Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

It's an odd thought, I suppose, but has anyone else considered the painful reality that as much as he sucked, Breckyn Hager was the only player of any public prominence who would have fit right in as a Surly poster? Because JesusSweatFuck, is this page a beating, or what?

And this is me talking. Even cheese puns were better than this drivel.

• Like 1

We can't sell on-the-field success (one 10-win season can easily be dismissed as a fluke), we can't sell success in the NFL Draft, and we can't sell early playing time because the depth chart is packed.
It's a perfect storm for negative recruiting.

FFS...You are insufferable.

re: buying players

11 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Except Kimber and Lindberg aren’t playing that game.

Lindberg is a strange recruitment all the way around. There is a legit chance they just beat us for Kimber or did a better job of selling it or he wanted to go elsewhere. it happens

9 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Can’t believe I have to wait 3 extra days before deciding whether CTJ is criminally underrated or a 3-star that I’m glad went elsewhere.

One thing is legitimately appreciate about Surly is that some of the posters here do not lack self-awareness. 

1 minute ago, GRHorn said:

I guess depth chart could be a factor favoring Auburn. Not a lot of highly recruited S in the last couple classes. Easy for other schools to point out the big time talent, especially at S, already on campus. 

Yeah but then you would expect the kid to be scared off more than the father.

Nahlin's latest update on CTJ:

Father and son are split. I think I said that dynamic is reversed, meaning son wants to stay close and dad wants him to go out-of-state. Normally it’s the other way around. There was a huge shift in this one, similar to Jahari. These guys were expected to commit in June.

Chris may still pick UT but I’m not sure. Should know more in the next day or so.

Edited by satyanash

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Well, can we start snitching yet?  Texas needs to snitch or start paying damn it.  Tired of this motherfucking bullshit.  Fuck it, pay people.  Process the dead weight and build a juggernaut.

this has been discussed ad nauseam.

Also, listened to @OnAComputer‘s most recent 4th and 5. Really good interview with Hayden Conner.

But then he and Joe Cook had a “debate” about who the last DL take should be between Princely and Collins. Both picked Collins but they made it sound like it’s a close call. I highly doubt that take will age well. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

He did the Rogers to Florida video, not that it matters.

We should have pushed for Thompson Jr months ago.  Wonder what his dad’s pitch is.... “spend 4 years in a shithole city where the fan base has been itching to fire the coach, where you’ll get a second rate degree and your family won’t be able to watch you play”.   Yeah makes total sense. Hell going to aggy makes more sense for him than Auburn.  Auburn loves to pay those dads.

• Like 1

Just now, victory88 said:

We should have pushed for Thompson Jr months ago.  Wonder what his dad’s pitch is.... “spend 4 years in a shithole city where the fan base has been itching to fire the coach, where you’ll get a second rate degree and your family won’t be able to watch you play”.   Yeah makes total sense. Hell going to aggy makes more sense for him than Auburn.  Auburn loves to pay those dads.

We did. He's been a silent since the JQJ video, if not before then.

11 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is all Mensa people.  Bowman commits tomorrow, take a day off Thursday.  Bijan commits Friday, take Saturday off.  Thompson jumps on board Sunday.

Hell, Jerrin Thompson probably will commit Tueaday just to stay in line, plus things always happen on Tuesday.

This take seems correct, more likely than not. It won't stop a lot of surly angst though. 

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I’m quite sure some concessions will be made so the family can attend games.

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

This has nothing to do with timing of pushing for him. We’ve been recruiting him hard for a long, long time. 

13 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think a tOSU downturn is inevitable. I think Day is an above average recruiter, but holy s*** I'd be wary of him as a playcaller. 73 passes against Purdue is almost unforgivable. 

Still can't believe they passed on Campbell