Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Like what exactly? It’s like you’re trying to make up some hypothetical to confirm UT is “running thangs” in the SEC which is precisely one of the reasons we’re going to the SEC so we don’t have to run thangs because they have competent leadership 

I don’t know what will happen.  Let’s check back 10 years down the road and see how it went.  Hopefully you’re right and it all goes smooth.  I still don’t see us taking any bullshit from anyone if they try us though.

3 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

Michigan attorneys couldn’t get a Michigan state Judge to sign a TRO before this game?  Pretty weak.  

“I’m not reading this shit on a Saturday so you can coach a football game, this isn’t a real emergency”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

21 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

That may be the intent, but do you really picture us sitting back and letting the Mississippis of the world sit on an equal level with us?

As a sports competitor? Why not? 

They're not sitting on an equal level in any other way unless they earn it. The celebration of the end of amateur athletics as even a pretense should have told you out front.

I agree with those saying Texas has no more interest in this unlikely scenario of UM joining the SEC than anybody else. Do we really want Harbaugh doing sleep-overs with teenage boys all over the South and Southwest? Do we want them to have easier recruiting in Texas?

I couldn't care less what conference Michigan plays in. They don't strike me as an A&M wanting to run away from any perceived big brother. It's just a hysterical bluff.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I still don’t see us taking any bullshit from anyone if they try us though.

No offense, but that's some Aggie sounding bullshit right there. So puffed up and postured.* We'll just be us and not worry about proving shit to anybody.

*Sincere apologies for the non-sentence. Feature not a bug.

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It’s funny though because all the info out there says Michigan was presented with all the findings of the investigations in order to respond and failed to respond until forced. Their “discovery” is still probably that Ryan Day witch hunt. 

yeah but discovery means that the B1G and Ohio State and everyone will also have to turn over all the stuff in the folder marked "secret conspiracy: DO NOT SHOW TO MICHIGAN"

3 minutes ago, Jebus said:

yeah but discovery means that the B1G and Ohio State and everyone will also have to turn over all the stuff in the folder marked "secret conspiracy: DO NOT SHOW TO MICHIGAN"

False. Ohio state isn’t a party in this nor is anyone else. This is Michigan vs BIG/BIG commissioner. Ohio state not named. And Michigan has already been told that Ohio state wasn’t involved 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

11 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

I don’t know what will happen.  Let’s check back 10 years down the road and see how it went.  Hopefully you’re right and it all goes smooth.  I still don’t see us taking any bullshit from anyone if they try us though.

What bullshit though? That’s why people are asking you what exactly you’re talking about.

If the Mississippi schools want to do something in the conference that harms Texas, then yes we will fight and say something. If they want to do something that we just don’t personally like and the majority of the conference does, then we will suck it up and go on.

I mean, is there an example from the past where the Mississippi schools tried to pull something that Alabama or Georgia (football) Kentucky or arkansas (basketball) or Vanderbilt (baseball) didn’t like and they stepped in to overrule them? (Or even something from the b12 where Texas stepped in?)

Its just really unclear what you’re talking about or thinking of which is why people are baffled at your posts 

5 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What bullshit though? That’s why people are asking you what exactly you’re talking about.

If the Mississippi schools want to do something in the conference that harms Texas, then yes we will fight and say something. If they want to do something that we just don’t personally like and the majority of the conference does, then we will suck it up and go on.

I mean, is there an example from the past where the Mississippi schools tried to pull something that Alabama or Georgia (football) Kentucky or arkansas (basketball) or Vanderbilt (baseball) didn’t like and they stepped in to overrule them? (Or even something from the b12 where Texas stepped in?)

Its just really unclear what you’re talking about or thinking of which is why people are baffled at your posts 

Yeah, I really don’t know what could happen because we haven’t even started in the conference yet.  I don’t really want to derail the thread and argue with everyone though, so I’ll just accept that my initial point wasn’t good and shut up about it.

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Jim Harbaugh still coaches at Michigan… for now 

I guess it's possible some crazy shit will come out. I don't see UM going nuts like this if they believed that, though, unless they are trying to scare the investigation away. Harbaugh deserves huge props, so does Franklin. They've taken the long road of building both programs back. I'm hoping we're on the same trajectory -- but more fun -- with Sark.

I worry about the precedent this sets allowing the Conferences to mete out a punishment. It’s really pathetic the NCAA is such a pile of shit. I feel confident that an investigation will show what most of us believe to be true on the cheating. That he authorized it. But I don’t like this precedent it sets. It’s a disgrace. No hearing or real due process. As if OHio State and Penn State are some kind of arbiters of morality. Ex parte and all that. SMDH in disgust. Fuck Harbaugh too man. I cannot root for Penn State at all. Sorry. Will just watch another game.

really kinda stunned Harbaugh isn’t on the sidelines. Because it seems like a Jim thing to do. But that would just exacerbate the shit show he started. And the Big10 just dumped gasoline and matches on it. Smdh 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I worry about the precedent this sets allowing the Conferences to mete out a punishment. It’s really pathetic the NCAA is such a pile of shit. I feel confident that an investigation will show what most of us believe to be true on the cheating. That he authorized it. But I don’t like this precedent it sets. It’s a disgrace. No hearing or real due process. As if OHio State and Penn State are some kind of arbiters of morality. Ex parte and all that. SMDH in disgust. Fuck Harbaugh too man. I cannot root for Penn State at all. Sorry. Will just watch another game.

really kinda stunned Harbaugh isn’t on the sidelines. Because it seems like a Jim thing to do. But that would just exacerbate the shit show he started. And the Big10 just dumped gasoline and matches on it. Smdh 

Yale at Princeton starts in a few minutes on ESPNU.

• Hook 'Em 3

I haven't read all of them but their membership in the Big Ten is voluntary. They agreed to the rules. If they don't like them they can leave, which they're now threatening. Okay, leave. 

It's the same thing as the CBAs in pro sports. The appeal process is spelled out. Lawsuits only happen if there is a claim that someone violated the CBA. Saying the CBA isn't fair doesn't really work until it's time to negotiate the next one. 

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You don't think Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, Tennessee, Arkansas are our peers? Vs current Big 12?

More our peers than  big 12, certainly.  I read peers as "equals" regarding national influence but if you mean kinda sorta in the same neighborhood and they really care about football, then ok.  I was thinking bama, OU, Georgia, fla.

Your point remains though that Texas is not going to have to be one of 2 bellcows carrying a bunch of slap dicks on our back.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Tex Long said:

From a popcorn-ingestion viewpoint, I want to see Meatchicken give the B1G a finger and have Harbaugh on the sideline, refusing to give in to what they woulda coulda characterize as an unenforceable order. Now what? Announce to a few tens of thousands of screaming fans that there will not be a game? Refuse to allow refs to officiate?

Some people just want to watch the world burn. Choosing betweed Cheating Meatchicken and Pedo State tends to put me in that category.

While that would have been entertaining, it wasn't going to happen. He shows up, he's trespassing. Game over.

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

Michigan has it's closest game of the year, and what do you think contributed to that the most?

A) Harbaugh not being there

B)Penn St is a decent team, esp at home

C) sign stealer is not on the sideline

D) Running the ball 60 times because they know that Penn St is a charmin soft paper tiger

8 passes total....

After watching Michigan play this year I would never have guessed they would beat a team the way they did yesterday.

Last year they did it to everyone run run run Run, one or two shots deep. This year they just didn’t look like that. Pedo had one of the top run Ds and instead of letting JJ go nuts like they had been they decided to just run into pedos strength and it worked.

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan