Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Frank Drebin said:

I asked this earlier and got no answer.  Does anyone know why Sherrone Moore went to JUCO out of high school?  Usually, it's either the player was not a big prospect or they were not very bright/studious.  Do we know which for Moore?

My guess is that he was not a prospect coming out of high school.  below is a list of the top players out of Kansas in 2004 and he is not on the list.  Seven 2 star players made the list.

SIGNED

2 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Some Michigan fans upset about this move -- they thought no way Herbert would follow Jim to Chargers

I've heard multiple media members that cover Michigan in the last week talk about the importance of keeping Herbert and the likelihood of him leaving with Harbaugh. The only two reasons I heard cited by said media people were:

1) The usual trope about the employee just loving the program and never wanting to leave the comfortable warmth of their carveout in Ann Arbor.

2) He makes $1M at Michigan and that is more than most S&C guys in the NFL. 

Both seemed flimsy. Anyone surprised by this move hasn't been paying attention.

42 minutes ago, 66BUFF said:

My guess is that he was not a prospect coming out of high school.  below is a list of the top players out of Kansas in 2004 and he is not on the list.  Seven 2 star players made the list.

SIGNED

You should probably spoiler that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

So I guess when Harbaugh said “Sherrone Moore was the only man to lead Michigan”, what he meant was “Sherrone Moore is the only man that will be left behind to lead Michigan when I’m done with them”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

That video of Jim confused about snow crabs and repeatedly asking if the guy is a sex addict is so fucking weird and hilarious. How did he ever convince a recruit to play for him? 

I would have loved to see Harbaugh’s face after Jameis explained. “Well Coach, I’m not a sex addict. I jumped up on the table and yelled ‘fuck her right in the pussy’ because I was making fun of an internet meme where a guy jumped in front of a news camera and yelled it into the microphone.’ It was just a prank.” 

1 minute ago, MrBig said:

I would have loved to see Harbaugh’s face after Jameis explained. “Well Coach, I’m not a sex addict. I jumped up on the table and yelled ‘fuck her right in the pussy’ because I was making fun of an internet meme where a guy jumped in front of a news camera and yelled it into the microphone.’ It was just a prank.” 

I think trying to explain a pop culture reference is why we're over here on surly instead of hanging out at shaggy.  Would expect both explanations to go about the same.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Deej said:

I heard Moore during his press conference thanking Charlie Strong and Shawn Watson for everything they taught him. Michigan is so fucked. 

I heard a guy on a Michigan YouTube video constantly using Vance Bedford as his source raving about Sherrone since they coached together at Louisville.

My first reaction -- Dude get a better source than Vance to quote next time....

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.0f8054c039d9c18c5d9c677d587be8a1.png

lol

Yeah, a Michigan buddy of mine said last week that  "there was no way Ben Herbert leaves"  

Now he's crying about both this news and his lion's aggy head coach decisions from yesterday...  😋

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I heard a guy on a Michigan YouTube video constantly using Vance Bedford as his source raving about Sherrone since they coached together at Louisville.

My first reaction -- Dude get a better source than Vance to quote next time....

Get on the train.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2024 at 5:31 PM, LTtxfan said:

Don't hate Michigan... just didn't like Harbaugh and all of his bullshit drama.  

If Sherrone doesn't do well, don't act surprised...  

I get that. If he’s not “your guy” he’s a lot. I guess it’s because I’ve bought into him at michigan. Guy wins A LOT. 

Sherrone who knows. I do know i have learned your program is only as good as your assistants. Look at Saban. Had the best D coordinators the game has ever seen and no one could  F with him. This run by hardnuts (Mike McDonald and minter) Sherrone OC/oline, Mike hart RB coach even down to Jay hardnuts as special teams coach. It’s insane how much talent he had on that staff. We didn’t have a Vince young type player on that team that dominated all the stats or high profile recruits, we had a team full of hungry dogs willing to do what ever it takes as well as being willing to develop. Love this team

• Haha 1

I used to have a rivals account. I knew all these little pigs every move what their ranking was and how many schools they visited. Stopped in 2009 and never looked back. So stupid. I only want to know you if you accomplish shit on the field. No hype videos nothing I raw dog the season and it feels so good

7 minutes ago, Bogeywon said:

Sherrone who knows. I do know i have learned your program is only as good as your assistants. Look at Saban. Had the best D coordinators the game has ever seen and no one could  F with him. This run by hardnuts (Mike McDonald and minter) Sherrone OC/oline, Mike hart RB coach even down to Jay hardnuts as special teams coach. It’s insane how much talent he had on that staff. We didn’t have a Vince young type player on that team that dominated all the stats or high profile recruits, we had a team full of hungry dogs willing to do what ever it takes as well as being willing to develop. Love this team

am i having a stroke? does anyone smell toast?

27 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Glass houses. Our insiders don’t have exactly an impressive track record 

Our insiders that actually work have track records that are just fine. The only thing Ketchum and Chip Brown are inside of is the refrigerator and the liquor cabinet. 

• Haha 2

So I guess this is Michigan Football thread...

Michigan stays in-house to fill offensive coordinator role

DOUG SAMUELS      4 HOURS AGO

Sherrone Moore has found his offensive coordinator within the Michigan football facility.

The Wolverines are elevating Kirk Campbell to fill the offensive coordinator vacancy created with Sherrone Moore's ascension to head coach.  Campbell coached JJ McCarthy and this quarterbacks this past fall.

The hire provides ultimate continuity for the defending national champions, which will have obvious benefits schematically, but should also bode well for the Wolverines in terms of keeping the roster intact from potential transfer portal departures that have become customary after a head coaching change.

During their early season game against ECU, Campbell stepped in as the team's offensive coordinator while Moore served as interim head coach.

He has previous offensive coordinator experience at Old Dominion during the 2020 and 2021 seasons, where he also mentored the quarterbacks.

Prior to ODU, Campbell was an offensive analyst on the Penn State staff, and also spent time as the offensive coordinator at Alderson Broaddus (D-II - WV), where he enjoyed a five month stint as the program's head coach before leaving for Happy Valley.

The program also announced that Grant Newsome will move from tight ends to offensive line, as we previously reported.

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Harbaugh is going to quickly learn that the NFL media will call out his bullshit far quicker and louder than the Michigan sycophants. 

You realize this guy coached in the league was one of the best coaches in the league and lost the Super Bowl to his brother who is an incredibly good coach in the league right? Is your post a bit? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

You believe/think Harbaughs statement on JJ has any validity at all?  It’s an absurd claim to make. 

Harbaugh's been saying/doing absurd shit for the entirety of his coaching career. It's not surprising in the least, and he likely gives zero fucks what the NFL media thinks about it. He's a good coach but a bit of a strange dude.  

45 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

yeah, about a Michigan coach on a Texas board.  Year round, not just the offseason. 

Jim is a weirdo and a cheater. He is a good coach, which makes his cheating especially odd. I think even the people who like his coaching struggle with rationalizing his cheating and weirdness. It’s a bit like gawking at a car crash. Not sure why it bothers you.

I’d say the majority of posters on this board never even saw Earl Campbell play. And Vince doesn’t make headlines too often these days. 

We talked about Johnny Manziel a lot, too. 

Edited by Tex Pete

45 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Jim is a weirdo and a cheater. He is a good coach, which makes his cheating especially odd. I think even the people who like his coaching struggle with rationalizing his cheating and weirdness. It’s a bit like gawking at a car crash. Not sure why it bothers you.

I’d say the majority of posters on this board never even saw Earl Campbell play. And Vince doesn’t make headlines too often these days. 

and that too was a bizarre obsession. 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Some of you guys were around when football was leather helmet and no forward pass....plenty saw the Tyler rose