Jump to content
Michael Knight

Fire Chip Kelly

Recommended Posts

Am I pleased with how things are going?  No.  But I have to have faith.  The alternative is just too depressing.

FWIW, UCLA opponents so far (26-3):

Cincinnati 6-0 ranked 25 
Oklahoma 5-1 ranked 11 
Fresno State 5-1 unranked 
Colorado 5-0 ranked 19 
Washington 5-1 ranked 7

As of 10/8/18

Also these teams have a combined +585 point differential.

I think we get a win on Saturday @ Cal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Am I pleased with how things are going?  No.  But I have to have faith.  The alternative is just too depressing.

FWIW, UCLA opponents so far (26-3):

Cincinnati 6-0 ranked 25 
Oklahoma 5-1 ranked 11 
Fresno State 5-1 unranked 
Colorado 5-0 ranked 19 
Washington 5-1 ranked 7

As of 10/8/18

Also these teams have a combined +585 point differential.

I think we get a win on Saturday @ Cal.  

Bizarre that your SOS rating is so low given those records.  Are these teams just beating up on bad teams? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

 

FWIW, UCLA opponents so far (26-3):

In Philadelphia, Fifty Bucks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the name of the coordinator who became coach at Oregon after Chip left? I think it was Helfrich? He may have been the brains of the operation all along. I think he was doing color commentary on some cable channel last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

Whats the name of the coordinator who became coach at Oregon after Chip left? I think it was Helfrich? He may have been the brains of the operation all along. I think he was doing color commentary on some cable channel last season.

If you saw him on some cable channel a year ago, that pokes a hole in your “brains of the operation” theory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Am I pleased with how things are going?  No.  But I have to have faith.  The alternative is just too depressing.

 

Keep your chin up.  We've been there.  "Blind faith" is how I tolerated year 2 and 3 of Charlie Strong football.  I hope your version ends up better than ours did.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Side note, Soso was a healthy scratch in the Washington game.  He's slipped to our 4th RB at best, maybe 5th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Side note, Soso was a healthy scratch in the Washington game.  He's slipped to our 4th RB at best, maybe 5th.


More importantly, is he enjoying the Asian women?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Old Freak Nasty said:

 


More importantly, is he enjoying the Asian women?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

I have to believe he is.  There is no shortage of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/24/uclas-budget-whammy-the-bruins-are-bleeding-cash-and-require-a-bailout-from-campus/

The Bruins spent $997,000 on meals in FY17 under Mora. In the first full year under Kelly (FY19), they spent $5.4 million.

what in the fuck are they eating?

$5.4 million / 365 = $14800 a damn day / 120 players = $123 per player / 3 meals = $41 dollars per meal per player per day

under Mora it was $22 dollars a day or $7 per meal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/24/uclas-budget-whammy-the-bruins-are-bleeding-cash-and-require-a-bailout-from-campus/

The Bruins spent $997,000 on meals in FY17 under Mora. In the first full year under Kelly (FY19), they spent $5.4 million.

what in the fuck are they eating?

$5.4 million / 365 = $14800 a damn day / 120 players = $123 per player / 3 meals = $41 dollars per meal per player per day

under Mora it was $22 dollars a day or $7 per meal

DoorDash delivery fee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, either he upgraded from burnt toast and runny eggs, or that's some creative accounting to cover monies spent in not so legitimate ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SDG said:

Great way to hide “consulting” fees.  

yea especially if you had charlie weiss as a consultant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/24/uclas-budget-whammy-the-bruins-are-bleeding-cash-and-require-a-bailout-from-campus/

The Bruins spent $997,000 on meals in FY17 under Mora. In the first full year under Kelly (FY19), they spent $5.4 million.

what in the fuck are they eating?

$5.4 million / 365 = $14800 a damn day / 120 players = $123 per player / 3 meals = $41 dollars per meal per player per day

under Mora it was $22 dollars a day or $7 per meal

Mora made sure the athletes were the only ones in the dinning hall after the restrictions were lifted in 2014 (no longer just 3 meals). Chip allows the athletes to take food out to the dorm for all their buddies. Maybe it is a source of income?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Hmm, either he upgraded from burnt toast and runny eggs, or that's some creative accounting to cover monies spent in not so legitimate ways.

I’d say it was to hide bags of cash, but a quick look at their recruiting class says that can’t be the reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/24/uclas-budget-whammy-the-bruins-are-bleeding-cash-and-require-a-bailout-from-campus/
The Bruins spent $997,000 on meals in FY17 under Mora. In the first full year under Kelly (FY19), they spent $5.4 million.
what in the fuck are they eating?
$5.4 million / 365 = $14800 a damn day / 120 players = $123 per player / 3 meals = $41 dollars per meal per player per day
under Mora it was $22 dollars a day or $7 per meal
He's big on sports nutrition, and specific diets. Not sure $5.4MM worth though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/24/uclas-budget-whammy-the-bruins-are-bleeding-cash-and-require-a-bailout-from-campus/

The Bruins spent $997,000 on meals in FY17 under Mora. In the first full year under Kelly (FY19), they spent $5.4 million.

what in the fuck are they eating?

$5.4 million / 365 = $14800 a damn day / 120 players = $123 per player / 3 meals = $41 dollars per meal per player per day

under Mora it was $22 dollars a day or $7 per meal

Doesn't sound too crazy especially if nutritionists salaries are mixed into that number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it's a useless to only compare against Mora's figure.  Maybe Mora was skating by doing the bare minimum?  What's the industry standard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doesn't sound too crazy especially if nutritionists salaries are mixed into that number. 
Exactly. You would need to see how both of those numbers are calculated as well. Maybe Mora was total food cost and kelly is total spend on staff, facilities, and food.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He's big on sports nutrition, and specific diets. Not sure $5.4MM worth though.

I wonder what we spend on this stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No it doesn’t make sense.  There’s some discussion that there are other expenses included here that weren’t included in prior calls.  Mora had a pretty comprehensive meal program.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:


I wonder what we spend on this stuff?

the google is your friend

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/ncaa-student-athlete-dining/

1. University of Arkansas: $3.5 million
2. Ohio State University: $3.1 million
3. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: $2.8 million
4. University of Iowa: $2.8 million
5. Texas A&M University, College Station: $2.7 million
6. University of Texas, Austin: $2.6 million
7. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: $2.5 million
8. University of Kansas: $2.2 million
9. University of Tennessee, Knoxville: $1.9 million
10. University of Washington, Seattle: $1.9 million
11. University of Georgia: $1.7 million
12. University of Oklahoma, Norman: $1.7 million
13. University of Maryland, College Park: $1.7 million
14. Auburn University: $1.5 million
15. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: $1.5 million
16. Pennsylvania State University: $1.4 million
17. Virginia Tech: $1.4 million
18. University of Louisville: $1.4 million
19. University of Oregon: $1.3 million
20. Indiana University, Bloomington: $1.3 million

 

that is for ALL athletes though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 8:06 AM, ButtFumble said:

the google is your friend

https://fanbuzz.com/college-football/ncaa-student-athlete-dining/

1. University of Arkansas: $3.5 million
2. Ohio State University: $3.1 million
3. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor: $2.8 million
4. University of Iowa: $2.8 million
5. Texas A&M University, College Station: $2.7 million
6. University of Texas, Austin: $2.6 million
7. University of Minnesota, Twin Cities: $2.5 million
8. University of Kansas: $2.2 million
9. University of Tennessee, Knoxville: $1.9 million
10. University of Washington, Seattle: $1.9 million
11. University of Georgia: $1.7 million
12. University of Oklahoma, Norman: $1.7 million
13. University of Maryland, College Park: $1.7 million
14. Auburn University: $1.5 million
15. University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign: $1.5 million
16. Pennsylvania State University: $1.4 million
17. Virginia Tech: $1.4 million
18. University of Louisville: $1.4 million
19. University of Oregon: $1.3 million
20. Indiana University, Bloomington: $1.3 million

 

that is for ALL athletes though

Do the aggy equestrian team girls really eat that much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No where in any of this does it say they don’t trust Kelly.  And he’s trying to implement the requests.  Kinda sensationalist.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

No where in any of this does it say they don’t trust Kelly.  And he’s trying to implement the requests.  Kinda sensationalist.

 

I for one am shocked that such a fine paper that is the LA times would ever sensationalize or slant anything

 

 

 

The shit paper LA times is basically the CR of all papers and their journalist are CR regulars 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Under Armour has informed University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) that it wants to terminate a $280 million deal that it signed with the school in 2016, the Los Angeles Times reported on Saturday.

“We are exploring all of our options to resist Under Armour’s actions and will share more information as we can. We want to reassure you that UCLA Athletics remains committed to providing our hard-working staff and student-athletes with the footwear, apparel and equipment needed to train and compete at the highest level,” the report said, citing a letter by Dan Guerrero, the school’s outgoing athletic director.

DMDI9UbW0AEcJE-.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Video of DTR throwing this summer.  OBJ shows up on day 5.  Unreal casual one-handed catch around the 6:40 mark.  Then Dwayne Haskins showed up.  Brady used to (still does I think) show up quite often.  DTR looks like he's start to develop more of a man body.  Maybe this is the year he breaks through?  Oh wait, there won't be a season, and then he'll leave early and have his breakout in the NFL.  That would be our program in a nutshell.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...