Texas vs. OU Sat 12/1 @11:00 AM

MirrOlure

1 hour ago, XYZ said:

Texas has been wondering in the wilderness for too long, and that bullshit ends this Saturday. We’re gonna fuck them up so bad, the land thieves will cancel their football program.

I was wandering if you spelled that correctly

Edited by Lone Star Horn
dammit NMAS, lol, beat me to it

15 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Wtf... there is no high road to take yet this pussy is trying to make it out like there is unethical shit happening.

First off, stop being a fan for just a minute and look at it from a third parties view point. This story got out for a reason, likely both parties involved wanted it out.

And actually, regardless of how any of us feel. I believe this will in fact be watched very closely whether anyone on this site finds it relevant or not. And probably why the story was leaked. Not because you care, or I care, or even if the NCAA may not care...for now. Who does care are oddsmakers and bookies who bet both the last game between these two coaches, and will cover action on the championship game this week. As well as league officials who ultimately will get asked about it.

If you look at it as a third party with no horse in the race. Such a cozy relationship so soon after their game it isn’t so much about the Texas ou game, which is a large part of it. It immediately calls into question the last game between the two coaches that occurred just last week. And if any discussion or conversation took place between Herman and a lame duck coach in Beatty. If such a discussion did occur about a possible future relationship between the two did occur PRIOR to the Texas Kansas game concerning a future arrangement that was not part of a required Big12 media event. A conversation that could now in fact be a huge problem if Herman can’t answer that question empathetically with “we never spoke” comment. And be absolutely sure that no record of a conversation exists, I believe he is good to go, Anything less then that becomes the smoking gun, even if the conversation they had was 100% innocuous.

And why typically opposing coaches typically find a way to hire the guy, as opposed to “consulting” him. And seldom in the same season. Under similar circumstances.

It simply has bad optics for everyone involved. Especially if you dig into the game totals for Pooka, and the Kansas receivers numbers for the game. A game they only lost by a single score, a game where one play could have changed the outcome. And prevented Texas from the CG. 

Armed with that, one could direct some very tough questions to Herman. Who has shown difficulty in the past handling really tough questions. Questions that didn’t have any where near the implications that these questions would have. 

Just one man’s opinion, as we will see soon enough how those in power feel about it doing something that normally is not done. At least not at Texas.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Hamttx said:

First off, stop being a fan for just a minute and look at it from a third parties view point. This story got out for a reason, likely both parties involved wanted it out.

And actually, regardless of how any of us feel. I believe this will in fact be watched very closely whether anyone on this site finds it relevant or not. And probably why the story was leaked. Not because you care, or I care, or even if the NCAA may not care...for now. Who does care are oddsmakers and bookies who bet both the last game between these two coaches, and will cover action on the championship game this week. As well as league officials who ultimately will get asked about it.

If you look at it as a third party with no horse in the race. Such a cozy relationship so soon after their game it isn’t so much about the Texas ou game, which is a large part of it. It immediately calls into question the last game between the two coaches that occurred just last week. And if any discussion or conversation took place between Herman and a lame duck coach in Beatty. If such a discussion did occur about a possible future relationship between the two did occur PRIOR to the Texas Kansas game concerning a future arrangement that was not part of a required Big12 media event. A conversation that could now in fact be a huge problem if Herman can’t answer that question empathetically with “we never spoke” comment. And be absolutely sure that no record of a conversation exists, I believe he is good to go, Anything less then that becomes the smoking gun, even if the conversation they had was 100% innocuous.

And why typically opposing coaches typically find a way to hire the guy, as opposed to “consulting” him. And seldom in the same season. Under similar circumstances.

It simply has bad optics for everyone involved. Especially if you dig into the game totals for Pooka, and the Kansas receivers numbers for the game. A game they only lost by a single score, a game where one play could have changed the outcome. And prevented Texas from the CG. 

Armed with that, one could direct some very tough questions to Herman. Who has shown difficulty in the past handling really tough questions. Questions that didn’t have any where near the implications that these questions would have. 

Just one man’s opinion, as we will see soon enough how those in power feel about it doing something that normally is not done. At least not at Texas.

It don’t make a shit.

3 hours ago, Hamttx said:

The fuck are you babbling about?  This happens all the time.  Don't take the bait from Anwar and OB, this is a non-story.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

Ok. Cool hook em
  • Like 7

You woke up on the stupid side of the bed this morning, huh?

• Like 2

If you’re on a ledge, I’m asking you to back away

On 11/23/2018 at 11:19 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

LMAO.  Tough guy SMU grad talking all ‘we’ and ‘us’ about Texas.  And then you top it off acting like a hard ass.  I feel pretty confident my 40 year old ass would curb stomp you and all your preppy ass bf’s from SMU any place, any time. SMU tough guy?  LULZ

Well, it is said that age and treachery will beat youth and foolish vigor anytime.  Are you old (40+) treacherous, and deadly?  I'll put my money on experience every time.  Nothing personal towards anyone, just my opinion.

14 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Well, it is said that age and treachery will beat youth and foolish vigor anytime.  Are you old (40+) treacherous, and deadly?  I'll put my money on experience every time.  Nothing personal towards anyone, just my opinion.

Indeed Shooter.  Just at the Gundy cut off for a man.  I tend to agree w you.  Damn kids. 

Gonna be interesting in the stands on Saturday..... Probably not a place for young children....

"Holding the game in Arlington may be a strange experience for fans."

“It won’t be segregated like at the Cotton Bowl with one side orange and the other red,” Null said. “You really might be seated next to a group of Sooners. I think it will get testy, especially if there’s a little bit of alcoholic beverages consumed and depending on the outcome of the game.”

Tickets ranged from $63 for standing-room to $1,200 to sit on the 50-yard-line behind the Texas sidelines, on Stubhub. On Seatgeek standing-room only was going for $50 while three premium seats on the Texas side had an asking price of $1,567.. Seats on the Oklahoma side were slightly less but still pricey.

19 hours ago, millhouse said:

Go fuck yourself Lincoln. Im willing to bet Gundy and Dana would pick up the phone if Tom gave them a call too. 

i'm willing to bet they wouldn't.  they both have more hate for texas than they do ou.  that being said, i think the beatty thing is a non-issue.  riley has tried to make it one and made himself look petty and like a pussy in doing so.  what can beatty possibly add?  not much.  it's not really about what he knows or what impact he can make, but herman helping out an unemployed friend.  happens all the time in coaching.  this is not a newsworthy event.

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

First off, stop being a fan for just a minute and look at it from a third parties view point.

Ok let me imagine how I would feel if I heard the scandalous news that Helton was called up by Washington's head coach to get insights into playing Utah. I would feel um....er....completely apathetic about it.

What if you heard that coaches from the AAC were telling Memphis stuff about UCF? How you you look at that Hamttx? 

Edited by Valmy77

4 hours ago, Hamttx said:

TLDR