The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Putting this here for the way guy finished the story.....True Story, happened minutes ago

Pulled up to bar to meet friends.
Was greeted by a white Male at my car.
Said he was from texarkana and needed ride to downtown ft. Worth, will pay 10$.
I said sure why not its 3 minutes.

In the car speaks Spanish to me, says his white Spanish family taught him...Not the Aztecs.

Then goes on rant about how Aztecs sacrificed kids then the Christian European Spaniards came and said that was wrong. Then he told me all about how the Africans sold their own into slavery. Whole time I'm just biting my tongue wondering if this crazy guy will fight me if I interject.

Drop him off and say good luck getting back the greyhound is right there. Then he says I'm good, I'm just trying to get people to be more Republican rather than Democrat.....

This is 40% of country????

So angry right now....

Gave his 10$ to first homeless person a saw at the hemphill/rosedale quick trip
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:

Putting this here for the way guy finished the story.....True Story, happened minutes ago

In the car speaks Spanish to me, says his white Spanish family taught him...Not the Aztecs.

Then goes on rant about how Aztecs sacrificed kids then the Christian European Spaniards came and said that was wrong. Then he told me all about how the Africans sold their own into slavery. Whole time I'm just biting my tongue wondering if this crazy guy will fight me if I interject.

Drop him off and say good luck getting back the greyhound is right there. Then he says I'm good, I'm just trying to get people to be more Republican rather than Democrat.....

So angry right now....

This should become a meme. "THIS IS TRUMP'S 40%"

"A guy took a shit in my neighbor's yard and then wrote 'Obama Lover' on his front door with the smeared feces. THIS IS TRUMP'S 40%"

• Like 1

Wisconsin GOP is bitching about the Brewers.......racing sausages:

https://deadspin.com/wisconsin-gop-tries-to-grill-racing-sausages-but-they-1845239233

The Wisconsin Republican Party is very good at manipulating the rules of democracy. They’ve gerrymandered the hell out of the state to the point that despite Democrats earning a majority of the votes in the 2018 legislativeelections, Republicans won 63 of the 99 seats.

Now, in a vital swing state in the November election, the Wisconsin GOP is taking aim at… the Brewers’ Racing Sausages?

In a letter to the Milwaukee Election Commission, party chairman Andrew Hitt wrote that when the Brewers’ stadium and Bucks’ arena are used as absentee ballot drop-off sites, the presence of “players or mascots” — and the letter specifically mentions the Sausages — “would constitute electioneering within the meaning of Wis. Stat § 12.03(2). That statute provides that ‘[n]o person may engage in electioneering in the municipal clerk’s office or at an alternate site under s. 6.855 during the hours that absentee ballots may be cast.’”

According to Justin Levitt at the Election Law Blog, “The legal citations in the letter seem … off.” But it is clear enough to see where the legal argument is, that get-out-the-vote efforts can be construed as a form of electioneering and that the presence of local celebrities at a voting site is an enticement. Plus, they’d be arguing any legal issues in a Wisconsin court, and the state’s top court, even after a recent liberal addition, splits 4-3 for the conservative wing.

Spoiler

So, who knows where this goes? But the Republicans’ calculus is off here, because they showed their hand. They’re scared of the Bucks, whose decision to go on strike in August to protest the Kenosha police shooting of Jacob Blake proved popular and ground the entire sports world to a brief halt, forcing actions like the teams getting involved with their facilities as voting sites. That’s how we got here.

They’re afraid of the Bucks, but they can’t just say the Bucks because that raises obvious questions that they can’t give an honest answer to without giving up the game, if that’s still a thing Republicans care about after Tuesday night’s presidential debate. So, they’ve got to include the Brewers in this, and the Brewers means the Sausages because at election time, the players are not going to be in Milwaukee — they’ll be home for the offseason.

The Sausages are immensely popular and had races all over Milwaukee this summer, as fans couldn’t come see them at the ballpark. Randall Simon of the Pittsburgh Pirates became public enemy No. 1 in the city and had to pay a $432 fine for disorderly conduct after taking a bat to the back of the Italian Sausage (the 19-year-old woman in the costume suffered cuts and bruises) in 2003.

You do not fuck with the Racing Sausages.

But the Wisconsin GOP is just that scared of people voting, and also just that petty. They surely know that Brewers owner Mark Attanasio gave $10,000 to the Wisconsin Democrats in 2016, and $2,700 to former Democratic senator Russ Feingold in his Senate race that year. They also know that Bucks owner Wes Edens gave $75,000 to the Democratic SuperPAC Principles Project in 2018.

All of that desire for power and all of that spite led to the hubris of thinking they could take a run at the Sausages, which not only highlights how much the Republicans don’t want people to vote, but reminds Wisconsinites that their sports facilities will be absentee ballot drop-off sites, and provides better advertising than the Brewers could provide that the Sausages might be on hand.

On top of everything else, it now recasts the Sausages as heroes of democracy. All they want to do is get people out to vote, after all, which they themselves as fictional characters cannot do. They are nonpartisan meat products who have never so much as said a word about politics, or anything else for that matter.

Somehow, this has garnered them a powerful enemy, and that enemy is the Republican Party. The Wisconsin GOP already was an enemy of democracy, but by further exposing themselves as such, they’ve become an enemy of the Sausages, and that’s just going too far.

So angry right now....

$10 for the bj seems kinda low, but Covid.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Chad Fuck said:

Thoughts and prayers.

So, if the CDC was actually monitoring correlations to determine whether someone's a "superspreader," perhaps the #1 factor would be "the person is a Trump supporter."

We are the stupidest fucking species in the stupidest fucking country in the stupidest fucking timeline.  We don't have to "shut everything down" -- we just need to not be total fucking morons.  Which is absolutely WAY too much to ask.

So, I haven't read this whole thread but weren't all these Republicans just around Amy Coney Barrett?  Any chance she gets the Rona and by some crazy fluke gets a bad case and has to be put on a ventilator (or worse).  They couldn't possibly vote her to the Supreme Court in that condition, right?   I know she won't get it or will have no/minor symptoms but one can dream.

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So, I haven't read this whole thread but weren't all these Republicans just around Amy Coney Barrett?  Any chance she gets the Rona and by some crazy fluke gets a bad case and has to be put on a ventilator (or worse).  They couldn't possibly vote her to the Supreme Court in that condition, right?   I know she won't get it or will have no/minor symptoms but one can dream.

I read somewhere she's already had it. 

20 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Gol durn it 2020, Rand Paul proposes something I can agree with (aaaaargh) and McConnell shoots it down (now that's the year I've been expecting)

Strange that Moscow Mitch is so against allowing remote voting for the Senate. If more of the R senators get sick he will flip flop quickly 

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Johnny's a contrarian troll. 

But he was always touting anti establishment.  Anarchy isn't pulling for Trump.  In fact, it's like pulling for the rich, white dad if he were a white collar racist criminal.    

I wanna be, rich white establishment businessman.  Nope, doesn't work lyrically.  

21 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

But he was always touting anti establishment.  Anarchy isn't pulling for Trump.  In fact, it's like pulling for the rich, white dad if he were a white collar racist criminal.    

I wanna be, rich white establishment businessman.  Nope, doesn't work lyrically.  

Johnny is charismatic, articulate but not nearly as intelligent as his rep. Like other Trumpers, he seems to conflate Trump's audaciousness (like bragging on the campaign trail he pays off politicians for favors) as evidence that he "tells it like it is" and he he's not part of "the system" when he's just dog-whistling vices-are-virtues and obviously lies as a way of life. In his (2nd, I think) auto-bio Anger Is An Energy he presents an anecdote of meeting a black Southern family whose fore-kin fought for the South in the Civil War as evidence/proof the CW was not primarily over the issue of slavery. Still a fairly good read, but the guy who wrote Religion is mostly in the business of selling provocation.

Plus, he drank Johnny Ramone's piss.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Saw the video clips of him earlier, was surprised, though somebody was fucking with things, but he seemed like he was swaying a bit.  Other guy looks healthy and energetic.

Listen, Graham is a vampire. The head vampire is ill so they are all struggling to maintain their dark powers.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Johnny is charismatic, articulate but not nearly as intelligent as his rep. Like other Trumpers, he seems to conflate Trump's audaciousness (like bragging on the campaign trail he pays off politicians for favors) as evidence that he "tells it like it is" and he he's not part of "the system" when he's just dog-whistling vices-are-virtues and obviously lies as a way of life. In his (2nd, I think) auto-bio Anger Is An Energy he presents an anecdote of meeting a black Southern family whose fore-kin fought for the South in the Civil War as evidence/proof the CW was not primarily over the issue of slavery. Still a fairly good read, but the guy who wrote Religion is mostly in the business of selling provocation.

Plus, he drank Johnny Ramone's piss.

That last part is prob made up for provocation because Johnny Ramone was a pretty straight laced, right winged, never mind. Just gross but what to expect from someone that was a deranged attention whore. Rotten not ramone.

25 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

That last part is prob made up for provocation because Johnny Ramone was a pretty straight laced, right winged, never mind. Just gross but what to expect from someone that was a deranged attention whore. Rotten not ramone.

Oh you're right that Johnny Ramone was/evolved into a Reagan-loving conservative, but the anecdote of the Ramones (or simply Johnny in other accounts) pissing into beers, and Rotten meeting them backstage on the Ramones' first tour of England and happily gulping it down was (as I've read it) less a matter of animosity and more of just hijinks, tho eventually the Pistols were added to the Ramones' shit list.

https://shopburb.com/blogs/lightculture/episode-60-legs-mcneil

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

48 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Could've stopped after the first part--Democracy isn't the objective.  Because the rest isn't for regular Americans.  If it was, they wouldn't be suppressing votes which are rights--the right to vote on more rights that you feel your tax dollars should protect.  Yes, "rank democracy can thwart that."

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult