fast as he could. Loves Houston, loves Texas and America.    

I always talk to the pizza delivery guys and similar service people that are obviously not from these parts.   Poles, Azerbaijanis, Turkmenistanians, you name it.  They’re all happy to be here.  I ask them what were they doing in their home countries and they pretty much all say “not much, no opportunity, had to get here” and they did it.  

So fantastic.  

On 4/13/2018 at 8:16 AM, Shoxthemonkey said:

Watching the odometer on my daily driver make palindromes like 192291 or repeating combos like 192192. I sometimes pull over and admire it for awhile. Maybe take a picture. Makes me smile.

I get ragey when I have been looking forward to an upcoming event and get distracted by something on the radio or actual driving duties and miss it. 192291 will be on the way home today.

Wholly smokes, other than myself, you are the first one I've found that does that.   Don't know why,  but it's strangely safisfying.

48 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Wholly smokes, other than myself, you are the first one I've found that does that.   Don't know why,  but it's strangely safisfying.

First car I had was a '66 Ford Galaxy 500. Mechanical odometer. I'd reach back under the steering column when it hit a notable mileage and unscrew the cable so that I could drive around for a while and admire the uniqueness.

Finding some cool XL t-shirts that wound up way back in the closet because I was too fat to wear them. Then trying them on and they fit perfectly.

Not so trivial.

20 hours ago, El Diablo said:

First car I had was a '66 Ford Galaxy 500.

We had one with a 390. Fun ride.

10 minutes ago, RPM said:

We had one with a 390. Fun ride.

The one I had was a dog. Some odd sized engine, 352? 354? Something weird. Cousin of mine had a year newer model with a smaller engine that was a much quicker car. 

I like it when a foul ball is hit and some grown up catches it and hands it to some random kid as a souvenir.  Saw that in the Astros game last night.  Just good stuff.

Damnit meant palindromes, not anagrams

I like it when a foul ball is hit and some grown up catches it and hands it to some random kid as a souvenir.  Saw that in the Astros game last night.  Just good stuff.

wow, getting high fived for grabbing a ball from a little girl.  every one of those asshats needs to be punted in the front butt

9 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Watched my odometer roll over to 30,000 yesterday. Noticed it less than a quarter mile before it happened.

Humblebrag.  Mine hit 200K the other day and I was happy I noticed it.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yeah that's the exact opposite of what I am talking about.  Boston v Astros the other night.  Foul ball some dude catches it.  Hands it to some kid about 2 rows behind him and the look on that kids face was awesome.  Fuck the bitch in that video.

The response by the gal on the first row, to the right of the shot, clearly can’t believe it either. And the fact that at least two people she was with were giving her high fives.....I don’t even know them but I hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Yeah that's the exact opposite of what I am talking about.  Boston v Astros the other night.  Foul ball some dude catches it.  Hands it to some kid about 2 rows behind him and the look on that kids face was awesome.  Fuck the bitch in that video.

I was just being a dick by posting that. 

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

wow, getting high fived for grabbing a ball from a little girl.  every one of those asshats needs to be punted in the front butt

Look at her hair and clothing. This woman, and everyone around her lives a horrible life. 

They don't hi-five her, she makes their life even worse. 

I'm in no way justifying their actions, just pointing out a reality. She sucks and so does her life. 

One of my FB friends posted a few months ago that she knew the woman and defended her saying she's a nice person but made a terrible mistake in the heat of the moment and later regretted it. Complete BS.

On 7/12/2018 at 9:16 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Smiling at people who have no sense of what a quarter of mile is.  Dude passed no more than 6 driveways.  If 60ft lots thats almost 400 ft, at best.  Try harder Mike.

Edited by RollLeft

4 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Smiling at people who have no sense of what a quarter of mile is.  Dude passed no more than 6 driveways.  If 60ft lots thats almost 400 ft, at best.  Try harder Mike.

Man, and to think that I posted it with precisely you in mind, RollLeft. 

4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Seeing a doting father with his little girl at a nearby burger stand and enjoying ice cream afterwards. 

Quit stalking me, creeper.

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

Watching my wife do her routine after a shower.

40 years old and still has it going on .

You would really like her mid-morning act...

17 hours ago, Superhero said:

Watching my wife do her routine after a shower.

40 years old and still has it going on .

Move out of the way, motherfucker.  I can't see. 

When you hold on to the handle of the gas pump that one little millisecond longer after you hit the zero, stick the landing, and still get that 3/100ths of a gallon for free.

1 hour ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Pulling out of the parking garage at work on a Thursday of my 4 day work week.

Dick