Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

It's pouring rain and I'm in my home office on a muted call. Mrs. Ace walked in a few minutes ago and asked me, "It's raining. Should I wait to start the washing machine until it's done?"

I turned around to ask her what the hell she was talking about and I before I could open my mouth ... she's gone and I now hear her making lunch. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:43 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Did she grow up with a Dad around? If so, this is on him.

You're in a topic about women that don't think critically, don't remember shit and don't listen...yet you think it's my fault that my 2 daughters don't remember the shit that I told them? Fuck that, I did my part.

As I have told them many times: I have given you the information. What you choose to do with it is up to you.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

We lost power Friday night and were out of town all Saturday. When we came back that evening the power was still out (it had come back on at some point during the day before going out again, so luckily the freezer didn't defrost. Anyhow, I loaded up some coolers full of frozen meat and the kids to head to the inlaws and stick it in their freezer. Before we left I told my wife I was going to go to the bathroom. 

"The power is out. Are you sure you will be able to flush it?"

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

We lost power Friday night and were out of town all Saturday. When we came back that evening the power was still out (it had come back on at some point during the day before going out again, so luckily the freezer didn't defrost. Anyhow, I loaded up some coolers full of frozen meat and the kids to head to the inlaws and stick it in their freezer. Before we left I told my wife I was going to go to the bathroom. 

To be fair, if you’re in Austin, there’s a good chance the water is out too. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Power outages do create a toilet issue because my BioBidet 2000 in my master bath doesn’t work. Fortunately I have old school Neo 185s in the other bathrooms so I don’t have to dry-wipe like a savage. It is a hardship, though, because the Neos don’t have the heated seat or heated water. 

• Like 2

I do 95% of my driving around town where you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a gas pump.  Why would I want to sign up for more stops to fill up with gas?

Same. When my truck says low fuel I have about 50 miles to go. I’ll drive typically 30. I wish I had a 36 gallon tank, but few gas stations would let me fill up on a single card swipe.

20 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Back in the day, my buddies and I used to enjoy just hanging out at the boat ramp under Loop 360 on Lake Austin on a Saturday afternoon and just watch the shenanigans as they happened.  Great entertainment.   

oh man, do i have a tiktok account for you:

https://www.tiktok.com/@creditcardcaptain

you ever had to use the outboard motors to help push you up the boat ramp?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Does anyone else's wife take a bite or a slice of a fruit and just put it back in the fridge without putting it in a ziploc or something similar?  There was just an apple with about 1/4 carved off of it (and a random bite) sitting in my fridge naked as the day it was born.  Just open to the air and getting brown.  I have told her how air works before, but she clearly still doesn't get it.

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

My wife is trying to sell oldtoys on FB marketplace and immediately she stares getting messaged from people who don’t want to come pick up. They offer to use a “service” where they pay a courier for delivery plus the price, you go in and claim the cash, then a courier comes and get the item.  Anyway, she responded to about five of these and then went on and “verified” the payment and gave these fucking scammers access to online banking and debit card. She sent them even an account generated QR code so they could set up my bank app on their phone.

Luckily she used a local checking account I use to pay small bills and that never has more than about 1k sitting in it. But as of now I am trying to get back 300 bucks and also undoing a “minute loan” for about $7K and it’s a giant time suck. I am super fucking pissed. 

The best gotdam part— gmail WARNED her that these emails were fraud and not to click. But she said “the profile on FB was so nice! She was into crochet.”

Is this real? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, burntorangebongos said:

Is this real? 

Oh, it’s so fucking real. Unbelievable. She sent me these gotdamn scam emails and it’s textbook. The “Sender” has the name of a legit courier business but then if you look at the actual email address, it’s sketchy “@apple.com” masked addresses. 

I consider myself patient but I have smoke coming out of my ears. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

My wife is trying to sell oldtoys on FB marketplace and immediately she stares getting messaged from people who don’t want to come pick up. They offer to use a “service” where they pay a courier for delivery plus the price, you go in and claim the cash, then a courier comes and get the item.  Anyway, she responded to about five of these and then went on and “verified” the payment and gave these fucking scammers access to online banking and debit card. She sent them even an account generated QR code so they could set up my bank app on their phone.

Luckily she used a local checking account I use to pay small bills and that never has more than about 1k sitting in it. But as of now I am trying to get back 300 bucks and also undoing a “minute loan” for about $7K and it’s a giant time suck. I am super fucking pissed. 

The best gotdam part— gmail WARNED her that these emails were fraud and not to click. But she said “the profile on FB was so nice! She was into crochet.”

357113678_574802438192318_61010768122512

credit to @WithoutAClue in the fb thread. 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Does anyone else's wife take a bite or a slice of a fruit and just put it back in the fridge without putting it in a ziploc or something similar?  There was just an apple with about 1/4 carved off of it (and a random bite) sitting in my fridge naked as the day it was born.  Just open to the air and getting brown.  I have told her how air works before, but she clearly still doesn't get it.

She sounds rotten to the core. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/1/2023 at 6:06 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

7rluj5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

"Don't you think we have too many bbq pits?"

First, who is we?

All I have is an offset smoker, gas grill, Akorn and a pellet smoker. Not enough IMO, since I have my eye on a gravity smoker.

The correct number of bbq pits needed is n+1 where n=number of bbq pits currently owned.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Forget politics, religion, same tastes in entertainment,etc…. Before you get married make sure you’re on the same page when it comes to the damn snooze alarm! She hit it 6 times this morning, that added an extra hour to her set time to get up and she can’t figure out why she’s so rushed! I’m usually up and turning my alarm off before it goes off.

• Rage+1 3

49 minutes ago, GoPokes83 said:

Forget politics, religion, same tastes in entertainment,etc…. Before you get married make sure you’re on the same page when it comes to the damn snooze alarm! She hit it 6 times this morning, that added an extra hour to her set time to get up and she can’t figure out why she’s so rushed! I’m usually up and turning my alarm off before it goes off.

Separate. Bedrooms. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Full narrative:  

The 1973 Pulitzer Prize-winning photograph “Burst of Joy," taken by Sal Vedar. A former US Prisoner of War is shown being reunited with his family.

Despite outward appearances, the reunion was an unhappy one for Stirm. It is depressing to read that three days before the picture was taken Lt. Col. Robert L. Stirm received a letter from his wife that she wanted a divorce.

His wife took 140,000 of his pay while he was a POW, took his two younger kids, house, car, 40% of his future pension, and $300 a month in child support. She had to pay back only $1500 of his money used on trips with other men.

He fought and lost against her in court. He then had to live with his mom in San Francisco taking care of his older kids.

• Rage+1 8

6 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Bitches be crazy. In better news:

Florida Gov. DeSantis signs bill ending permanent alimony

https://www.cbsnews.com/miami/news/florida-gov-desantis-signs-bill-ending-permanent-alimony/

In this day and age of women's empowerment, it's absurd that alimony still exists.  (Sorry for the CR)

• Hook 'Em 3